[2.4] zSavage's Life Based Crit Mjolner ('Savagenuke') [Juggernaut]

"
vagrantozzy wrote:
snip

Your skill tree link is broken and has a couple floating nodes.

As for uber, I've never ran it myself (never cared/tried to get a set), but I've had users of the build confirm that it can do uber, even without a legacy Mjolner.

For improvement, try to get a pair of gloves that either has attack speed or can master craft attack speed. Also, try to get a shield that has spell crit as well as life and spell damage. I've recently switched from Rathpith to this shield:

and gained ~150 life. (I have enough %life from the tree and jewels that 100ish flat life was better than 10%).

LGoH vs LMP: It's up to you. I've felt like the additional projectiles weren't needed most of the time. Either way, you'll need a mana gain on hit jewel (one +2 should be enough) if you add a 6th link.
Personally I've found the 5L to be fine and reduces socket pressure.

-Savage
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Updated for 2.1.0. No tree changes, gear changes, or skill setup changes needed.

Blasphemy came in at 35% reservation. Since use of this would cancel out both herald of thunder and arctic armour, I decided not to use it (at least for now).

If you do want to run Blasphemy, you will drop Arctic armor, and move your Wrath aura to a single gem slot. I would pull Ele weakness out of CWDT and move tempest shield to this position. Then in the BBB shield run Ele Weakness + Blasphemy + Enfeeble. This way you'll be able to choose defense or offense depending on the map and situation. I'm going to give this a test soon and will update with the results.

-Savage
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Hi

thanks for the tree, I needed a 2.1 Mjolner build and this works nicely with the gear I have. Using Grace + Purity of Light for auras since i'm playing hardcore.

Have this but need to chrome and find some other strength gear..

Just noticed I still need to quality some gear :D
Last edited by dandan88 on Dec 15, 2015, 1:18:55 PM
Interesting build, very similar to mine, like yourself I saw the rainbownuke build and decided to make a life based one instead.

I don't agree with some of your choices, mainly picking up crit and a lack of survivability but I digress.

here's my build and gear if you're interested, main difference is larger life pool, vaal pact and l-coil phys mitigation, no idea how comparable the damage would be, things melt in any case, and clear speed is no issue since lightning strike is generally better for clearing trash.

gear

how does your build handle elemental reflect and/or no-regen maps?
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
Last edited by Zeekin on Dec 18, 2015, 7:36:38 AM
By using CWDT + Immortal Call combined with Voll's ammy the build has no problems with phys damage.

Use of spell crit enables near permanent flask uptime due to the use of the now legacy surgeon's prefix.

As for ele reflect, if you don't know it's there and try to play normally, it will kill you if you jump into the middle of a big pack.

If you do know ele reflect is present, you can shield swap to saffels and go for smaller groups as well as keeping your topaz flask up while attacking.

My char has over 6.3K life, combined with Voll's ammy end charges and unlimited flask usage with 30% increased flask effect. So I wouldn't say my build lacks survivability by any means.

No regen maps are fine; I just would not turn on bloodrage. The life gain from Kingsguard easily trumps life leech and my mana gain on hit jewel will enable me to keep attacking.

Again, the main reason for the spell crit nodes is to refill flasks. The extra damage and status conditions are a nice bonus too of course.

-Savage
twitch.tv/savagewolves
What level should my Molten Strike be?
Level 3 at most. It doesn't really do any DPS, so lvl 3 is the highest level before the mana cost increases.

My Molten Strike has lvl16 and Mana Cost Stay 6

Or iam to Stupid to understand it ? yours is lvl3 and cost 6
Last edited by perling on Dec 27, 2015, 11:37:38 AM
"
perling wrote:
What level should my Molten Strike be?
Level 3 at most. It doesn't really do any DPS, so lvl 3 is the highest level before the mana cost increases.

My Molten Strike has lvl16 and Mana Cost Stay 6

Or iam to Stupid to understand it ? yours is lvl3 and cost 6

The level of the molten strike no longer matters. In patch 2.1.0 GGG changed melee skills so the mana cost is the same at all levels for every skill except dominating blow.

Feel free to level molten to level 20 now.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Ahhh okay thank you :))

And Thank you for this nice build ^^

this just seems to be working for me atm (I like nice and slow steady gameplay with the burst dps)

here's my backup shield
What do you think about using Repentance instead of rare gloves?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info