[2.0] Poison Arrow Marauder. Do any map mod / boss!

Introduction

This guide is to help people who are interesting playing Poison Arrow, in a Hardcore league, but do not want to play as a Scion / Ranger. This is an armor and life based Poison Arrow build guide. By going Marauder, we lose the option of a few extra jewels slots, but gain a mass amount of life and will be going armor instead of evasion/dodge. This makes you pretty tanky and are able to face tank a lot of physical damage once your gear and build is complete.

The only map mod that this build cannot do is minus max resists - which, this could theoretically.. be done... but.. you have a pretty low chance of survival :)

the Skill Tree

This build really does not get strong until you are able to get a good amount of points in the skill tree, since it requires some damage nodes ontop of a few Jewel nodes - this happens around level 65-70. Until then, I recommend leveling Sweep and/or Cyclone since it is easy enough to respec out of a few physical damage points you can collect along the way to help you level.

Leveling up as Melee Head straight towards blood magic and RT, then work towards the shadow/ranger part of the tree after completing this tree, but do not respec until you have unlocked all the chaos damage and damage over time nodes(from the level 80 tree) as well as a couple of jewels or your clearspeed will be dismal.

Level 80

Level 90

Level 100

the Gems

Poison Arrow + Empower + Increased Area of Effect + Concentrated Effect + Slower Projectiles + Pierce

Cast When Damage taken(level 5) + GMP + Arctic Breath + Molten Shell + Flame Golem

Cast When Damage taken(level 20) + Molten Shell + Immortal Call + Increased Duration

Mirror Arrow + Blink Arrow + Faster Attacks + Increased Duration

Vulnerability + Enduring Cry + Increased Area of Effect

Make sure to not make the mistake i did, and start leveling up an Empower ASAP.

Do not use Pierce until you get a Drillneck

Stats and Bandits

Stats from PathofPoe - Some highlights: 235% increased armor, 205% increased max life, 275% increased damage (AoE+DoT+Proj+Chaos) and you will have a total of 5 Frenzy charges when all is said and done (6 if you corrupt your boots.)

Normal: Help Oak
Cruel: Skill Point
Merc: Help Kraytin

Gear Choices

The only item that this build requires is a +2/3 to Bow gems bow, ideally with an open prefix for Damage over Time craft from Leo.

Gear suggestions:

Chest armor with 1.5-2k armor value, with 70-110 max life. Resists as needed.

Gloves with as much armor as possible, 70-110 max life, and IAS if possible. Resists as needed.

Boots with as much armor as possible, 70-110 max life, increased movement speed. Resists as needed. (Use Blood Dance if you do not have a 5 Linked chest, but make sure to focus on 5 linking your bow first!)

Quiver, use a Hyrri's Bite or a nice high life+resist quiver with IAS until you can afford a Drillneck

For Jewels, you want any combination of Chaos Damage, Damage over time, Area Damage, Projectile Damage and Life. Once you pick up a Drillneck, you will also want to get a hold of a Poacher's Aim.

Hidden Potential is also a great option, if you are ever to a point where you are able to afford one and can pick up enough resist elsewhere in your gear to focus on using a few blue items.

Here is what I am currently using. Still need a +3 bow and a Drillneck.
Spoiler

Conclusion / Videos

All in all, this is a really fun build to play and once you get enough currency to buy some nice jewels and unlock all the damage passive nodes, your clearspeed is off the charts!

Videos: Ledge map @ level 78. (With level 18 gems, +2 bow, no Empower or Drillneck.)
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Last edited by Edzilla on Aug 11, 2015, 1:33:57 AM
Bump - changed some stuff - any feedback or suggestions are welcome, thanks!
stats would be nice.
looking forward to see something like that
"
anakkk wrote:
stats would be nice.
looking forward to see something like that

Stats? I listed all the stats from Pathofpoe above.

If you're looking for my current armor/hp/dps tooltips, that is kind of not an option atm, since i am still in the gearing stage ;) Plus PA tooltip doesn't really work.
Bump
Added a video of a ledge map and changed a few things around. Still on the fence about curse on hit and frenzy. Might just stick with Blood Dance, even if i do lose the armor.
Looking around some bow marauder builds... Is there something with iron grip that kept you away from it? I always thought iron grip was a go-to node for bow/molten strike marauders.
"
Oleker wrote:
Looking around some bow marauder builds... Is there something with iron grip that kept you away from it? I always thought iron grip was a go-to node for bow/molten strike marauders.

It adds no damage to Poison Arrow. The only key words that give you DPS are: Area damage, chaos damage, damage over time, damage, and projectile damage.
If you/anyone that might be building this want to buy a nice standard bow im selling my
for 60ex. PM me in game or on the site.
Could we see a difficult map? Hard to judge a build's clear speed on a Mountain Ledge...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info