[2.0] Zazey's Chaos Shocker - Static Electricity SA Voltaxic! Refect immune!

VOLTAXIC'S BACK BABY! This build focuses on using Voltaxic Rift with the new jewel Static Electricity. The basis of this build is that you path around jewel nodes with as much dex as possible without taking unnecessary dex nodes that lead to nowhere. This bonus lightning damage that is obtained from the jewels gets transformed to chaos damage, making almost 90% of your damage chaos damage, making reflect virtually a non issue. It also picks up IR to get you easily over 10k armor, giving you 65-70% + armour rating.

Pro's

-High clear speed
-Reflect immune
-Ridiculously High armour
-Almost all chaos damage

Con's

-Life on the lower/middle end compared to most other builds [Around 4.5k life] (this can be increased at the cost of damage)

Offences

THIS IS WITH 0/4 POWER CHARGES (with 4 I sit around 22k DPS SA) Note: this is not including the bonus damage from mobs being shocked, which they always are.

SA DPS:
Wrath = 9500 dps
3/3 frenzy + Blood Rage = 16k dps
3/3 frenzy + atziri flask = 18k dps
3/3 frenzy + flask + 4/4 power charges = 22k dps
3/3 frenzy + flask + 4/4 power charges + shock = 33k dps

Frenzy DPS with everything up + shock = 98k dps
MORE SCREEN SHOTS/UPDATED TO COME!

Leveling

So leveling with this build is insanely quick. Basically you pick up one of these:

And with Stormcloud you can literally level all the way to voltaxic, however, it can be more optimal to pick up higher ele damage bows as you go along, which are conveniently cheap.

Bandits:
Normal: Oak (life)
Cruel: Kraityn (Attack Speed)
Merciless: Alira (Power Charge)

This is the level 100 tree. I will admit, It probably can be more optimized but for now it works.
Spoiler
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIBAF4A7gMeBLMF-QguC2EPqxUgFfAWvxmKGY4ZtBo4H0EkiyaVJy8qTSzpLYMyiTWSN9Q62DwtPydHfkkTSshLV1FHUUxVS1fiX7Bh4mVNaPJuqm-edct35X1bfXWCm4Nfg8yExYazieCMNpBVkx-VzJcGm42btaIArEevbLXytz674702vqfA48M6xKLGrspK037YveFz5ljqYu0g7T_tg_Af8bP5Y_4K_rr-j03jplfyRTrhMHx_KznUb_KgnwYjtUjz6ioLcFKJ03DVnKSHE3cH51Qk_f_e3Q1brxR1GNt08ZAKKaUhdobOwTONfSP2TZKj70SK

Basically while leveling you want to rush for 2-3 early jewel nodes in Ranger then down to iron reflexes. I personally chose to end with the templar section of the tree because the character is on Warbands, however, feel free to grab all the life first then grabbing the crit, just know that your crit chance will be fairly low due to voltaxic's low base crit.

Gearing

Ok so let's talk about gearing.

Weapon

This is a CORE item and is 100% necessary.

Chest
Ok so there is 2 options here. The first is a Cherrubim's Maleficence This is a Unique chest that adds 80-100 max life and 10-20% chaos damage, this will without a doubt be the highest dps chest you can get, however you would need some GG resist items.

The second is a Rare chest with high EV high resists and Life. My current chest is this:

Jewelry
Ok so theres some things you want to find on jewelry
-high life
-High crit chance
-High Weapon Elemental Damage
-Dual Resists

GG territory:
-Crit Multi
-Accuracy

Gloves, Boots, Belt, Quiver

Gloves and Belt: 2 options for each
The first option is a Thunderfist gloves or a Rare gloves. I personally went with rare gloves because of the life and resists. You want to aim for gloves with Life, Attack Speed, Resits, high EV, and potentially added lightning damage.

For belt you can again choose between Doryani's Lightning belt, this will provide you with high resists, high damage, and leech. I again chose to get a Rare belt with high resists and high life. If you choose to go the same route as I then look for a belt with 90+ life, high resists and high WED.

Boots:

I feel these are such a huge damage increase to not pass up.

Quiver:
Rare quiver with high WED, high life, high crit chance, high attack speed, high crit multi and resists.

Jewels
Should be used in every jewel socket except the one by templar, that one should be a rare with either damage or resits.

Gem's

First 6L: Split arrow, Blood magic, Chain, Weapon Elemental Damage, Faster Attacks, Life Leech

Second 6L: Frenzy, Blood Magic, Weapon Elemental Damage, Slower Projectiles, Faster Attacks, Power Charge on Crit

4l:Wrath, Grace, Enlighten, Empower

4l: Blood Magic, Blood Rage, Flame Golem, Blink Arrow

2l: Blood Magic, Assassins Mark
2l: CWDT, Immortal Call

Videos and Screen Shots to come. Plenty of Updates to come. Shoutout to Neuralgic for help with the tree concept.
Last edited by zazey on Aug 7, 2015, 1:46:50 AM
Hi there

Smàrt build and really looking forward to the videos, to sell me on it. The higher the map level the better it would look IMO.

Your Tree is really not that great. You pick up weak dmg nodes like Method to the Madness and travel all the way to Templar for life and dmg while not taking all the easily attainable life and dmg on your side of the tree. Things like shadow elemental nodes (42%), ranger projectile nodes (30%), Frenzy charges, Life nodes near dualist and shadow, thick skin, profane chemistry and several easily reachable jewel slots (a blue jewel is ~25% inc dmg or 7% life with res)
"
Flouyd wrote:
Your Tree is really not that great. You pick up weak dmg nodes like Method to the Madness and travel all the way to Templar for life and dmg while not taking all the easily attainable life and dmg on your side of the tree. Things like shadow elemental nodes (42%), ranger projectile nodes (30%), Frenzy charges, Life nodes near dualist and shadow, thick skin, profane chemistry and several easily reachable jewel slots (a blue jewel is ~25% inc dmg or 7% life with res)

Not going into templar is viable yes, however after looking at possible changes you still would only realistically go up to 186% increased life, which is more than enough to put you at 4.5k+, which is realistically all you need. The problem with what you propose is that it doesn't take into account the actual amount of points we have available. I managed to grab as much life and damage to make it a nice smooth mix but you are still only picking up 1 jewel node.

You also mention method to madness being a weak damage node when infact it's adding nearly 2k dps by grabbing that wheel to split arrow, which is absolutly insane if not the biggest source of damage on the tree.

As for jewel sockets, if you can link 40 dex to a jewel socket it will always be a bigger dps increase with static electricity than any blue/yellow jewel you can find.

The worst node in the tree is surprisingly Quickness because we only really use the 10 dex/5 movespeed just to be able to enter that crit crescent. Phys damage is pointless and if anything a detriment to the build.

Sure, I'd love to have 150 points and grab an extra 20% life and 100% damage but the fact is we don't and grabbing nodes like I do in the following tree seems to be the most optimal. It is however skipping thick skin because it was a choice between thick skin and profane chem and i feel that profane chem outwieighs the 6% bonus life you would get.

Still the problem is the tree is 123 points which is nonsense.

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIBAF4A7gMeBfkILg-rFSAV8Ba_GYoZjhm0H0EkiyaVKk0s6S2DNZI31D8nR35JE0rIS1dRR1FMVUtfsGHiZU1uqm-edct9W311hMWGs4ngjDaTH5XMlwabjZu1rEe18rvjvTa-p8DjwzrEospK037YveZY6mLtP-2D8bP5Y_4K_rr-j03j8kU64TB8fys51G_yoJ8GI7VI8-oqC3BSidNw1ZykhxN3B-dUJP3_3t0NW68UdRjbdPGQCimlIXaGzsEzjX0j9k2SR-Ii4qQ5bWw2PRvIz93xip2qYqxsjOUZtDj79ZeXRXyhIvT4okA-z73mWlKomnvD

I am also still playing around with the idea of running IR and Phase acrobatics. I know that the idea is usually bonkers however with both I would be sitting around 9k armour (50% phys reduction, down from 70%) and 40/30 dodge which I am not sure is a better trade off or not. The main problem im finding with getting this build atziri viable is there is 2 options. Drop a lot of survivability and get a ton of damage and just kill everything before it can do anything, or get more survivability and less damage and have to actually do something other than right click. I feel the latter is better because it will always be better for 77+ maps.
Last edited by zazey on Aug 7, 2015, 8:52:26 AM
I'll be honest, i tried both variations of the tree and personally I like my first better, however I took out the chaos damage nodes for now, if anything Method to Madness will be the last things I pickup at 95-100. Still toying around with IR/PA combo to see if I like that, armour, or no IR. For now though I am having no problems soloing almost all maps, Palace Dom isn't too bad, just requires a lot of attention, but overall it can do almost anything, haven't tried 81s-82s.
I'm playing a similar build using acrobatics instead of IR. Moving into the Templar seems strange to me as well, even after your explanation. I'm curious why you didn't move further into the shadow section ad grab the jewel node.

For 5 points, you get an additional 50 dex(for static), and are on path for the blood drinker life nodes. This also gives the option of depth perception for more dex and crit instead of the flat crit nodes above depth perception.

Forces of nature can replace catalyse, elemental nodes at the shadow start can replace templar elemental nodes.

I played around with the tree a bit and found that staying on the right side gets you higher damage, but slightly less defense. Here's a modified tree
Spoiler
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4A7gMeBfkILg-rFSAV8Ba_GYoZjhm0H0EkiyaVKk0s6S2DNZI31D8nR35JE0rIS1dRR1FMVUtfsGHiZU1uqm-edct9W311hMWGs4ngjDaTH5XMlwabjZu1rEe18rvjvTa-p8DjwzrEospK037YveZY6mLtP-2D8bP5Y_4K_rr-j03jplfyRTrhMHx_KznUb_KgnwYjtUjz6ioLcFKcpIcTdwfnVCT9_97dDVuvkAohdobOwTONfSP2TZKj70SK5Rm0OPv1VvrdRmOnEYFtbDY9G8jP3fGKnapsjGKs7LCMC7l8l5cNjYd2459KfRR1GNt08Sml

In the end, I guess sticking to the right side might be better for my acro based build with queen of the forest, where dex stacking is even that much more valuable. (especially considering you having IR)

Pretty cool stuff, it's clear that you've put a lot of thought into this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info