Minion Damage

Just wanted to bump (not really) to say that Spell Damage support was a really bad idea, but I still think Minion Damage shouldn't exist as a support. I think the main reason it exists now is that, for some misguided reason, unsupported minion damage is really low; thus, the numbers on Minion Damage need to be really high to make them viable. I think the base damage on minions should be increased to the point that they're effective with standard damage-enhancing supports, and the overly narrow Minion Damage should be removed.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 24, 2013, 4:38:34 PM
Absolutly great supportgem for a pure necromancer!

The reason why people say minions deal so less damage is because of the physical damage scaling.

If you increase the damage, the damage is further increased because of the armor penetration.
The support gem gives minions ~33% MORE damage if you also get the skillpoints.

I really like a pure physical summoner build and in my opinion its INCREDIBLE strong and I wonder why people go for fire damage/MI so much...

Just think about skeletons with:

+2 skill
minion damage
faster attacks
melee damage
vulnerability
aegis(so they tank like boss)

Those skeletons will kill map golems in like 2 seconds and they dont care if they are blue or yellow

The only downside of the minion damage support gem is, that its MANDATORY.

There is no point in not using it if you play a summoner. But this downside is acceptable imo^^
nvrmnd found it out
Last edited by madvillany on Dec 2, 2013, 11:58:35 AM
Does this work on Burning Miscreation Unrighteous Fire since the DoT patch?

Edit: I tested this a few times against hillock and it would seem that it does make a difference. Being that my testing wasn't particularly scientific, it'd be fantastic if to get a GGG response to confirm or deny.

Thanks!
Last edited by Smodab on Dec 3, 2013, 8:12:44 PM
Last edited by nameforgame on Feb 1, 2014, 2:45:48 AM
Simple question:
Does Minion damage support gem increase aura elemental damage on minions?

Thank you!
it increases all minions' damage. it isn't specific after all.
Can this please be added to minion skill tooltips? It's annoying to not see it there.
Should this gem work with The Sourge claw?

The claw states that "increases and reductions to minion damage also affect you", but my damage is affected by neither the skill gem (%more minion damage) nor the quality on the skill gem (%increased minion damage). This is regardless of whether the support gem is linked to my main skill.

Tooltip DPS for reference: http://imgur.com/a/kNznF
Last edited by anonymous890 on Dec 22, 2016, 1:23:25 AM
1. More Damage doesn't apply, which the description quite clearly states.
2. Blade Flurry is not a Minion Skill, and thus cannot be Supported with Minion-exclusive Supports.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info