Minion Speed

All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
I don't use this gem, my zombies are fast enough and I can summon skeletons where I need them. Minion Life and Dmg are more important, and to add speed to that you need a 4 linked blue.
Unavailable
Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
dspair wrote:
Unavailable
Unavailable

+8% quality adds +6% speed? What is the formula behind that?
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Could be 0.75% per quality.
I really don't like the Minion Life, Minion Damage, and Minion Speed support gems. Their function is too narrow. I say we open things up a bit.

In terms of this support gem, I think you should rename the Minion Speed support gem as Movement Speed. Give the following skills the Movement descriptor, and allow the new Movement Speed support gem to also work with them (perhaps not at the same rate of efficacy):
* Leap Slam. Note: Please make this skill dependent upon movement speed instead of attack speed. This might lead to some interesting slow-weapon builds forsaking attack speed and pumping movement speed; that's a good thing for build diversity.
* Shield Charge.
* Phase Run.
* Whirling Blades.
* Lightning Warp.

Regarding minion attack speed, please see my post in Minion Damage.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Dec 28, 2012, 3:10:21 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
* Leap Slam. Note: Please make this skill dependent upon movement speed instead of attack speed. This might lead to some interesting slow-weapon builds forsaking attack speed and pumping movement speed; that's a good thing for build diversity.

Just one question, really: Why?
This change would only make Leap Slam even slower (note; its base speed was improved a little while back since people felt it was just too slow), because you can't stack movement speed nearly as much as attack speed. Heavy armor would make your attacks slower. Leap Slam already favors the slowest, hardest hitting weapons anyways. You're trading one build (slow weapons with IAS) for another (slow weapons with IMS), so it hardly diversifies anything.
All in all, it would only make the skill weaker without adding anything interesting.

As for the gem idea; an interesting proposition. Makes the gem a little more diverse. I can already tell it would become mandatory though, same as Phase Run currently is (Phase Run is going to be changed for Open Beta, possibly losing its movespeed bonus).
"
Vipermagi wrote:
This change would only make Leap Slam even slower (note; its base speed was improved a little while back since people felt it was just too slow), because you can't stack movement speed nearly as much as attack speed. Heavy armor would make your attacks slower. Leap Slam already favors the slowest, hardest hitting weapons anyways. You're trading one build (slow weapons with IAS) for another (slow weapons with IMS), so it hardly diversifies anything.
All in all, it would only make the skill weaker without adding anything interesting.
I know the passive tree provides much more IAS support than movespeed support, and I took it for granted that the base speed should be changed to balance for that; I should have mentioned that. Still, the places where movespeed is available aren't exactly fun for Leap Slam and it's a little forced, so it still might be a bad idea.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
As for the gem idea; an interesting proposition. Makes the gem a little more diverse. I can already tell it would become mandatory though, same as Phase Run currently is (Phase Run is going to be changed for Open Beta, possibly losing its movespeed bonus).
I don't know if it should lose the move speed bonus altogether, but it definitely should be toned down significantly. Starting at 10% and leveling up to 19% would probably work.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I don't think this gem should exist. It's really silly that you have to waste a gem slot on making minions move -faster-. They really should just move faster by themselves...

I think minions in general need to be buffed so that if you spend a bunch of skill gems on them they become really good, not just "usable."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info