[2.0] Lordanar's Incinerate Templar - The Lord Of Fire

"When I finish this, your pathetic mortal world will burn with my vengeance!"
- Ragnaros the Firelord

Greetings fellow adventurers of Wraeclast.
I am Lordanar. Mostly known as a pretty casual World of Warcraft player that is extremely impressed with the mechanics and depths of Path of Exile. Today Im gonna bring you my Incinerate Templar with all the information I have in mind so far.

I. Why Incinerate?
Even tho you can't shotgun anymore, I have the feeling Incinerate is more powerful than ever. I played it back in Rampage with the typical Cybil's Paw - Reflect Immune stuff. Pretty sure some of you know what I am talking about. Anyway - It is powerful. It is a lot of damage and it is pretty safe, extremely fast and efficient (Isn't it the same thing? Nobody knows).

II. The Budget
You can have two versions of my build. A pretty tanky one that can sustain a 5L without problems (No Elreon Jewellery needed). The other one is a little bit more expensive and you need "specific" rare items to make it the best thing ever. Beware: You're not immortal, but insanely hard to kill. (And you do a sh****tload of damage)

III. Achievements with that build so far?
I dont wanna stand myself out or something here, but I'd say I am a pretty experienced Incinerate player, and overall I play and practice my builds a lot before I can go ahead and start a guide. My Templarboy is now 87, he died just once because I didn't know how the Village Ruins Boss worked. I killed the Archer, than the Big-Bad-Beast jumped on me, basically a oneshot. So far I did 2x Poorjoy's without ANY problems. I did the Hall of the Grandmasters with a 5L, also no deaths (even tho it was at the end EXTREMELY close, maybe I got a little lucky. Don't try it If your DPS is mediocre)

---

1. Positive/Negative
Spoiler

Positive:
- Insane Damage
- Extremely Tanky
- Can reach up to 6500 HP at 91+
- 4000 Armour + 3 Endurance Charges (With 92 - 4)
- 450~ Liferegeneration per Second
- 108%~ Projectile Speed just with gems (20Q Inc + Faster Proj)
- Gets a lot of Resistances from the Skilltree
- No curses needed. Enfeeble can be used with CWDT for more surviveability.
- Stun Immune

Negative:
- Sustaining a 6L can be difficult
- Needs Dexterity on Gloves/Jewellery
- Selfcast Enduring Cry (Some don't like it)
- Can't do Blood Magic and Reflect Map Mods

2. Leveling Gear
Spoiler

Top: Karui Ward
- Dexterity and Strength for early gems
- Projectile Speed
- Movementspeed
Overall the perfect Item for leveling with Incinerate.

Top: Wanderlust
- Dexterity
- Manareg
- Movementspeed
- Freeze Immune
Nothing to add. Get them.

Top: Abberath's Horn
- Up to 40% Increased Damage with Fire Spells
- Adds Fire Damage to Spells
Dualwield that badass. You will just melt!

Top: Cloak Of Flame
- Huge amount of Fire Resistance
- Huge boost to Physical Damage Reduction
If you hate death's in the early stages of the game, get that beast. Its a Lightning Coil for beginners.

Top: Goldrim
- All Resist
If you play in Warbands I'd definitely not suggest it. It is waaaaay to expensive, but: If you have one, use it. It helps.

Good: Mokou's Embrace
- Fire Damage
- Fire and Cold Resistance
Pretty decent. But with the Wands we have so much damage, it doesn't really matter. I like Coral Rings more for HP. Your choice!

Good: Perandus Blazon
- All Attributes
- Fire Resist
- Quantity
If you need Dexterity/Strength, it is a pretty good option.

3. Bandits
Spoiler

Normal: Help Oak
Cruel: Help Alira
Merciless: CRUSH THEM ALL!

4. Skill Tree
Spoiler

19 Points
We get the big +Strength/Intelligence Nodes together with the first Jewel Socket.
Complete the Fellshrine Ruins in "Normal" Difficulty and pick the "Survival Secrets" Jewel.
It will help you a lot with sustaining Incinerate.
36 Points
Getting some reduced Mana. More Mana. Liferegeneration. All Resist. Good stuff.
53 Points
Aura Nodes. Chaos Resist. Life. Reduced Mana. Last Jewel Socket.
You should get something with Fire Damage and Manaregeneration. Check out my Gear to see what Jewel I am using there.
80 Points
Becoming Stun Immune. More Manareg while we go to the Witch Skill Tree. Armour. Lifereg. All Resist.
112 Points
Build is finished around Level 91~ - If you should get up to 92 - Respecc than one Point into +1 Endurance Charge from Act III Merciless. Important: Get the Fire Damage Nodes LAST!

5. Gems
Spoiler

Incinerate Setup:
4L: Incinerate - Lesser Multiple Projectiles - Faster Projectiles - Spell Echo
Blue|Blue|Green|Green
5L: Fire Penetration
Blue|Blue|Green|Green|Red
6L: Faster Casting
Blue|Blue|Blue|Green|Green|Red

For the CWDT Setup I have no Limit. Im leveling up as high as I can (So my Endurance Charges will not be eatin up every hit)
4L: Cast When Damage Taken - Enfeeble - Immortal Call - Increased Duration
Red|Red|Red|Blue

Chaos Golem! He can tank bosses. I used him for Poorjoys and the Golemboy did a fantastic job.
4L: Summon Chaos Golem - Minion Life - Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance - Fortify
Blue|Blue|Blue|Red

Simple Aura Setup
4L: Arctic Armour - Anger - Clarity - Enlighten (Beware: Enlighten is NOT Required to run those Auras. Im just leveling it. You can put whatever you want in there)
Green|Red|Blue|Blue

Moveability!
3L: Flame Dash - Faster Casting - Less Duration
Blue|Blue|Red

Do not underrestimate Selfcast Enduring Cry!
3L: Enduring Cry - Increased Area of Effect - Increased Duration
Red|Red|Blue

6. My Gear
Spoiler

7. DPS/Resistances/Stats
Spoiler

-Offence-
Remember: Only Incinerate has Quality. I get 30% more Castspeed. 10% from Spell Echo and 10% damage from Fire Penetration. Im also currently 87. 55% more Fire Damage from the Skill Tree is coming! So my DPS can reach like 18k~.

-Defence-

I think I covered everything about the build. If you like it, let me know!
So long,
Lordanar
"Hmpf. The Omnitron Defense System... Centuries ago, those constructs were considered the dwarves greatest tactical achievement."
Last edited by Lordanar on Aug 6, 2015, 10:37:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info