Glacial Hammer build help

Yesterday I managed to score a nice deal on Cameria's Maul and I thought this was a good time as any to try my hand at making a build around that hammer + using Glacial Hammer, mainly because I fancy the idea of hitting stuff with a hammer and everything freezing.

So this is the tree I came up with:

Tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUA-d2LjEqYzGaUXMBmRUcEszLRogDr7vAf4XOnCGjy7SCaO52uj0ZX4oKbGmyboXfl7Dg26ffXMol8uzrYhXskqqyYPQ8nL2ZUFm8RDzpYBjmvp5BVlG_jakwtVcb7qsT2GjhyDxdU8wbGrnGFnwFRYK4-PC1XKfMR0eRnm4PMg19G17FCjYLkUbc-2rlT1FBHl3n-Cu8OKCrYvfJFFCCLTzWSOuFfP5tq_o-mVxo-TeN8uCku8axXDdlh0iGtjfJBz36CB3as2XzqGFHm9zK0L3dTfNkhNDs7QT-exd-ylIc=

- Considering my poor wealth, I opted to go with Resolute Technique.

- Grabbed the % block chance near the starting area, though not sure if I should keep those since I have no idea how well GH will scale in higher level maps. I considered dual wielding something else, but the lack of increased block % with weapons made me opt out of that idea, unless it's not entirely needed and survivability is still solid, even without a shield.

- Picked up some freeze chance, partially because might as well use the hammer's MF, but also because I find freeze to be a nice CC which directly makes it safer for me, and, again, I like the idea of freezing + shattering everything, so bonus points right there.

For gems I'm thinking about:

GH - Melee Splash (to be taken out on bosses) - Multistrike - FA - Fortity

Maybe replace MS for BM when fighting bosses, and if so, I'm lacking any other form of healing besides Blood Rage on a low level CWDT, the regen from the tree and pots. I guess that would be enough?

Defensive wise, I went with 2 CWDT

Low level: CWDT - Blood Rage - Immortal Call - Increased Duration

High level: CWDT - Tempest Shield - Chaos Golem - Molten Shell

Maybe drop TS if damage late game isn't up to par

So right now that's what I'm sitting on and no idea how to go from here, so I'd appreciate any help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info