[2.0] Bob's Blood Magic Summon Raging Spirit Build, all maps and mods, Atziri

Everyone has seen an SRS build, and this is of the same ilk. However, this one is specifically designed to be forgiving with a crappy computer and an even worse internet connection (damn you comcast!).

Pros:
-can do any non-unique map with any mod
-very fast clear speed with high damage srs and 2x extended vaal haste
-moderate amount of iir considering the clear speed
-quite survivable all things considered
-uses 1 unique (aurseize)
-done in league
-likely hc viable if you don't use Comcast (shakes fist)

cons:
-MUST have a 6L staff (or vagan's blood magic enchant)
-very reliant on mana regen until you have a 6L to switch to BM and have the life/regen to support (or vagan's blood magic enchant)
-must have an even amount of mana (2x 50% auras and no reduction)

Total investment:
*6L staff (once you have it alt to get +2 fire level and then make sure you enchant cast speed)
Aurseize (kind of expensive in warbands, paid 2ex equivalent)
-Jewelry is all crafted, other gear purchased for well under 1ex each, no biggy

Notable stats:
5916 armor
max elemental resists
5,148 hp
417 hp/sec regen
212% minion damage
247% iir

Here's the low down and dirty:

bandits

normal: kill all / help oak (I was eager to become viable so I killed all)
cruel: kill all
merciless: kill all

The mapping gear at level 90

Jewels, see if you can catch the pattern

flasks and pots

gems

6L = summon raging spirit + spell echo + melee physical damage + multistrike + melee splash + blood magic (empower if vagan's blood magic enchant on staff)
6s (4L + 2L) [lvl 20 CWDT + 20 summon chaos golem + immortal call + 20 molten shell] + [lvl 1 CWDT + immortal call]
4s (2L + 2L) [hatred + generosity] + [blood magic + flesh offering]
4s (3L + 1) [increased duration + vaal haste + vaal haste] + haste
4L blood magic + spell totem + faster casting + skeletons

low level variant

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABA-4IZxg8GFYc3B2-KPozhz8nSshZbVqRX5hqrHvDgseC5IqvjxqQEZM6qH24k70nvrzPMtP7-eg=

Make sure you are running Clarity and have mana regen on rings/amulet. By this point you should have very strong resists to start the game with the 3 elemental resist nodes, and have good mana regen with nodes + clarity + jewelry.

Buy a cheap
to help with low level stat requirements.

With the + duration clusters already gotten, you can already be using SRS + melee physical damage + melee splash + minion damage to have a very strong dps. In a simple 4L you can do Raise Zombie + Raise spectre + minion life + minion damage (preferably in a + minion level helm) to get a nice meat shield. Alternatively, you could use a goldrim helm and have the resists + passives and have 50 all elemental resists by the end of act 1 normal.

You will have 3x jewel slots at this point so you can already have about 45% increased minion damage or stats/resists/hp on the jewels to help if you're having more trouble there.

From here, you can follow this strategy until you're over 4k and have 6%+ regen before you transition over to the blood magic route and can use your respecs to get rid of the mana regen and into more hp/regen.

TLDR section for those who want to understand more of the strategy here

The concept is to have massive killing power with SRS while not ever relying on mana regen stacking by using a much higher scaling Blood Magic approach. The skeleton totem adds some fodder while you cast the skulls. The tree has 90% increased duration which helps the alternating sets of Immortal Call along with the alternating casts of vaal haste (which is attached to even more duration). Once you have enough souls for the first, you can pretty much perma vaal haste the rest of the map. The odd linking I did is specific and necessary to allow exactly 100% mana reserve while providing a way to explode corpses, get a golem, built in defenses etc.

*despite my poor connection, I tried Atziri 5 times today for the first time ever. I killed her 4 times out of the 5*

That is all folks. Sorry this is my first guide so deal with it :)
Last edited by successfulbob on Aug 16, 2015, 8:44:14 PM
This looks like a fun build. I like the skill combinations and the self-sufficiency of the summoning. What other mods would be helpful on the staff? + to all gems and melee gems I presume?
Last edited by Quixote77 on Aug 5, 2015, 9:15:46 PM
If I had my druthers, it would be +2 fire gems, +1 socket gems, + melee gems, cast speed, Str, resists.

Anything in there helps the skull damage or your survivability.
+ fire gems give a boost to raging spirits as well?

Edit: Read Angry's thread -- yep it does.
Last edited by Quixote77 on Aug 5, 2015, 10:18:04 PM
Use the Vagan L7 mod "socketed gems are support by L1 blood magic." Don't waste a link for it. >_<
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
That's certainly an option, but the mana cost would be very high without the lvl 20 and quality blood magic, so you might need to swap in a couple of those 2% regen jewels instead of 15% minion damage. But you could add in empower instead and go crazy :)

So, that inspired me to trade for a +3 fire staff with an open prefix.

Now, I'll start the long process of throwing 4x empower into my off staff to lvl to 3. Then see if I can corrupt one to a +1. If so by my math that's: 21 (corrupt gem) + 3 (staff) + 4 (corrupt empower + 1 from staff) = SRS lvl 28.

That would be about a 50% damage increase from my current staff. Thanks for the idea!
Last edited by successfulbob on Aug 6, 2015, 9:19:48 AM
I actually think this build has a lot of potential as a SRS variant. The reason is that you improve your sustain at the same time as improving your survivability. More life => more regen/sec. Also life regen is easy to get in the part of the tree that has life and armor. Last, life flasks are much better than mana flasks. However its DPS will be lower than a mana-sustain variant because you don't use 3 DPS auras or much aura effect. I think specializing in MF is a good idea since you won't be competing on DPS with other SRS builds anyways.

Also consider this tree. Yours is 163% life, 8.1% regen, 20% increased life recovered from flasks. This one is 180% life, 8.4% regen, 50% increased life recovered from flasks. Both are 7 jewel sockets.

Other comments (I'm just throwing all of this at you so you can pick & choose):

You need to get boots with +50dex on them, so you can avoid stating +30dex nodes in the tree.

Belly of the beast is a good option to boost flasks further.

Socketing two vaal hastes is just a waste of sockets. Use the second socket for vaal grace or vaal summon skeletons. If you're worried about vaal haste uptime just get a
or two.

Use anger instead of haste for more DPS. (Up to you if you can handle loss of move speed).

Use culling strike instead of melee physical damage (or instead of multistrike if not using Anger) for more DPS and lower mana multiplier.

Use sapping flasks instead of saturated or catalysed.

You can use shaper's seed to help with sustain.

You can't do the bloodmagic map mod because that would force you to reserve your auras on your life. I guess it's still doable if you're ok losing a bunch of DPS.

Last edited by MatrixFactor on Aug 6, 2015, 4:15:26 PM
Wow thank you for the feedback, this is fantastic! I'll take a look at your suggestions

I definitely like that tree variant, you do lose 12% cast speed, which if you also lose haste will be pretty significant.
Last edited by successfulbob on Aug 6, 2015, 5:39:30 PM
What would be the damage difference of culling strike vs melee physical? In addition, anger vs haste? It's hard to get a solid idea on the damage difference. In addition the increase of damage from culling strike is all over the place on the wiki... Does it actually lose damage as it levels beyond a certain point?
Check out the SRS info compendium.

There's a calculator there by me as well as one by Axazol. Use those to compare Haste vs Anger, MPD vs Culling vs Multistrike, and effects of cast speed / aura effect.

I also added your build to the list since I think it's interesting.

Last there's a link to petition for GGG to release the minion damage values so we can theorycraft properly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info