Faster Casting

wasted a couple of gcps on it yesterday. since i dont care about items because of the wipe. didnt do anything. you should put another 1% for eaych 2 quality pts :).
i think it isnt thaat strong, on my icespear e.g. faster casting comes behind, critical strike dmg , and added chaos dmg.
greez
martin
IGN: HansWerner
Iron Will doesn't really work like it was supposed to work - should reduce casting time yet it rises it. Ex. my freeezing pulse has casting time 0.78sec without IW and with it it's up to 0.94sec.
Morituri Nolumus Mori
Not the right thread but anyway:
Iron Will reduces cast speed not cast time.
One thing that should be taken into account is that the gem has a 1.2x Mana cost modifier + the 1.25x Speed modifier.

It strikes me as odd, that as the gem levels up the mana cost modifier increases by 1% per % of speed.

Because 1% faster casting speed generally translates into a 1% higher mana cost per second, and 1% more damage per second, i think the gem automatically moderates itself and shouldn't have a base mana cost modifier.
"
mack1510 wrote:
One thing that should be taken into account is that the gem has a 1.2x Mana cost modifier + the 1.25x Speed modifier.

It strikes me as odd, that as the gem levels up the mana cost modifier increases by 1% per % of speed.

Because 1% faster casting speed generally translates into a 1% higher mana cost per second, and 1% more damage per second, i think the gem automatically moderates itself and shouldn't have a base mana cost modifier.

1% cast speed=/=1% higher mana cost because you may have cast speed from other sources as well.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
But in either case it doesn't affect your damage per mana in any way.
Unavailable

Unavailable

Unavailable
"A tool knows exactly how it is meant to be handled, while the user of the tool can only have an approximate idea." -Milan Kundera
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Do these stack? As in, can I have two of them for even faster casts of the same main gem?
IGN: Naforce
A gem never stacks with itself.
Faster casting + portal gem does not work for me. Without the faster casting gem, it takes ~2.7 seconds for a portal appear after casting portal; when the faster casting gem is attached, the skill description does say that there is 28% faster casting (1 sec cast time to .78), but it still takes ~2.7 seconds for the portal to appear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info