Q: Lightning strike dmg calculation.

So i was wondering when the passive nodes is applied. If i take an 8% Increased physical damage with maces. Is those 8% added before and included when the "50% of Physical Damage Converted to Lightning Damage" is calculated or will it just increase the physical damage of the character without affecting the lightning damage?

Regards
Anyone? :O
Nodes that increases weapon physical damage will affect the lightning damage portion as well.

Source: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Lightning_Strike
xeroslash - One-Hand/Shield Lightning Strike Templar
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/75285
As the above poster said. Basically it goes:

- Take base dmg from weapon + other sources
- Multiply by added phys dmg from str + passives + gear
- This makes up the base for LS
- Multiply the lightning portion by any added ele dmg from passives + gems + gear
IGN Standard: HolyPatman
IGN Anarchy: UnholyPatman
Last edited by AlmightyPatman on Feb 14, 2013, 5:16:09 AM
"

- Multiply the lightning portion by any added ele dmg from passives + gems + gear

The wiki linked by the above poster states that lightning bolts don't benefit from Strength phys dmg since they're considered projectiles and strength only boosts melee phys.

So I guess there is kind of an initial, lightning infused strike (that is indeed affected by strength, and can't miss?) that then "spawns" 3 lightning bolts that aren't, and can actually miss ?

(Not trying to correct anyone or be a wiseass, trying to figure out the mechanics as i'm a fresh player)
"
Toup wrote:
"

The wiki linked by the above poster states that lightning bolts don't benefit from Strength phys dmg since they're considered projectiles and strength only boosts melee phys.

So I guess there is kind of an initial, lightning infused strike (that is indeed affected by strength, and can't miss?) that then "spawns" 3 lightning bolts that aren't, and can actually miss ?

(Not trying to correct anyone or be a wiseass, trying to figure out the mechanics as i'm a fresh player)

Correct on the Strength part - this is why Iron Grip can benefit you if you have high Strength, so that you can boost the damage of the projectiles that way.

As for accuracy, if the initial melee strike hits, then the projectiles will never miss as long as they touch an enemy. Otherwise there will be another accuracy roll for the projectiles.
xeroslash - One-Hand/Shield Lightning Strike Templar
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/75285

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info