Australian Gateway Latency Issue

The Auto-Select will select the gateway with the lowest latency when you open the client.

I can confirm for you that none of the Aussie servers are down or have moved (as I saw someone else suggest).

Please follow the instructions in this thread, and I will have a look into this for you:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1377789
There is a problem between these two Telstra routers:

"
|bundle-ether2.win-edge902.melbourne.telstra.net - 0 | 214 | 214 | 8 | 11 | 79 | 12 |
| sof1522605.lnk.telstra.net - 0 | 214 | 214 | 135 | 137 | 209 | 136 |

Your average latency jumps from 11ms to 135ms on this hop.

Unfortunately this is outside of our, and our server provider's control. I would suggest sending this info through to your ISP and ask them to escalate this to Telstra (their upstream provider in this case).
This is the second hop before SoftLayer, and outside of their control. I will ask them to see if they can do anything, but they will most-likely refer us back to a request to your ISP.

This will only affect those routed through Telstra. For example, it doesn't affect us here at the GGG offices.

Edit:
It looks like there may be something else wrong with the routing. I am expecting a response from our provider soon. I'll give you an update after I'm back from lunch.
Last edited by Fitzy_GGG on Aug 5, 2015, 8:13:48 PM
"
FullCust wrote:
100% this is a server issue rather than provider, since after the big server meltdown 2days ago this has been happening

This isn't anything to do with the Australian servers. It's purely a network issue.

I am still waiting for an update from SoftLayer. I will update this thread when I hear back.
SoftLayer have updated the return route, so it now should use the domestic route instead of the international one. This should resolve the latency problem you're experiencing.

"
It would appear that Telstra Domestic recently changed their peering/routing policy with Singtel Optus. As such we received different routes than previously (obvious by the change in latency/route). I've adjusted the route back to Singtel Optus such that it uses Telstra Domestic instead of the international Telstra.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info