[2.0] Angryweasel's Fakener [HC-Tempest Viable]

"
Alabugin wrote:
Currently running a spell crit build on Tempest (they removed thornflesh so I went HAM on a new spec). My tree doesnt differ much from this, so a switch wouldnt be too painful...except...

Is voll's devotion necessary for this to work effectively? I probably have all the gear necessary (5L Volls ive been sitting on) EXCEPT the devotion...I could buy one but it would essentially eat up all my currency on Tempest League.

yes the devotion is a huge dps gain prob not worth it without it.
"I'm afraid if I stop drinking the cumulative hangover will kill me" ~ Sterling Archer
IGN: Angryweasel / PopTheWeasel

I may post a video later to better represent what I was trying to achieve but - you should really get your hands on a Scold's and play around with a 4 link Vaal Molten shell setup. Fakener destroys trash through the highest content but depending upon map mods may struggle with single target. Bringing Vaal Molten Shell into the build makes bosses instantly disappear.

The reason it shines so much on Fakener is using Chill of Corruption in a jewel slot. You shatter everything - Vaal Molten shell is literally always up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkqBmkSvk4E
ign = god_bless_robert_e_lee
Last edited by underh on Aug 6, 2015, 3:47:51 PM
Any chance you could put together a tree for Shadow? Started a Fakener build as Shadow. Only have 1 Scion and don't want to respec it!

Thanks for any help.
"
Hartlin wrote:
Any chance you could put together a tree for Shadow? Started a Fakener build as Shadow. Only have 1 Scion and don't want to respec it!

Thanks for any help.

Not much difference tbh. instead of the Attack speed at scion you take the elemental damage at shadow that is the main difference.
"I'm afraid if I stop drinking the cumulative hangover will kill me" ~ Sterling Archer
"
Angryweasel wrote:
"
Hartlin wrote:

Thanks for any help.

Not much difference tbh. instead of the Attack speed at scion you take the elemental damage at shadow that is the main difference.

Figured as much, just thought I'd ask to make sure there weren't any major changes that would have to be made. Thanks! Gonna give this a shot.
"
underh wrote:

I may post a video later to better represent what I was trying to achieve but - you should really get your hands on a Scold's and play around with a 4 link Vaal Molten shell setup. Fakener destroys trash through the highest content but depending upon map mods may struggle with single target. Bringing Vaal Molten Shell into the build makes bosses instantly disappear.

The reason it shines so much on Fakener is using Chill of Corruption in a jewel slot. You shatter everything - Vaal Molten shell is literally always up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkqBmkSvk4E

I was thinking about that it would help on bosses for sure will test it out when I can afford it

though the extra movement speed and crit on rats is really nice aswell.
f
Last edited by OrangeTeslas on Aug 6, 2015, 4:40:08 PM
"
Do you think leveling with EK would be just as viable as duel totems as ive leveled far too many chars with totems and it feels so dull

I guess you can wont be as fast but will work.
Why do you have an Endurance Charge in the lvl 100 tree if you don't seem to use them? Also why do you have Enfeeble and Assassin's Mark when you can only apply one curse?
Hes using end charges with discharge and generates them through voll's devotion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info