Phase Run

Whaa haaa haaa ahhh ... :D

I miss you Phase Run ... oh the woes...
GGG - Why you no?
RIP

Don't test the alpha of cutthroat with Quicksilver Flasks next please!
Ign: TheMidgetCow (Level 88.8 CI Leapslam Templar --- Default)
TheMidgetCowAmbush (Level 91.7 Buzzsaw Ranger --- Ambush)
TheMidgetCowBurns (Level X LowLife RF Scion --- Ambush)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/348309/page/1 --- Legacy Guide to CI Leapslam Templar
When the spell will be available again ? I kind of miss it.
Mobs in the Shipyard making me jealous.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
"
MasterCard wrote:
Mobs in the Shipyard making me jealous.

This - I hope GGG comes up with a really nice solution for this skill and I pray to god that its still a Green gem!!

Chris!! Update us please - the wait is unbearable *QQ* haha.

Last edited by Harmster on Aug 16, 2013, 6:38:30 AM
I REALLY miss phase run, a few months back I was working on a new build which involved the skill. I hadn't realized the skill had been removed from the game until I was level 38 (I hadn't been playing for a little while, so I didn't read ALL the patch notes to catch up)

Regardless, the plan was simple... I would build an One-Handed Axe Templar, and use Shield Charge with Phase Run to deal large chunks of damage by running into the target.

So I set to work, getting my skills and continued to formulate the plan, Melee Splash to counter the single target nature of the build, and any speed buffs I could snag to ensure I would reach the target prior to them moving too much.

Sadly through my efforts I discovered the skill was no-where to be found.

It was a really Niche combo I had used before which did tremendous amounts of damage, however when I saw the addition of Melee Splash, that's when I realized it would be viable.

And sadly, on the same day. I realized my hope was impossible.

~~~~~

To be blunt. I haven't played since. Buidling a character to have a skill REMOVED is very frustrating, and not something I would have ever expected to occur to a skill given the nature of the game.

I believe ALL under-used or under-powered skills should STAY IN THE GAME if only because one day they may fit a fun niche that people can enjoy. And even if that day never comes, it's still something people can play with.
The reason Phase Run was removed is not because it was underpowered or underused.

It was used by basically every character, constantly. If you didn't have Phase Run, you were sub-optimal.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 7, 2013, 10:36:41 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
The reason Phase Run was removed is not because it was underpowered or underused.

It was used by basically every character, constantly. If you didn't have Phase Run, you were sub-optimal.

*cough* spark *cough*
IGN - Zyae
"
Ayudame wrote:
*cough* spark *cough*

*cough* Every Attack-based build, every non-Totem build, etc.

Spark is good and it's simple. However, it's not on literally every character and it is not exclusively a benefit. There are stronger builds, they are just not as brain-dead simple and safe.

Spark is nowhere near as bad as Phase Run was.
Hi

I read that Krip or player like that individual was doing massive damage with it and GGG opted to put it on the ''forge'' yet in some regards it was their own fault since GGG made it, just before removing phase run, able to be received by all classes as a quest reward, should just make a world drop only.

BRING IT BACK I am tired of wasting a slot in my belt to have a useless quicksilver flask jsut so I can keep up with other party members that spam it, hmm interesting this sounds liek we are right back where we started minus the damage part...

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info