Lightning Warp

This skill seems balanced so that the delay is equal to the amount of time it would take you to run to the target. So far I only really use to bypass cliffs and rivers, and occasionally to juke mobs trailing me by casting it far away and running the other direction. Overall a pretty insignificant skill for me.

I'd like this skill a lot more if it were a lot faster to cast, did a lot more damage, and cost a lot more mana. It would be great for a situational escape or quick damage spike, while still not being a primary damage source, at least not without a reduced mana cost skill gem.
Last edited by Strill on Jan 6, 2012, 7:18:38 PM
Also, even if you cast the spell successfully, if you're stunned while it teleports you it will fail. Worthless. Frost wall is much more reliable.
"
Strill wrote:
Also, even if you cast the spell successfully, if you're stunned while it teleports you it will fail. Worthless. Frost wall is much more reliable.
That's not true, stunning has no effect on the teleporting once the spell is cast. We think the occasional failures are due to sync issues, but they've been hard to replicate so far.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Strill wrote:
That's not true, stunning has no effect on the teleporting once the spell is cast. We think the occasional failures are due to sync issues, but they've been hard to replicate so far.
Aah well if that's the case then I've been having tons of sync issues all the time. Enemies sometimes slip past Frost Wall without me noticing as well. I'll go file a bug report with my system specs in a bit.
Last edited by Strill on Jan 9, 2012, 8:45:29 PM
Still totally against removing the delay and/or dmg. It's all about knowing how to use it. You cast it before you're completely surrounded. And don't just stop after casting, keep moving. Need to get out quick? Cast it close, so that the delay is minimal.
Last edited by Scully on Jan 29, 2012, 3:08:22 PM
I actually need to find this gem. I am working on a build with a ranger, though I bet it will work better with the dex/int class, so far I've cut right through the middle area into the int section and took the lightning damage path to the power charge on melee crit node.

My main skill is flicker strike, which I actually want to link to added lightning damage but I don't have that gem yet either. I dual wield +80% crit chance daggers and am still looking for a lot more crit chance and headed for more power charge nodes. I generate my 3 power charges pretty quickly flickering and get up to about a 41% chance to crit. Once my crit rating reaches obscene I want to be able to lightning warp, also with added lightning damage and extra chance to shock. I will of course also have some +4% aoe areas and the +3% aoe area per power charge.
I'd love to see this build considering I'm not seeing how you can grab all those within 50 levels. Wouldn't the witch just make a better edition since it is closer?

And run speed affects the teleport delay correct, and not casting speed?
Last edited by sanddemon on Jan 31, 2012, 5:18:31 PM
"
sanddemon wrote:
And run speed affects the teleport delay correct, and not casting speed?

Once the spell is cast, run speed determines how fast you will be teleported. But cast speed still works to initially cast the skill faster.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
I got lightning warp now and I thought I wouldn't be able to get far into the int area either. I'm level 25 and I have made it to the power charge on melee crit node, extra power charge and 4% aoe area per charge. I am 4 levels away from Lightning Attuned and that cluster of lightning nodes with the other power charge nodes directly above those.

I still don't have any other support gems for these skills and my gear is pretty bad but I must say I like how it plays. Between flicker strike and lightning warp I am basically always teleporting. I can flicker strike while waiting for the delay on lightning warp to finish. The warp goes off just fine and I can keep right on flickering. The lightning damage boosts I already have make lightning warp do a lot of damage.

I don't know about how well the witch would do, but I do want to try to do it better with the Int/Dex class. One path the ranger has leads straight to the center very quickly, and since that has been reworked it really only takes a few points to get into the int tree. And I have the +30 Int and +30 Dex nodes for going through the middle now.
Last edited by Quantmir on Jan 31, 2012, 7:08:08 PM
Has anyone noticed that this skill takes longer to cast the farther away you target the warp? It's not mentioned anywhere that I've seen but if you mess around with it for a minute you'll definitely notice this. Is that intended? My impression of this skill hasn't been great so far, but I do macro it to space bar for cases where I'm trapped by mobs in tight spaces. If the cast time was more like .5s I'd be a lot happier about using it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info