Immortal Call

im going to srsly ignore all the endgame balances, support linking and stuff because 1. i havent messed enough w/ it (like SirOtis seems to have) and 2. im thinking about a diferent conception for the gem (to add to it, not like a rework or so)

basically i see a huge window of opportunity for some high risk/high reward/high difficulty (?) playing style that could be added to the gem, it consists of taking advantage of that 'not-even-a-second' invulnerability to phydmg.

That imho its currently inviable because it seems rather unreliable (maybe some inconsistencies that SirOtis seems to briefly talk about up here) and because of the casting time of it + time to it acctually be active

that way i cant say if its doable or not, im just throwing some thoughts here that imho could open a range o gameplaying that hardcores players (not the league, u know what im talking about) really enjoy, some tricky-hard-to-pull-of-certain-death-epic moment, maybe

im a 50ish HC Templar going 1h+shield (taking confort on the upcoming melee balance) with resolute technique, no extra endurance charges
Last edited by dKoios on Feb 27, 2013, 6:48:21 PM
So I have only one problem with this skill. When you use up a bunch of endurance charges you get a long duration immortal call. However, if you (accidentally) cast call again right after it will overwrite your previous one, with a new one that only lasts the base duration (.2 seconds). This effectively canceling the usefulness of your first cast of the skill. I see no reason why this should be the case -- If you cast this skill again with the call buff already you should keep your original buff or be given a new one, whichever one would last longer.
@Moylin (Beyond)
Last edited by Avelice on Mar 7, 2013, 5:33:42 PM
I thought IC was OP, but it is not because it will really only work when u spend over 20 points passives , get 20% QL IC and ID and even then its still only physical and at the expense of endurance charges which take forever to build up with long cast times. It is barely ok wiht QL gems and complete useless garbage without them
IGN Nordes
its quite true, this skill is rather useless without enough quality and upgrades and skill passives to make it last long enough. instead, why not make immortal cry also dispel or have a chance to dispel negative status effects like curses, puncture, freezing, chilled, shocked, and burning, with the chance of dispelling commensurate to the amount of endurance charges one has. it will have more utility at low quality without having to take other passives to gear towards it.
i can see how this skill could potentially save your life in an all physical reflect map.

its yet again such a situational gem like artic armor is
Last edited by agbudar on Apr 23, 2013, 7:20:18 PM
You can face tank kole or brutus with this skill while your team tries to kill him. (ofc quality gems are needed and more than 1 eduring cry). Gotta spamm that enduring cry/ic combo.
Could be interesting to try this on a build with lots of increased cast speed.

Also, Immortal Call is about the only thing that makes Abyssus a remotely sensible item to wear (for non-Facebreaker builds, anyway).
"
dark_madmax wrote:
I thought IC was OP, but it is not because it will really only work when u spend over 20 points passives , get 20% QL IC and ID and even then its still only physical and at the expense of endurance charges which take forever to build up with long cast times. It is barely ok wiht QL gems and complete useless garbage without them

Immortal call does not need much investment. All I needed to get it to 12+ seconds is a q20-IC-gem, 3 endurance-charge-passives, endurance charge from oak and 3 buff-duration-passives. I have a q20-IC lvl16 linked to 0q-inc. Duration lvl18:

t = (0,25s+7*0,75s)*(100+45(passives)+81(inc.Dur))/100= 12,3s

This is even a bit longer than the duration on my endurance charges. I use IC in tree ways:

-making me immune to physical thorns
-making me immune/durable in large groups
-increase the duration timer of enduring cry by casting it before charges run out of time

To achieve this I cast it once before hugging a group of about 5+ mobs, directly followed by enduring cry to resupply my charges. After ~6 s, I cast enduring cry again.

This skill may be a key to melee survivability, because ranged usually does not have access to many endurance charges.
hmm maybe its a dumb question but shouldnt the addiditve value be 0,2 sec /base of immortal call )

this is what i calculated for my char

(0,2+4*0,70)*(100+82)/100 =5,46 which is exactly what my tooltip says

playing around with it in the calculater showed that buff duration passives are a waste later

at 5 endurance it jumps to 8 something
at 6 to 10,5 tested with 20% 20 gems 10,5 is alot of time 2 x the duration of a granite
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Jul 11, 2013, 5:37:37 AM
You are right, base duration is 0,2 instead of 0,25. But this is a flat modifier that does not make a big difference.

About skill-duration passives: I strongly recommend them. The bonus is huge and not only applied to Immortal call. Curses profit as well as Viper Strike duration. In addition, you dont always have 7 charges up.

getting a big timer is also a matter of efficiency. After immortal call, I usually cast Enduring cry, Temporal Chains and Vulnerability. This takes about 1,5-2 seconds. And having 10 seconds after that to hammer away is just comfortable.

I am doing 73-maps solo as a GS-melee with a life total of 2,4k. A lot of people say having that low amount is just crazy/unplayable and you need at least 4k life. But my effective hp is a LOT better than this value - thanks to stun, dual curse, overcapped resists, reduction, Blind totem and last but not least a decent immortal call.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info