Advice on build- NutterButter

Hey Experts and build junkies. Has this concept already been tried and done? I'm on my first character, self discovery level 55 (level 70 3khp/10kdps with incinerate fire totem). I'm using fire skills and totems as a support character of sorts, with armor/shield. Firestorm(incinerate now)/meteor strike/ice golem for exploring and leveling quickly mode. I run clarity/ rejuv totem/rally cry in support mode. (Now running herald of ash/cold armor buffs with enough mana leech to icinerate/curse/single totem)

I do get one shotted on bosses in merciless- and I'm just now to Act 4. This guy is fun to play, so before I commit to a reroll- Can I reasonbly be an effective party player at level 85 if I just keep dumping points in Life/Totem/Shield/Fire? Edit- ditched the wishing to heal mindset- just put more points to life/armor/fire damage for incinterate

Gear= armor, not much energy shield, 1h/shield, no Magic Find gear

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUAA3UEswmqEmkWbxccGF0YZRo4GmwdFB8YJKonLzbYNuk6WDwFQ8hG10kbTwRR-1WpVcZXKVh3WfNboF8EY_1mVGhYaPJqAXFNcXlxhXIPcql2rHrmfA6Cm4PbhXuJ2IuMjmSPRpBVkSuUb5e0mjuboZ2unz6iAKcIp1WsmKyqrY2t8a-NsUK2-sBmwJrNFs9-1abXltn82rna3eFz42rkIuoY7DjtIO0873zwH_Fs8xH3Mvem99f53Q==

Thanks in advance for thoughts replies.
Last edited by Gharsc on Aug 5, 2015, 10:32:31 PM
You should perhapse start reading what Gems do and not just slap them together without any thought.

Hint: Added Fire does not work on the things you linked it too, Lifegain on hit works only for attacks, conc effect does nothing on Fire Golem or Arctic Armour.

Also, try to get a Focus.

You are all over the place with your skills, decide for melee or caster, then dump all gems that dont fit in.

Get one Mainskill and focus your tree, gear and other Gems to support that skill.

Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Thanks for the advice. I made many changes yesterday and some vets hooked me up in game with gear/gem advice- and I went from a gimped toon to something that is survivable. I had to ditch the whole "I'm gonna play a healer/buffer" philosophy. I spent about 10 regret points and did away with the wasted shield tree allocations. They got me off of firestorm and on incinerate.

Last edited by Gharsc on Aug 2, 2015, 9:41:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info