[Windows 10] Failed to initialise.

Hello,

i have a similar problem but result's the same.... POE won't start - old or fresh system install does not care...

POE nonsteam client
Win 10
Nvidia Gtx 960, Realtek Dolby Audio
All drivers/system up to date

Thj posted link here is dead for me, Admin does not work, fontmap i haven't found, logs all empty

As example only: 2016/07/21 08:57:13 ***** LOG FILE OPENING *****
nothing else

Is there another solution or workaround?
Last edited by Ryoumu on Jul 21, 2016, 3:10:02 AM
"
cccccc wrote:
I dont know if anybody will help this. i had today also an issue with failed to initialise. have windows 10 and access through steam. i point out what happenend today.
i fail started dark souls on steam and because i wanted to skip intro to close it. i closed it with task manager. after that, when i tried to open poe through steam i get the error failed to initialise.
i tried everything change language, changed firewall, updated windows and graphix and reinstalled the game. nothing helped.
then i started dark souls again and closed it properly. dont know the right word, i closed it through the ingame close game button. after that path exile just worked fine again.
i think maybe for people, which did not find help it could be a steam issue. that you did not close another game properly (through task manager or dissconect or just crash down). maybe if you dont know which game it was, a new installation of steam would help. but im not sure, in my case it helped to close the other game properly.
sorry for may bad english, but if anybody get help through this, im glad.

cya around hf and gl.

perfect! you made my day. same problem same solution!
"
cccccc wrote:
I dont know if anybody will help this. i had today also an issue with failed to initialise. have windows 10 and access through steam. i point out what happenend today.
i fail started dark souls on steam and because i wanted to skip intro to close it. i closed it with task manager. after that, when i tried to open poe through steam i get the error failed to initialise.
i tried everything change language, changed firewall, updated windows and graphix and reinstalled the game. nothing helped.
then i started dark souls again and closed it properly. dont know the right word, i closed it through the ingame close game button. after that path exile just worked fine again.
i think maybe for people, which did not find help it could be a steam issue. that you did not close another game properly (through task manager or dissconect or just crash down). maybe if you dont know which game it was, a new installation of steam would help. but im not sure, in my case it helped to close the other game properly.
sorry for may bad english, but if anybody get help through this, im glad.
cya around hf and gl.

Thanks ! It worked for me as well. I've been searching for a solution for several months now. I'll post this in the thread I made as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info