''Why arent they moving?'' cold snap permafreezer [HC 2.X]

"
l2ap wrote:
What would be your 6th link?

"
eMbbuZomg wrote:
Links
5 Link cold snap in +3 gems Cold snap - Cold penetration - Added cold damage - iron will - concentrated effect (6th link would be empower or hypothermia, tested in standard, both iron will and added cold damage are simply better over lvl 2 empower, lvl 3 empower is ~equal to added cold and lvl 4 empower is superior to added cold, with my strenght iron will is superior to compared to lvl 4 empower @570+str)

empower for solo play (lvl 3 or 4), hypothermia for party play since you wont be oneshotting the mobs so ramping up the damage will be better
pvp loooooooool
Last edited by eMbbuZomg on Aug 1, 2015, 12:34:58 PM
updated video with prolif
pvp loooooooool
looks neat,nice "6-l" staff bro ;p
Seems really nice. You can squeeze some extra freeze duration from using Catarina to benchcraft freeze duration suffix (it's on the body armor for some reason).

Consider getting Ice Bite + Herald of Ice, since you're chilling/freezing 90% of the time for the frenzy buff and auto-cursing if you vaal boots like these to make a pseudo-5l allowing your chest to be used for something else.
blood dance for extra regen

Should work better than Asenath's Touch with the 0q innate curse on hit - although a regular 20/20 is nicer for things that can't be frozen.

Shock also helps greatly - try using Vaal Lightning Trap now that it has 100% pierce? Could also get one of those overpriced Vaal soul on shatter jewels and supplement the clear speed with some Vaal Ice Nova/Cold Snap that can potentially self-sustain.
Last edited by Schaller on Aug 1, 2015, 10:37:48 PM
Have you experimented much with running the setup with mana instead of BM?

Interested in the build, but not sure if I'll be able to find a +3 cold with cast speed and an open prefix to master craft without some decent luck on poe.trade.
can this do all maps? 78+?
"
Schaller wrote:
Seems really nice. You can squeeze some extra freeze duration from using Catarina to benchcraft freeze duration suffix (it's on the body armor for some reason).

Consider getting Ice Bite + Herald of Ice, since you're chilling/freezing 90% of the time for the frenzy buff and auto-cursing if you vaal boots like these to make a pseudo-5l allowing your chest to be used for something else.
blood dance for extra regen

Should work better than Asenath's Touch with the 0q innate curse on hit - although a regular 20/20 is nicer for things that can't be frozen.

Shock also helps greatly - try using Vaal Lightning Trap now that it has 100% pierce? Could also get one of those overpriced Vaal soul on shatter jewels and supplement the clear speed with some Vaal Ice Nova/Cold Snap that can potentially self-sustain.

Yea, definetly use ice bite before reserving 100% of your mana. Any vaal skill is fine, i mostly played ''support'' paired with vaal discipline for our group. Auto cursing sucks since you cant reliably use it on bosses where its only truly needed.

"
Cataract wrote:
Have you experimented much with running the setup with mana instead of BM?

Interested in the build, but not sure if I'll be able to find a +3 cold with cast speed and an open prefix to master craft without some decent luck on poe.trade.

I havent played it mana based in a long time, not sure how that would work now, maybe later.

"
Zaccie wrote:
can this do all maps? 78+?

Character lvl 82, done upto 79 maps with that setup ^^ Cannot really do immune to curse map mod reliably since you lose the ability to dual curse boss wich is needed for perma freeze
pvp loooooooool
Could you be more specific when saying "prolif build"? Would like to know the gear and link setup for that one.

In addition, would like to know the best auras for solo play, if possible, as I won't play as a support.
Last edited by uit on Aug 2, 2015, 6:44:52 AM
"
uit wrote:
Could you be more specific when saying "prolif build"? Would like to know the gear and link setup for that one.

In addition, would like to know the best auras for solo play, if possible, as I won't play as a support.

herald of ice and haste are my personal go to auras + herald of thunder or aa depending on your own preference, there are no ''best'' auras, depends if your lacking dmg or defences.

The prolif version is for purely supporting a group ^^
pvp loooooooool
Last edited by eMbbuZomg on Aug 2, 2015, 8:43:49 AM
What do you think about Southbound Soldier Gloves?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info