Detonate Dead

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.4 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Jun 21, 2023, 9:20:13 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
The damage of this skill is not counted as spell damage and as such is not affected by spell damage increases.
Elemental/Fire/Physical damage increases affect the relevant parts of damage as always.
I can't seem to find a justifiable reason to use this skill on my ranger or witch, the mana cost seems too high for my dex/bow lvl 10-20 ranger, and the damage seems too low for my lvl 10-20 int/aoe/frost witch. The cast time also feels a bit awkward, considering I can just use a different aoe instead for the same result.

Have not yet tried it on higher level characters or different builds.
Last edited by Roros on Dec 8, 2011, 6:20:33 AM
"
Roros wrote:
I can't seem to find a justifiable reason to use this skill on my ranger or witch, the mana cost seems too high for my dex/bow lvl 10-20 ranger, and the damage seems too low for my lvl 10-20 int/aoe/frost witch. The cast time also feels a bit awkward, considering I can just use a different aoe instead for the same result.

Have not yet tried it on higher level characters or different builds.

It's great with pure summoners.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Unless synergized, it's a fall back spell to help you clear out enemies that your regular spells would be unable.

If you boost it, it will reach absurd amounts of damage. It is much harder to find +fire damage than +spell damage; and a lot of the crit was removed from equipment, but I still think it's feasible to reach 300-400% HP explosions if you spec for it.
The mana cost on this gem raises like crazy, but from what I can see, only the physical damage increases per level. Is there a reason beyond the phys damage to why I should level the skill now that it's optional?
Last edited by Squidgyxombie on Dec 9, 2011, 12:39:12 AM
Well, one good reason is the lulz of one shotting yourself on physical reflect auras.
I don't see this skill becoming useful until merciless+ as that is when character damage - to - monster life ratio starts to go in the shitter.
I've tried this on a couple of different characters (templar and witch) and I found myself not using it as I didn't find it fast enough for the situations in which it would do the most good. I think it needs a buff of some kind to make it comparable in usefulness to other spells.

I want to use it because I like blowing things up :(
The only way this skill will reach such level of usefullness is to have it scale nicely. as it is it will always take 4/5 casts to kill mobs caught in the explosion, while i could use any other AOE, which doesnt need a corpse, and kill them in 2/3

having it near like 50% of corpse hp, but include a cap of some kind so 1 blue mob wont clear a screen of whites.. might be best

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info