Cold Snap

I find this useful when you need an instant stun/ maybe freeze.

I was using it with freeze mine, flicker strike, whirling blades, and etherial knives. I found it to be a rather useful utility spell for when I didn't have time to place my mines.
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
Weird, ive never seen one char use this skill successfully, maybe a buff should make it more popular
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
"
VictorDoom wrote:
Weird, ive never seen one char use this skill successfully, maybe a buff should make it more popular

I LOVE COLD SNAP!

i use it like that:
EDIT -> circlet got wiped...
it was Cold Snap + AoE + 20% Elemental proliferation (+10% freeze duration) + 20% Added Cold Damage (+10% freeze chance)

with my passives it has a 55% chance to freeze plus the chance to crit/freeze
with aoe and proliferation it freezes almost everything on the screen and ever additional mob that comes near. It also does a decent amount of damage and killes hole groups when criting. I use it mostly to freeze all mobs in a room befor I enter it or if i get overrun and surrounded xD
also good to freeze rare mobs or necros when they stand behinde other mobs.

but please feel free to give it a buff ;)
<3ggg
Last edited by moomaaru on Feb 26, 2013, 8:16:59 PM
Oh lol

never saw the "the coldown can be bypassed by expending a power charge" part
untill today after I we succeeded yesterday to fuse this
Unavailable

edit:
It's f**king awesome I must tell you!
They love each other *_*

EDIT:
there was a voll's protector linked to this post, but it got wiped
so yeah...
<3ggg
Last edited by moomaaru on Feb 26, 2013, 8:13:16 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
moomaaru wrote:
Oh lol

never saw the "the coldown can be bypassed by expending a power charge" part
untill today after I we succeeded yesterday to fuse this
Unavailable

edit:
It's f**king awesome I must tell you!
They love each other *_*

Yeah, just use ice spear instead of cold snap :)
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I use both... can't you see the gems in my chest^^?

EDIT:
ice spear was in the sockets of the voll's protector ;)
<3ggg
Last edited by moomaaru on Feb 26, 2013, 8:19:22 PM
With Breath of Rime and Taryn's Shiver, this ought to be a pretty lethal combination.
Needs Frostbite though.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
While this skill is "must have" in pvp, in pve it needs to be distinguished from Ice Spear which is more powerful because it can be forked, chained and multiplied. And has higher damage and (in second form) crit chance.
Hateful post.
"
Kaskar wrote:
While this skill is "must have" in pvp, in pve it needs to be distinguished from Ice Spear which is more powerful because it can be forked, chained and multiplied.

But it doesn't benefit from anything that benefits AoE skills, Conc Effect most notably. 50% More Damage (+1% per level, too) is a whole lot of damage. Additionally, it doesn't need to Fork, Chain or LMP to hit multiple targets at range, and it cannot be sidestepped.

I don't see how a point-target AoE and a line-damage-turned-single-target skill are indistinguished.
(Crit Chance on Ice Spear is higher in either form btw :P )
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 5, 2013, 4:23:05 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
bingobill wrote:
If it didnt require line of sight it would be potentially useful in some situations.
If it didn't require line of sight it would be completely and utterly broken, and allow you to kill things with no chance of being hurt yourself.

Cold Snap is primarily intended for utility of chilling and freezing, not for damage.

ice spear?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info