Help with Chaos & Fire damage game mecanics

So I have an incinerator character in Warbands.

Until recently I used a 6-link with this setup:
Incinerate - Spell echo - Faster casting - LMP - Faster projectiles - Fire penetration

It worked great but i found myself dying a lot to reflect.
So i got myself this dagger to fix the reflect problem:

As you see it converts 75% of my firedamage to chaos damage.

Now to my cuestion, I switched my Fire penetration gem to a Iron Will gem as i think it now no longer work as i do almost only chaos damage.

But my firedamage nodes in the passive tree works, right?
Can i use chaos damage nodes also in the passive tree?
I was planning to use a fire doriannys belt for some fire damage life leech but this i guess i cant do anymore, or?
Same with crafting some firedamage leech on gear?
Is there any way of penetrating chaos resists, similar to my fire penetration gem?
I cant use flamability curse anymore and Elemental weakness curse dont work with chaos damage, right?

My tooltip damage is higher now but i find certain bosses harder to kill, for example Piety in the Temple map.
Does she have high chaos resists?

The game mechanic when i have almost 100% fire damage and convert it to chaos damage with the consuming dark dagger, its not clear to me how it works and what works and what doesnt work after the conversion.

Anyone good with game mechanics can explain a little bit around this?

Thanks,
Mateo
"
Mateo_swe wrote:
Now to my cuestion, I switched my Fire penetration gem to a Iron Will gem as i think it now no longer work as i do almost only chaos damage.

But my firedamage nodes in the passive tree works, right?
Can i use chaos damage nodes also in the passive tree?
I was planning to use a fire doriannys belt for some fire damage life leech but this i guess i cant do anymore, or?
Same with crafting some firedamage leech on gear?
Is there any way of penetrating chaos resists, similar to my fire penetration gem?
I cant use flamability curse anymore and Elemental weakness curse dont work with chaos damage, right?

Correct, FPen only applies to Fire Damage Dealt.

1. Correct. Converted Damage benefits from modifiers to the source-type.
2. Yes. However, they will only apply to the Chaos Damage, naturally.
3. Leech from Fire Damage will be mostly useless.
4. There is no way to reduce enemy Chaos Resists, neither with a Curse or a Pen gem.
5. You can still use Flamm but it'll only affect your remaining Fire Damage :P

Temple Piety apparently has 45% Elemental Resists and 22% Chaos Resist. Due to Fire Pen alone, her Fire Resist will be lower than Chaos, and Resist Curses further push the difference.
Right, fire penetration and elemental leech won't be a premium option, they will work only for unconverted part of your damage. Same for elemental curses or anything else that works on fire damage you deal.

However, you can still use fire damage bonuses to full effect and also chaos ones which will apply only to the part converted to chaos.

There is no chaos penetration anywhere, but enemies have less chaos resistance on average and it's never capped

Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Thank you

Well i used the flamability curse ontop of my fire penetration so i guess thats why she is little harder now.

I now use an Atziris flask

This gives me 2% chaos damage life leech.
But otherwise i have no lifeleech.
Maybee i can use a jewel or curse.
I know warlords mark works for leeching life and mana.
Im currently exploring the poachers curse if it is better, it gives frenzy charges also.
Last edited by Mateo_swe on Jul 31, 2015, 6:31:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info