[2.0] MF Trolljölnir Cyclone, Dual curse/wield. (warbands)

NOTE:
Spoiler
The build can start of relatively cheap and end up extremely expensive.

The way I started this build was just leveling as a 2hander cycloner or use any decent weapon if the league is new. The transsion to dual wield mace was at level 70. At that time i've found enough currency to trade for a Tabula Rasa and use it as cheap 6link. Level 70 is also the time you can use Cameria's Maul and start a bit towards magic find.

You can watch a small build overview on this video.

NOTE:
Spoiler
you have to start a shop to generate income from the items you've found. (acquisition is your friend, what is a acquisition? Niffler explains it perfectly in 3 min ), but this is essential if you want to fine tune your character and gear.

GEAR (current)
Spoiler

character JewJewel

PASSIVE TREE (current)

VIDEOS (build overview & gameplay)

DPS (current)
Spoiler

for the tooltip dps warriors out there:

TLDR;
Spoiler

PROS:
Spoiler

- elder friendly due to lots freeze % and auto curse temp. chains, fight at your own pace.

- Cast on Damage setup realy nice with this build (enemies becomes freezed and dual cursed)

- you can pick your fights (can choose to do only bossruns for magic find without risk, run low level maps only for magic/rare/boss in 2-3 min)

- lots of options to upgrade gear.

- build OWNS exiles or any low-medium life monster/ content

- lots of jewel slots

- due the nature of mf builds and the income it can generate, the build has lots of potential to perfect your gear

CONS:
Spoiler

- have to start a shop to make a income, perfecting gear/ jewels can be expensive.

- only time you have to play smart is against highlife hardhitting bosses
(you'll have to be a bit carefull if you dont have good main weapon, because the freeze duration will be shorter. The ice trail of artic armour and auto- onhit curse temp. chains still makes any fight more manageable.)

- to be effective you need some good rolled jewels and good gear to shine in 75+ maps

- always lack of wisdom scrolls

QUESTIONS
Spoiler

What is your dps like?
tooltip is 11.7K but actual dps is higher due to some gems that dont affect your tooltip like hyperthermia

How about resistances?
30 overcapped on all resists, except chaos resist.
The % resist totally depends on the quality of your gear.

How far in the game have you gone with this build?
78 maps havent found higher maps atm

How does it fair in group play? (I would think boss freezing would be difficult)
Base freeze duration is calculated before party scaling

What bandit choices did you go with?
Killed them all(mhoahahaha...)
you can choose too help Oak in act1 for 40 life or help Kraityn in act 3 for an extra frenzy charge if you go blood rage or ice bite.

Can you break down the tree and show how to level with this build? (Is it leveling friendly? self found friendly? What abilities do you use and when do we make the switch to cyclone? What about life gain on hit? Mana problems? (I see blood magic being use, but I can not remember how early that gem can be used))
You can use cyclone in 4link manabased or 5+link with blood magic early on, later use blood magic and reserve al your mana for, hatred + herald of ice + artic armor.

artic armour + cyclone huh????

it's for the ice trail that chills. when enemies are chilled hypothermia gives always the more dmg multiplyer, and temp chained monsters that are chilled on the trail just stand still

Is the build still viable without the uniques that dual curse? (is single curse on hit ok?)
yes still very viable, but if you can find a corrupted asenath's gloves with elemental weakness its just really good (faster clear speed), if you go single curse you (temp. chains gloves) can wear other boots for more survivability or magic find

How is the survivability in end game? It looks good in the video.
The survivability is great when you have good gear.

Last edited by antonowitch on Aug 1, 2015, 4:51:27 PM
Hello Anton! Thank you for sharing this build. Having to watch videos was not easy for me since my hearing is not the best but I think I understood most of it. I do have some questions.

What is your dps like?
How about resistances?
How far in the game have you gone with this build?
How does it fair in group play? (I would think boss freezing would be difficult)
What bandit choices did you go with?
Can you break down the tree and show how to level with this build? (Is it leveling friendly? self found friendly? What abilities do you use and when do we make the switch to cyclone? What about life gain on hit? Mana problems? (I see blood magic being use, but I can not remember how early that gem can be used))
Is the build still viable without the uniques that dual curse? (is single curse on hit ok?)
How is the survivability in end game? It looks good in the video.

I am new to the game and the tree is still something I do not completely understand. Can someone with much more experience please make some comments on this build? Thank you.
Achievement hunter!
Very interested in this, do i need any uniques to make this work? Will this be a cheap build to make it work?
Hey! If i'm going to make a more extensive build guide, it's going to be a bit more work.
Ill see if i can make some time free, to do that.
Cheers
"
antonowitch wrote:
Hey! If i'm going to make a more extensive build guide, it's going to be a bit more work.
Ill see if i can make some time free, to do that.
Cheers

Awesome. :) I look forward to reading it when you have the opportunity to do it.
Achievement hunter!
updated
Thank you for the update :) Sorry it took me so long to reply!

So you went dual wield at 70 huh? Interesting. Because you waited so long, does that mean we should work towards the dualist area last? Could you break down the passive tree to see what directions to go first please?

I am so scared of blood magic. When did you start using those gems and how much health do you recommend before using them? How is your life gain on hit? I see a lot of passive regen from passives.

I'm going to start saving up gear. I have the Cameria and tabula already, just need to pick up some other items to help me along the way so I can see how MF heavy I can build her :D. I'm also going to be brave and try dual cameria just to see how that works out. I'll probably have the same problem as you did, but I still want to try it out of curiosity.
Achievement hunter!
The more I read this and the more I play it as well (currently 69), the more I feel this build is trolling me anyway. Compared to my 2H cyclone, the dps is vastly unimpressive and your gem setup doesn't call for much in form of defenses, no Fortify on cyclone, no enduring cry or immortal call with cwdt. Trying to figure out late game how you take a hit to trigger your CWDT setups and not die all the time.
Hi man, good for trying this build, you cant really judge this build on a too low level, sure you can go two hander and spec more life, but thats not the intension of this build. Its a fast clearing melee magic finder.
Once you have good jewels/ gear and have enough points on passives (around lvl80-85) the build is pretty safe and can easily run high level content. if your survivability/ dps lacks, you can always spec later on in dual wield, good luck :)

The idea is with the items you generate via mf -> which translates to currency, you can upgrade your gear for better survivability/ mf/ dps (especially the combination of all 3 on a item can be expensive)

Spoiler

tooltip dps is atm 14k, cold pen and hypothermia doesnt affect your tooltip dps but its butt load of extra damage.
Last edited by antonowitch on Aug 15, 2015, 11:04:37 AM
Even at level 73, maps are slow and my dps is still extremely low. Yes, the cold pen and hypothermia do not show up for dps. The problem I am running into, and I like the concept of this build, is that taking two hits is rough and I am not generating enough cold damage leech to keep up. I watched your video and you regen as fast as my 2H build. I am trying to figure out how you managed to survive levels 70-88 (where your tree ends) with so low leeching.

My Current Gear

I don't have the double curse on gloves atm so I swapped out one of the CWDT abilities since it wasn't doing a whole lot outside of bosses and warbands. I put frostbite in its place for more penetration and chance to freeze.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info