Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Windows 10

Windows 10's default security and privacy policies makes me raise a couple of eye brows.
Halloween just isn't complete without pumpkin spiced pumpkin.
Last edited by RobbieL_GGG on Jul 30, 2015, 9:46:47 PM
"
"
RobbieL_GGG wrote:
Windows 10's default security and privacy policies makes me raise a couple of eye brows.

Spoiler

Yea like that. But more of them.
"
Eleziel wrote:

hopefully we get an alternative to run with DX12 though.

I doubt Microsoft will backport DX12 anytime soon like they did with Vista and DX11.

I'm more than happy to be wrong about that though.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Short reminder that Windows 10 is Skynet: http://i.imgur.com/j7lFJgI.jpg

Lots of this stuff isn't in the OS anymore. I think this must have been created from an early build.
I was wondering why my TortoiseSVN folder overlay icons weren't showing up after upgrading to Windows 10. After some digging, I discovered that Windows 10 can only handle 15 such icons at any one time.

If you aren't familiar, the icons I'm talking about are the little tick icons that appear on synced folders when you use programs like Dropbox or Google Drive.

This means there's a hard limit on the number of these kinds of programs you can use before the icons fail to display and you don't know what states any of your files are in.

OneDrive (formerly Skydrive) is such a program, and it not only comes bundled with Windows 10, but it cannot be uninstalled from Windows 10 without jumping through some absurd hoops.

So about half a dozen of these folder overlay slots taken from near the start of the list that are used up, even if you never use OneDrive, and it can prevent icons from your other programs from showing up.

In order to get around this limit, you need to go into the registry and manually rename all the icons to appear before the OneDrive icons.

As best I can tell there's no way to get around this without using regedit.

Other than that it's been mostly good so far.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info