Would like some advice/help on bettering my Southpaw Reaver at this point in the game

So I am following Ziggy D's guide and have been enjoying so far. I clear through maps at insane speeds but when I reach the boss, it seems just one auto attack will one shot me. I'll link my gear and skill tree atm and would enjoy some feedback on what I should change or aim for going forward. Thanks in advance!

My current HP is really low but I am resist capped. I was being one shot at 3.3k hp so I switched to a hyrri's ire over
in hopes that I would dodge the damage instead. Still running carnage heart because I haven't been able to find a better ammy with leech atm. Thanks again guys!

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAAYAXgIRAycDhwSxBS0FtQguDY0R1RX2Fr8ZjhutI_YknSaVKgswcTB8MbA6QjqzPs9DMUTSR35KfUt4TGBM_02STipRR1VLVYVXl1oaW69gQWHiYlpieWNwZU1tbHBSdO167311hNmHdow2jX2Nv5Vmm42jiqPnpcumf7GztUi9Nr3mvqfBScMzyNzL9c3q037UI9RS2sHcvd2o45_nD-d06NbtQe2D7g7v4_Pq_MX-Hf66?accountName=latterus14&characterName=Slut_muffin_

Not surprised at the 1-shots, you're wearing an Abysuss - the key feature of which is that you are taking 46% increased physical damage. This means your capped resists aren't helping.

To up your survivability you'll need to either pump your evasion/dodge up to the point where you NEVER get hit, or invest in some physical damage mitigation or a much larger HP pool.

In reality though, the quickest thing to do would be to either get rid of the Abysuss (lose lots of damage), or get a Lightning Coil and overcap your lightning resists.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Jul 30, 2015, 7:12:21 PM
Abyssus is a key unique for the build, but you've got to (over)compensate for it. Life rolls on everything, and you need to pick up the Blooddrinker notable cluster as soon as you can. Carnage Heart has a terrible downside for this build with the percentage reduction in max life - ditch it for almost anything else.

As nait2k4 already mentioned, Lightning Coil is pretty central to the build due to the physical mitigation. You can also try running a granite if you're not feeling too much flask pressure.

Outside of gear, Whirling Blades is pretty amazing for positioning during boss fights, but sometimes it's too fast, and you go where you don't want in the heat of battle (I sometimes double-pump it by mistake, usually with bad results). I had to practice this build a while on dumb white mobs before I got all the mechanics down - there's a lot to keep track of in order to play it well, both pre-engagement and during the battle.

Good luck!
Last edited by Tao_Jones on Jul 30, 2015, 7:48:21 PM
abyssus nearly double dps & physical damage received

as eva build, physical will rekt u (spell physical too)

as reaver full dps softcore 3-4k hp 1k armor build , don't expect survive to 75map+ physical hit

Tao_Jones said all

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info