[2.0]FIRE TRAP+FLAME SURGE,REALLY?18K+DPS AND YOU CAN AFK.(5 END CHARGES+205% LIFE+350% ARMOR)can RF

updated 08/04/2015 - lvl 82 atm, hardest content: lag.
Guide will receive a HUGE update when I get lvl 90. dps tooltip atm: 15,6k Flame surge, 2k Fire trap. Flame Surge in a 5l, Fire trap in a 4l.

Doing lvl 68-69 maps EASY with the same gear that I've posted here, just changed my scepter + shield for a Searing Touch Staff, wich is going to be my final weapon in this tree, just seem legit because I'm still kinda tanky and my damage is just ridiculous now. actually 14,5K dps tooltipe with flame surge, but now I'm using fire pen + iron will, so we know the damage is really higher than the tooltip with all boosts from mechanics, ignite from traps and all those stuffs.
I really can't push hard into maps because my connection suck, but all I can say is that the build is doing fine, I played with some friends in a 3 man party and I just did dunes boss solo in a 29% life map, zero problems since this is one of the hardest bosses to facetank now due to chaos damage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROOF THIS BUILD IS TANKY (I did all bosses till act3 marciless, actually farming docks and doing all corrputed areas that spawn there, the boss is a joke to us, to reflect use a ruby flask to spam flame surge or just kill everything with fire trap, easy, all other mods don't do nothing.)

-QUICK EXPLANATION

Spoiler
So guys, I've did this build to have some fun and progress slowly, just to be different. Well, take a look. This build is super cheap and the fire trap + ele prolif still doing work guys, believe, nothing like it was before, but still pretty good for solo farm, while in groups, just fire trap+flame surge on rares/blues/bosses.

This build is fast paced too, I have like, 4,2 casts per seccond WITHOUT vaal haste, I will be updating the guide soon with vaal haste + atziri's promisse, as a self found build, yes, I will kill atziri when I get around lvl 80-85.

Made to be incredible cheap.

-ABOUT RF

Spoiler
This build is made to be cheap, you can go to high level maps with this build, you don't really need to run RF in this build and I do not recommend trying this if you don't have the currency to get the best armor that you can, just don't think that RF will change your life with this build because it really don't. This build is made to deal enormous damage to things that you can tank and to kill everything with fire trap when you feel like you shoudn't tank something.

PROS (till lvl 85)

Spoiler
-FAST PACED
-DIFFERENT PLAYSTYLE NO BOREDOM
-GOOD AOE AND AWESOME SINGLE TARGET
-YOU ARE A MARAUDER
-CAN RUN GOOD AURAS AND CHANGE THEM FOR DIFFERENT MAPS
-MOBS MODS ARE JUST JOKES
-CAN DO ATZIRI
-SOLO NORMAL-MERCILESS

CONS (till lvl 85)

Spoiler
-YOU NEED TO LINK BLOODMAGIC IN EVERY SINGLE THING
-SOMETIMES YOU WILL UNDERESTIMATE YOUR OPPONENTS
-FEELS SLOWLY CLEAR AT THE START
-TRAP MECHANICS CAN BE A PROBLEM
-DEXTERITY NEEDED, KINDA HARD

GEAR? ARMOR META BOYZ.

Spoiler
ACTUAL GEAR, UPDATING TILL I RIP, I've payed like, 5 chaos for all my gear, just using chaos that I've dropped, so, I consider this self found build. You drop the currency, you waste the currency, it's nothing wrong with it.
update: I'm level 71 with my lvl 45-50 gear.

Well, this build is rekt proof against dsync, if you have a better connection than me, you can stack more damage, go staff crit or something like that. I'm planning to do that when I get the gear.

Why I play so tanky:

Spoiler

Photos of my stats. (lvl 71 same gear as lvl 45-50, will update this soon)

WITH ANGER + AA + HOT

Spoiler

Spoiler

I don't wanna post with tankier auras because I don't really use any of them, if you want, you can, I don't recommend it.

STATS: U MAD HUH? YOU DON'T NEED TO DIE HUH? ps: you can get a way more life if you want.

91 POINTS TREE-

FINAL BALANCED TREE 121 POINTS-

CRIT STAFF VARIATION (STILLS TANKY) ps: this build wasn't tested myself.

EXPLANATION ABOUT DPS-

Spoiler
Well, on the tree we have the "Celestial Punishment" that gives us 25%+ damage on ignited enemies + 50% from the flame surge ignited bonus, by this you get 75+%, but you curse and you have fire damage penetration from the tree, with a 1 handed mace AND SHIELD, if you want to go Searing Touch Staff, dude, your damage will sky rocket. I will test it soon, just not doing it because my connection suck at the moment.
ps: actually burning ground and ignite from fire trap deals good damage, even to bosses.
ps²: I wi9ll do some math on my actual DPS again, since this scaling by celestial punishment + 50% from flame surge isn't surely now, I will contact someone from GGG to get REAL TRUST DATA.

If you guys want some more in-depth guide, tell me and I will update it, since I don't expect this post to get very notable, I don't really know what to do.

Guide will be updated soon with images and in-depht guide from lvl 1 to lvl 75 where the build is pretty much done. If you want to help me, contact me, I'm not native english speaker and it's even harder to me to write a guide,
thank you.
Last edited by zecazinha on Aug 8, 2015, 4:41:18 PM
reserved, almost forgot this one.

edit 1: Guys, I'm really trying to play to get to the RF phase where the build really will shine, so I can put the "ATZIRI VIABLE" on tittle of the topic and some enormous dps to people really have some interest in this "normal but different build", but life is deep.

Last edited by zecazinha on Jul 29, 2015, 7:38:18 PM
Last edited by zecazinha on Jul 29, 2015, 7:40:15 PM
was trying to make a Shadow fire trapper but overall just wasn't feeling evasion in 2.0

i think yours is a much better way to do it, since you dont really need trap nodes on ranger/shadow area, just fire dmg and tankiness which mara can get.

nice job!
Just noticing : Celestial Punishment is just increased damage, it's not more damage, so it won't work like a multiplier, it's additive with the rest of your increased damage multipliers.
"
Just noticing : Celestial Punishment is just increased damage, it's not more damage, so it won't work like a multiplier, it's additive with the rest of your increased damage multipliers.

I was thinking about it those days... I was reading a lot while planning this build...

"
Celestial Punishment: "It is worth noting that this is an additive increase that does not stack so you will never gain more than 25% increased damage regardless of how many status ailments you apply."

"
Flame Surge: " 50% more Damage against Burning enemies - Damage Bonus: All sources of burning damage trigger the bonus, including the ignite status effect, Searing Bond, Righteous Fire, and burning ground."

I don't know how this works but I have clearly noticed the difference on my dps when I got the node from the tree, I want to test this to be sure how it works.
Thanks for your reply.
"
alexvsevil wrote:
was trying to make a Shadow fire trapper but overall just wasn't feeling evasion in 2.0

i think yours is a much better way to do it, since you dont really need trap nodes on ranger/shadow area, just fire dmg and tankiness which mara can get.

nice job!

Thank you! Sometimes the trap will die before explode, not too often, but sometimes. Just throw them on top of mobs and this will almost never happens. I killed Piety, Brutus, Merveil and all those bosses with AoE that can kill the trap with no problem and igniting them with the trap.
hey i was checking your build since i love fire trap builds but wanted to try it on this league, the idea with RF sounds awesome i just have 1 doubt or reccomendation dw if u have tried it but the increased area of effect with the FT its not that useful since FT with prolif is more than enough but i would also get the holy fire from the tree, tell me your thoughts about it and ty for the build ill try it for sure.
"
Budguy wrote:
hey i was checking your build since i love fire trap builds but wanted to try it on this league, the idea with RF sounds awesome i just have 1 doubt or reccomendation dw if u have tried it but the increased area of effect with the FT its not that useful since FT with prolif is more than enough but i would also get the holy fire from the tree, tell me your thoughts about it and ty for the build ill try it for sure.

You are right, really right, right now I'm using fire trap + ignite chance + ele prolif + blood magic, it's really good, in a 6l I'll add fire pen and empower (burning damage till good empower)

Yes, the RF idea is really good, but for now I'm using Searing Touch staff and this is just awesome, I've cleare lvl 70+ maps with this build ( and 500 ping, witch makes it REALLY REALLY REALLY harder for this type of build), and everything is working fine. I'll be getting belly of the beast soon, so I will have really good life pool.

About RF, i'ts really good if you find a way to make your degen goes to zero damage, because since you use blood magic because of your 100% reservation this can be dangerous, otherwise, you can pick some less mana reserved and good jewels to make your mana goes close to zero and get your RF on, this is what I would be doing if I would try to get RF running. Since this build is made to be easy, cheap and effective, I decided to put RF off from my plans and just get brute fire damage, life, life regen, spell damage and cast speed, making the build really solid and able to kill Atziri with not expensive gear, since Searing Touch and Belly Of The Beast isn't really required for this, but with my connection I just can't kill her without them (and stills risky).

I'm sorry for my english, if you want some more information you can always whisper me ingame :)
Hello my friend, i am lvl 81 witch incenterate, i love going ironwill tanky, i will try ur build now, thx for the guide friend

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info