no full summoner shadows in 2.0?

hi everyone, the title says it pretty well i suppose, i have been looking for a pure summoner build, there are some witch and scion ones that are pure enough for me, but i havent seen a pure shadow summoner build anywhere. when i started this game the first character that worked for me was a shadow pure summoner, i still have it, is only lvl 50 but i suppose that lvl 50 is good enough. has something happened with the passive tree that just makes the shadows no longer viable for summoning or something?

i like to have more than one character in this type of games like almost everyone that bothers to enter the forums looking for builds, so is not the end of the world if i have to turn my character into another thing, but i also want to have a summoner, and when i say that i want a summoner i mean it, i doesnt matter if i have to dual wield two midnight bargains or something like that, i can also trade my ability to do damage for an extra totem no problem, but i havent seen any builds that hardcore on summoning anymore, are they no longer viable for end game content?

thanks for reading and i hope that this thread is not out of place.
There were no shadow summoner builds before 2.0. So that hasn't changed.
The reason is that the shadow start is really bad for summoners: Neither the elemental nor the physical damage nodes apply to minions, whereas the witch/scion start has mana/manareg nodes that are helpful for any caster/summoner.

If someone decided to start as shadow for a summoner build he/she usually ended with a witch tree with a starting penalty anyway.
I have had a shadow summoner since 1.0, but he isnt a serious build. He is just fun to play. I have no problems clearing most maps with him, though some bosses can be a challenge, despite me using some exceptionally horrible gear for my level. Basically, I just threw on every summoner unique I came across, including Queen's Decree, and every other low quality piece of crap that boosts minions in one way or another. The only non minion spells I cast are lightning ball with curse on hit, GMP, and whatever curse seems most useful at the time, and one aura. Can I farm Atziri with him? Um.....no. Probably the only reason I have done so well with him, is he works so well with my buddy's OP flame totem build; thanks to me taking Elemental Equalibrium, and using that lightning ball curse setup with the flamability curse to drop every mobs damage reduction to fire to pretty much nothing. Teamwork!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info