[2.0] Voltaxic Lightning Arrow Help

Hey guys, Shadowclaimer here.

95% of my builds are Marauder, with that last 5% being Templar. I've played since closed beta and haven't even touched the Ranger except random boredom characters really and have no idea what I'm doing everytime I touch that section of the tree.

Well last night, I kinda came into acquisition of these two pretties.

I've got a Storm Cloud, and considering leveling with the Lightning Arrow all the way up. What I want to know is what's the aura/herald situation with Voltaxic, and are the new shock-based support gems any good? Is it a solid endgame build still to run around with Voltaxic shocking the Piety out of everything? What are some other uniques that work well with Voltaxic I should look into and how do jewels impact it?
Domination Shop - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/583768
Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/shadowclaimer
Last edited by Shadowclaimer on Jul 28, 2015, 9:36:29 AM
Hey! :]

i have made a build for these items, you can check it out here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1345178

It's a scion build there is a ranger version up on the forums i hope it helps you.
IGN inspectorgadgetz
Last edited by sclufzs on Aug 6, 2015, 7:16:35 AM
The quiver is total crap of Voltaxic build. Find yourself another one.
"
Bidumandias wrote:

What exactly is "total crap" about it other than it missing life?
Last edited by Waswat on Aug 10, 2015, 7:35:17 AM
"
Waswat wrote:
"
Bidumandias wrote:

missing crit multi which is the most important stat in the game, and so hard to get....
My_Bloody_Valentine
"
Rangers wrote:
"
Waswat wrote:
"
Bidumandias wrote:

missing crit multi which is the most important stat in the game, and so hard to get....

Missing one stat hardly makes it total crap though? :/
Last edited by kris_x on Aug 11, 2015, 2:53:16 AM
It isn't "total crap" but it certainly isn't ideal. It has wed and crit chance which is nice, but it's missing attack speed and crit multi which are both better than crit chance for a voltaxic build due to the bow's low base crit chance. Additionally, the flat ele roll is not particularly good and you have to master craft a mediocre life roll onto it. If the flat ele roll was really good it would probably be good anyway

Fire damage implicit isn't that bad since it's for ele bow, but crit chance it probably better. Ideally you would probably vaal orb it anyway since the corrupted quiver implicits are really good for voltaxic ele bow: additional arrow is amazing, damage conversion to any element is good, ice leech is ok-ish, fire leech and chaos res are bad but not 100% worthless. The only corrupted implicits that are actually worthless are grants lvl 15 proj weakness skill and lightning leech (since all your lightning is now chaos).

The god tier quiver would be:

Additional Arrow

WED
Life
Flat Ele
Crit Multi
Attack Speed
Crit Chance or Resist if needed

So yeah the quiver isn't useless but it's missing many things you are looking for in an ele quiver.

For a voltaxic build overall:

If you're looking for a skill tree, this is the skeleton of what i have been running in tempest (though not with voltaxic, it's just general ele bow while I save for a windripper): http://tinyurl.com/qjot393

In warbands you probably want more damage and less life, so you should take the depth perception wheel and the shadow area jewel socket with a static electricity jewel, as well as the shadow starting nodes for elemental damage. For more survivability you can take life nodes or phase acro. you will likely need to take at least one +30 int node. Druidic Rite is also pretty good because flasks are OP. For other jewels you should prioritize life, projectile damage, crit multi, lightning damage, crit chance in roughly that order, depending on how much you care about life.

Your auras should be Wrath, Herald of Thunder, Herald of Ice. Your curse setup is HoI-HoT-Curse on Hit-Assassin's Mark. This requires you to run all your skills on blood magic.

If you don't have leech (and you don't because you only have a 5Link) you should run the blood dance boots to give you the regen to support a shitload of attacks per second on blood magic. With how good frenzy charges are now, the blood dance is probably best in slot for this build (unless you manage to get some god tier +1 curse amulet and you have a 5L curse on hit setup with poachers mark or some shit). Ideally they would be corrupted for an extra frenzy charge but we can't have everything.

It is not terrible to grab the ranger area aura nodes and you can then case some skills with mana if you want to have a decoy totem or something. Alpha's Howl is also a decent option to give you more mana and a lot more damage, but it will reduce your life a bit and it can be hard to roll the correct colors.

Your vaal skills are vaal haste/grace or both, depending on your socket setup.

Your aoe attack should probably be Ice Shot or Lightning Arrow.

Ice Shot/Lightning Arrow - Blood Magic - GMP - Chain - WED - Innervate (if 6L)

Lightning arrow deals better with enemies who are clumped all around you and not just in front of you. It probably also just deals a little more damage than ice shot overall since it gives chance to shock with quality. The advantage of Ice Shot is the safety provided by chilled ground on hit. Split Arrow is also an option if you like that better.

Your single target is Frenzy - Blood Magic - WED - Faster Attacks - Crit Multi

If you have a 6L you can run slower projectiles, faster projectiles, or life leech. You may value the 6th socket for an additional vaal skill or decoy totem or something though.

In general you want all your gear to have WED, Flat Elemental Damage, Life, Attack Speed, Crit Multi, Crit Chance, Resist, and Intelligence. Obviously it is unfeasible to have all of that on all your gear since that would be insanely expensive (and items only get 6 affixes lol), so just do the best you can. Ele bow does a shitload of damage and will carry you pretty hard even with mediocre gear.

Hope this helps.
I got a Voltaxic a couple of days into Warbands and started a Ranger over the weekend.

She's 77 right now, mapping quite well in the 71-73 Range (fast clears, almost 100mil per hour)

5L Voltaxic and a pair of Thunderfist were the most expensive items, everything else was 1-5 Chaos with the exception of my Quiver.

Using 2x Static Electricity Jewels and playing non-crit as well. Leveled with Storm Cloud until 64 pretty easily.

I chose the Blood Magic route so I could run double Herald + Wrath, reserving all my mana, and then using Life Gain on Hit gem to sustain attacks.

Just using LA-GMP-WED-BM-LGOH atm. Tooltip DPS is kind of deceptive, as it's under 10K DPS, but gotta consider Chaos Resistance of mobs and LA shock + AOE. Investing in Thunderfist was surprisingly nice, gives you a pseudo 5L for Frenzy and also makes it so you don't have to invest in another 5L+ (I'm using a nice EVA base armor but only 4L)
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info