[2.0] Incinerator Scion - Uber Atziri Warbands

"
Gozdew wrote:
I would probably add AA if I can get a level 4 Enlighten. But without it you would need points in the tree or an Alpha's howl, but personally that's not something I want to use or spend points on. Both the damage reduction when casting incinerate (standing still) and the chill when whirling through enemies (or back from them) would be useful I think.

Thanks for the reply and great build. Currently doing a variation of it that is going to use aegis with rainbowstride and that will have max block with this:

Currently picked up some aura reserv nodes at Purity of flesh until my Enlighten lvls up more to be able to run AA/PoL/Anger without nodes.

Current end game plan build:
IGN: QSTNMRK
Last edited by HaxzoR on Aug 3, 2015, 4:54:25 PM
"
HaxzoR wrote:
Thanks for the reply and great build. Currently doing a variation of it that is going to use aegis with rainbowstride and that will have max block.

That's a nice variation I must say. Aegis Aurora is useful versus multiple smaller/medium hits. As I mainly play Uber Atziri I prefer having spell dodge on my boots and a bit more damage in the tree - to handle big hits and make fights shorter. That ranger projectile speed would be nice to have, but I hope I can eventually squeeze some in on my jewels.

I would perhaps reconsider having more block. I should also test running without Unwavering Stance to see if my evasion helps me, mainly versus Atziri spears. However I'm unsure whether my incinerate will get interrupted too often or if I'll get stunned and just plain die to some trio attacks. Other things I realized is that your tree only has 4 jewel slots and that's actually all I'm using as well for mana cost reduction. Maybe the last jewel slot I have could be a unique one - e.g. Intuitive Leap to reach block nodes or something.

I also added a video of Core Map Boss (Malachai).
"
Gozdew wrote:
Core Map Boss, Eater of Souls (Malachai). Another fight where whirling blades can be useful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uVtFm52T4w
[/spoiler]
IGN: GrinMageSinDagger
This build looks really good.

I'm level 85 with yotmato's Block MoM Scion build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1291120/page/1

It's working well but your build looks like it provides much greater DPS with still great defence.

What are the main differences between your build and his?

I notice you don't use Life Leech and you use Iron Will and that you don't use a Cybils Paw for life gain. How do you get your leech... just through Warlords Mark?

Is your defence worse off? I notice you have more Armour but less block and ES. Which is effectively better?

And what's this build like with a 5L instead of a 6L?

Many questions I know :) ... but I'm thinking of respeccing into this build (with a 5L Belly?) to test it out as it looks awesome and potentially better?!

Last edited by brunowa on Aug 4, 2015, 8:11:11 AM
"
brunowa wrote:
This build looks really good.

I'm level 85 with yotmato's Block MoM Scion build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1291120/page/1

It's working well but your build looks like it provides much greater DPS with still great defence.

What are the main differences between your build and his?

I notice you don't use Life Leech and you use Iron Will and that you don't use a Cybils Paw for life gain. How do you get your leech... just through Warlords Mark?

Is your defence worse off? I notice you have more Armour but less block and ES. Which is effectively better?

And what's this build like with a 5L instead of a 6L?

Many questions I know :) ... but I'm thinking of respeccing into this build (with a 5L Belly?) to test it out as it looks awesome and potentially better?!

I feel that dps is what I'd want to improve most atm. I have my defenses where I want them to be for Uber Atziri. In hardcore I'd probably want more defenses. My tree does have a few more points of damage and cast speed in it.

EB+MoM+GR is of course a main difference. It does provide more healthpool, but at the cost of having to leech. I can dps without leeching due to a 1 mana cost incinerate (could be 0 with 1 or 2 points), meaning I have leech as a bonus. Mostly from Warlord's Mark and Atziri's Promise flask, but could be from crafted leech on my dagger. Often I can rely on my life regen to get me back up, but for split phase Atziri both the leech and potions helps a lot.

Neither do I run Abyssal Cry + Temporal Chains + AA. But that's something that could be useful in some cases. I'm not sure it will help much for Atziri bosses, but I haven't tested. I do have a +1 curse amulet I could use if I still wanted Warlord's Mark and Temporal Chains.

Cybil's Paw is nice for starters, but eventually I felt I wanted more attack speed to gain mobility. A Sai type dagger also gives 6% block. The dagger should have spell damage, flat spell dmg, attack speed and can also happen to have suffixes giving dex/int/resists and a slot to craft fire-based leech.

I feel I want to have enough Armor to take a hit from the spike rain in the trio fight. I believe that my fortify usually won't be up unless I alter my playstyle and move through the bosses every now and then to refresh it. Lightning Coil sure helps mitigate the heavy physical damager. Endurance charges would too, but usually I'm lazy and don't recast it during the fight since I currently don't have to.

With a 5L I'd probably remove faster casting, just looking at my dps (with 393 strength). I would probably not do Uber with a 5L, but otherwise I'd say that should work.

It's always nice to get new perspectives on what could be added/removed/changed in a build, so thank you for the questions :)
Could you list all the jewels you're currently using? Attack speed only affects whirling blade and doesn't benefit incinerate at all right?
Last edited by DayOldHateXS on Aug 5, 2015, 5:24:14 PM
"
DayOldHateXS wrote:
Could you list all the jewels you're currently using? Attack speed only affects whirling blade and doesn't benefit incinerate at all right?

I added my jewels to the gear section. You should be able to see them in the skill tree as well. Basically mana cost reduction and life, with some extra dex/int/resists/damage/block/cast speed/attack speed.

Attack speed is only for whirling blades yes, but I find it very nice to have.
Last edited by Gozdew on Aug 7, 2015, 4:00:34 PM
how is the knockback node working out for you?
would you change it?
I've recently acquired a level 4 Enlighten. This lets me run Arctic Armour together with Haste and Purity of Lightning. Arctic Armour helps me a lot on the Atziri split phase. It chills the spear thrower so fewer spears are thrown and it prevents physical damage from them. I've manage to do two deathless Uber Atziri runs in a row since I started running Arctic Armour on top of everything else. I'm also hoping I can start leveling my character a few more levels if I continue with few or no deaths.

I added a new video of a full deathless run.
"
Gozdew wrote:
A deathless Uber Atziri run, my newest run. However, the game crashed after the second split phase. Enlighten level 4 for Arctic Armour made a big difference for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmA_ufn3dsE

"
StaticDew wrote:
how is the knockback node working out for you?
would you change it?

I'm still using the 3 knockback nodes. I do like them for both trash and the trio. I think eventually if I get enough dps I'll remove them and rely on killing things fast enough - perhaps with projectile weakness as backup for knockback. The knockback nodes are not that great in general party mapping however :)

Last edited by Gozdew on Aug 8, 2015, 7:15:19 PM
nice build!

edit: any life leech besides atziri flask? will you consider getting it on the dagger or lazhwar? or doryani belt even
kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbFE90QKJIw
vs
adults https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzysxHGZCAU
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 business a-blazing but no more t-shirts
Last edited by FullCust on Aug 8, 2015, 10:07:15 PM
"
FullCust wrote:
nice build!

edit: any life leech besides atziri flask? will you consider getting it on the dagger or lazhwar? or doryani belt even

I would consider getting leech crafted on my dagger eventually, but I'd say I do fine with flasks, life regen and CwDT + Warlord's Mark leech. I wouldn't run doryani because I lose too much life. If you can get fire leech on Lazhwar, sure that could be useful, but I'll continue using my +1 max res I've gotten hold of.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info