[2.0] Incinerator Scion - Uber Atziri Warbands

Greetings! This is my version of an incinerator with which I took down Uber Atziri in Warbands.

Brief story and credits

A youtube video I saw featured a Scion Incinerator. It inspired me to play an incinerator as well as to try out some Atziri farming in a new league, something I had not done before. After many Atziri runs I had acquired enough gear to give Uber Atziri a go. I failed at first but was successful on the following try a day later. With this post I hope I can inspire others to give normal (or Uber) Atziri a go.

Some points on gameplay

Moving out of harm's way
Whirling Blades is very useful for moving out of danger, especially during all boss fights. It is also used to move past monsters, trigger fortify and travel long distances. I use it heavily during the Trio fight to dodge all attacks - while still having immortal call as a backup plan when I react too slowly. The Lockstep option, to not get desynced, is highly recommended while using whirling blades.

Spray and Pray
The Atziri split phase is handled by standing still incinerating while using Vaal Grace/Haste and flasks. The goal is to quickly get past this phase. Often enough spells and spears are dodged and blocked. Flasks are usually empty after this phase. Afterwards it is safest to run clockwise around Atziri until the next adds phase to recharge flasks. During my two first successful runs I died two/three times on Atziri herself. This gives me an acceptable chance at getting the kill, using the portals available. Recently I've tried to whirl out of split phase flameblasts and storm calls to reduce the risks taken.

Save our souls
For Uber Atziri I try to skip monsters on my way, saving their souls to later go back and get one or two more Vaal Grace uses, if (read when) I die. Having a portal outside the Atziri room helps. Recently I stopped skipping monsters and just bring 3 sets of vaal grace and vaal haste and charge them all up.

Snipe them from afar
Incinerate has a built-in damage multipler that requires standing still. For this I found Faster Projectiles useful in Uber Atziri. I use it especially for Vaals and the Trio but partially also for clearing trash. For Atziri herself I prefer Slower Projectiles, with a switch to LMP during the adds phase. For normal Atziri I use LMP on trash since I have enought dps and feel I can handle one or two attacks.

Knock 'em good
My latest addition in a video below is knockback. Even with only 18% from the tree, a spell like incinerate that hits often will keep trash clear of you melee range and prevent you from taking hits. I like it so far and will probably keep it. Sometimes it is annoying, but the ability to clear tight corridors or rooms is useful. Switching in a temporary knockback gem could be an option as well. Decoy totem is another semi-useful skill. On Atziri it removes a hit or two which allows for dps uptime. On the trio it can also be used, but with the risk of getting spike rains on top of it, which you should not move through by accident. The totem is quite fragile but I find it still has it uses.

Skills

Incinerate - Spell Echo - Iron Will - LMP/FP/SP - Fire Penetration - Faster Casting
Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify
CWDT - Warlord's Mark - Immortal Call - Increased Duration
CWDT - Tempest Shield
Vaal Grace - Vaal Haste - Increased Duration
Flammability (for trash)
Decoy totem
Enduring cry

Purity of Lightning - Haste (Normally)
Purity of Ice - Arctic Armour - Haste - Enlighten (Swap in as needed)

Purities (and AA) used for Vaals. Haste and Anger for easy content. I prefer Haste over Anger due to better mobility, which in turn gives more time to DPS. Anger has better sheet DPS however.

Recently I've gotten hold of a level 4 Enlighten so I can run Arctic Armour on top of my Haste and Purity of Lightning.
Purity of Lightning - Haste - Arctic Armour - Enlighten level 4

DPS and Defence

6L Incinerate DPS, all with Anger:
LMP: 19557
FP: 24372
SP: 29317
LMP + 4 Frenzy charges + Atziri's flask: 26550 (typical farming)
SP + Vaal Haste + Atziri's flask: : 38534 (burst boss single target)

SP + 4 Frenzy charges + Vaal Haste + Atziri's flask: 45753
Then multiply that by 4 to get 183012 burst DPS.

Screenshots below with Blood dance (more life with Atziri's Step).

LMP, FP, SP

Defences

Passives

For passive points, much is invested in life, regen and block while still getting most nearby damage and cast speed nodes. Some mana cost reduction in the tree and on jewels is required to reach a low-or-zero cost Incinerate using Elreon rings (-8 mana). Resistance options are available near the Scion and Marauder to customize the tree, covering for lacking resistances on gear. Unwavering Stance is useful to keep our Incinerate stacks up.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABAdwB5wSzBOQFLQhnCaoLYQz3Dc0UIBRNGJEaPhzOIcMrUC2oLlMx-zWSNug64TwtPfxAoEMxR35KyE3jUEdXlFfhWGNYr1pSXz9lTWjybqpvO3Ttdct10HfjeA15OXrve8N-4n_jgpuDCYNfg8yE2YuMjM-NfpDWmjubXZ7Nn8uiAKZXpzComqluqZWsr69sr6exkLXytz631ryfvTa-gL6nwBrAZsCawL_E9sauzZjTb9Wm2L3Z_NrB21nhc-nV6mLtPO8O8B_yL_KX9kj5ZfxL_gr-VP6P_7A=?accountName=Gozdew&characterName=GrinMageSinDagger

Bandits I used:
- Life
- Cast speed
- Frenzy charge (with Blood Dance)

Current Gear for Uber Atziri

My biggest investment is the 6L Lightning Coil, followed by Rathpith and the 21/20% Incinerate gem.

Gear swap for Vaals (more spell block):

Gear swap for Trio (more armor):

Gear swap for Trash (more dps, from frenzy charges):

Earlier Gear Pieces

Cybil's Paw is nice early on. Eventually I Switched to a Sai for block and attack speed. Blood dance is very nice, but not that useful on Atziri herself.

Videos

A deathless Uber Atziri run, my newest run. However, the game crashed after the second split phase. Enlighten level 4 for Arctic Armour made a big difference for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmA_ufn3dsE

A newer full Uber Atziri run. Did some testing of knockback and of decoy totem. Atziri dodging improved. Description has time links for each part.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3y0l3wj6cI

Full 35 min Uber Atziri. My fifth run, slow but steady. Failed activating Rumi's flask twice, which helped cause two deaths. Description has time links for each part.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7kzPto_c8w

1 minute ending of a deathless Uber Atziri run - to show it can be done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W1Wdj9a04E

Normal Atziri with current gear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzLGaKYOjiw

Core Map Boss, Eater of Souls (Malachai). Another fight where whirling blades can be useful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uVtFm52T4w

Uber Loot

Yes, I got very lucky and linked it in 400 fus.
IGN: GrinMageSinDagger
Last edited by Gozdew on Aug 8, 2015, 6:56:36 PM
If you could've done anything differently spec wise, what would you've done on this build?
"
Kitono wrote:
If you could've done anything differently spec wise, what would you've done on this build?

While not having given it much thought, yet, I don't think I'd change much at the moment. I feel currently it's a fine balance between survivability and damage. I would like to have more damage to clear Uber faster than I do currently, but I'm not sure which defenses I could possibly lay off. A few more levels on the character whould help, as would better jewels.
Impressive that you took down Uber Atziri. I've done normal Atziri on my dual incinerate totem scion at 80+ and it was horrible. I also have a 80+ incinerate righteous fire scion which is a total glass cannon killing voll in literally max 2 seconds but she feels too vulnerable. Getting block and stun immunity seems like the things my builds need. My deaths are mainly because i either get rekt by a couple physical attacks, or i get stunned while flame dashing and it doesn't activate but goes on cooldown anyway. Block and whirling blades is a good solution for both which should be very nice.

Anyway some questions;
- You say you took a frenzy charge though for bandits. Don't you mean endurance charge, or are you somehow obtaining frenzy charges with poacher's mark?
- Also what's your DPS without faster casting?
- Are you using iron will because you can't sustain the mana cost when using other support gems?
IGN SNEEDFINDER
Last edited by 0flip on Jul 28, 2015, 8:04:49 AM
congrats, your build looks really solid !

Do you mind posting dps screenshots, character tabs etc? how does the clearspeed in maps feel with almost no extra projectile speed?

Could you post a video of a normal/uber run? :D

again, congrats doing uber that early on.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Last edited by cmphx on Jul 28, 2015, 7:58:02 AM
"
0flip wrote:

- You say you took a frenzy charge though for bandits. Don't you mean endurance charge, or are you somehow obtaining frenzy charges with poacher's mark?
- Also what's your DPS without faster casting?
- Are you using iron will because you can't sustain the mana cost when using other support gems?

- I use blood dance for frenzy charges on trash, however for boss fights that frenzy charge does not help me much.
- Faster casting adds about 32% DPS. Without it I have around 15000 LMP, 22000 SP. See added screenshots for 6L dps.
- With 379 Strength I get a big DPS boost from Iron Will. Haven't found a better gem to replace it. It also helps the mana cost for sure.

"
cmphx wrote:

Do you mind posting dps screenshots, character tabs etc? how does the clearspeed in maps feel with almost no extra projectile speed?

Could you post a video of a normal/uber run? :D

- Screenshots added to OP.
- Clearspeed could be better in Uber, but for normal Atziri it's a blast playing this build. I haven't played many maps above 74, but the projectile speed on incinerate itself and one duelist node in the tree goes a long way imo. A wand with projectile speed and running Flame Dash instead of whirling blades is a good option for maps I'd say.
- Uber/normal Atziri video will be up soon.
Man I've struggled with uber in warbands with SRS. I'd love to see a video of what it takes to do it with incenerate. I imagine youre using some cool tactics for trio, etc.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
This thread deserves a lot more love. If not for the build itself, for the mad skills of the videos. Congratulations man. I'm gonna start myself a incinerator scion right away.
Quick question about mana regen. So with 2 -8 mana cost to skills my incinerate will be at 5 mana per cast. I am casting ~11 casts per second which is 55 mana per second. our regen is similar at about 15 mana per sec, I can get this up to about 21 per second. How are you managing to not go OOM? I know warlords mark provides mana regen but you arent hard-casting it. With your CWDT it won't proc the curse very often so I am very confused how you are able to spam incinerate with no warlords mark. This provides me with a pretty big issue on Atziri.
"
zazey wrote:
Quick question about mana regen. So with 2 -8 mana cost to skills my incinerate will be at 5 mana per cast. I am casting ~11 casts per second which is 55 mana per second. our regen is similar at about 15 mana per sec, I can get this up to about 21 per second. How are you managing to not go OOM? I know warlords mark provides mana regen but you arent hard-casting it. With your CWDT it won't proc the curse very often so I am very confused how you are able to spam incinerate with no warlords mark. This provides me with a pretty big issue on Atziri.

Check the passive tree, we use reduced mana cost of skill nodes and also the 2x -8 mana rings. makes my lvl 21 incinerate cost 0 or 1 mana, depending on my build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info