The EK king - MF with good defences, clear speed and 50K+ DPS

Before I begin, I must give a lot of credit to CantripN, who is the inventor of this build for it's full DPS and defence mode. What I've done, is a twist to make me enjoy this insane build even more...

His full guild is here: I Cast Magic Missile!

It is a build that has some micro managing, but it's easy once you get the point.

Why you should try it:

1. Good defences based on high Life, Regeneration, Blind, Whirling Blades, Acrobatics and Vaal Grace
2. Not so expensive to make, my near end game gear is worth a lot, but it can be done with less then 10ex.
3. Has an insane DPS mode, if you want to do high-end hard maps.

The final tree (for lvl 92):

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAx4EswW1BiMIZxZvFr8YPBhWGYoaOBpsGo8c3B9BIuoj9iSqJpUnLyj6KU8tqDBxMHwxnjLRNj026TpCOtg64T7PQYdFR0WdSshLV0t4TZJN41FHU1JVS1WFX7Bh4mJaYqxmVGjybIxtbG-ee8N8S4KbgseC5IMJhMWFe4qvjX2Nv48akBGQVZM6lnSXBprgm7WdqqIApcumV7GQtQS1SLc-t9a4k7vjvSe95r6AvrzAZsDjwzrEospK1CPVpti921ndqN-Y42rkIud06Nbr7uw48B_xs_JF9tr56PsJ_gr-ug==

Bandits: Oak, Kill All, Frenzy

MF gear:

Spoiler

Note that I change my dagger when I'm with a party to
for maps with no mana regen or 30%+ reduced physical damage taken for monsters, i remove the added fire gem

DPS gear:

Spoiler

When I'm on DPS mode I don't use IIR I use

Defence on MF mode:

Spoiler

Offence on MF mode (solo):

Spoiler

Offence on MF mode (party):

Spoiler

Defence on DPS mode:

Spoiler

Offence on DPS mode (with 6 frenzy charges):

Spoiler

Offence on DPS mode (with 6 Frenzy charges + Taste of Hate + Atziri's Promise):

Spoiler

Links:
6L - EK + Faster Casting + Spell Echo + Added Fire + Empower + IIR/Faster Projectiles for DPS mode
4L - Flame Golem + Flame Totem + GMP + Blind
4L - Frenzy + Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Fortify
4L - Enlighten + Clarity + Arctic Armor + Hatred
3L - Increased Duration + Vaal Grace + Enduring Cry / Rallying Cry for lower mana regen
3L - CwDT + Warlord's Mark + Flame Dash / Lightning Warp (depends on what you like more)

you can allso do the folowing:

6L - EK + Faster Casting + Spell Echo + Added Fire + Empower + IIR/Faster Projectiles for DPS mode
3L - Flame Golem + Flame Totem + Blind
4L - Frenzy + Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Fortify
4L - Enlighten + Clarity + Arctic Armor + Hatred
4L - Increased Duration + Vaal Grace + Enduring Cry / Rallying Cry for lower mana regen + blood rage/vaal grace (yes, you can have 2 for boss fights :D )
3L - CwDT (19) + Warlord's Mark (19)+ immortal call (19) - if you use well your enduring cry it will be awsome defence

IIR is 290, IIQ 20, before flask for rare and bosses with my setup (rings are not end game, and i have no IIR on jewels so you can get a lot more...)

Spoiler

another thing to consider:

you can run blood rage instead of flame surge/LW, it will give a boost to MF mode....

MF mode solo with 6 frenzy:

Spoiler

MF mode party with 6 frenzy:

Spoiler

note that you will not have regenaration, but enduring cry does the trick,

and that you can have 6 frenzy if you use the normal frenzy attack linked even with no blood rage, you can choose what ever you prefer.

Some more important things to know:

1. In order to use the MF flask you need to recover mana or life from it, it's not that easy. I use
right before I use the flask to cull, lowers your mana, so the flask can work, note that you need the mana regenaration to be lot lower then your mana cost
2. In high maps, throw the blind totem a lot, it will keep you alive.
3. You can get more life and less DPS if you use a spellshield.
4. Remember you use Vaal Grace in boss fight and when you open boxes

leveling section:

tree for lvl 26(more or less):

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAx4GIwhnD6sWvxmKH0EkiyaVLahLV1VLX7Bh4m-egwmXBpu1sZC1SLfWwOPDOsSiykrbWfGz

tree for lvl 50(more or less):

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAx4EswYjCGcPqxa_GDwYVhmKGo8c3B9BJIsmlSj6Lagy0UVHS1dVS1-wYeJiWmjyb558S4LHgwmExY8akzqWdJcGm7WiALGQtUi31riTu-O9J76AwGbA48M6xKLKSttZ35jr7vAf8bP22vno-wn-ug==

tree for lvl 74 (this is the final tree for this build to work good):

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAx4EswW1BiMIZxZvFr8YPBhWGYoaOBpsGo8c3B9BIuoj9iSqJpUnLyj6KU8tqDBxMHwy0TbpN9Q6QjrYRUdKyEtXS3hNklFHVUtfsGHiYlpmVGjybWxvnnvDfEuCm4LHguSDCYTFhXuKr419jb-PGpARkFWTOpZ0lwabtaIAsZC1BLVIt9a4k7vjvSe-gL68wGbA48M6xKLKStQj1abbWd2o35jjauQi53To1uvu7DjtP_Af8bP22vno-wn-ug==

video:

residance 76 with more damage for boos
Spoiler
https://youtu.be/_8wvxnDa9tM

few last things....

if you vaal a good dagger, you may get

so it will let you be in DPS damage in MF party mode :)

and in DPS mode, if you have good capped resistances, you can use

it makes the game alot more fun...

in culling mode, you can use

and have less DPS, but, blind on all...

and if you cull.... well, the best belt is ofc

that is the best way to have fun - and DPS is most of the time 50% more damage,
and who doesent want to be an MF with 75K and more DPS :)

and if you give up blood rage, you can have 2 vaal grace, wich is good for strong bosses,

hope to hear what you gamers think,
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
Last edited by rel4us on Aug 30, 2015, 8:34:42 AM
DPS and MF stats updated
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
DPS mode added for MF to get 50K DPS in party, 59K for solo MF,

allso, plz ask me questions here so i'll answer in public, ty
Sick build girl :)
IGN: korgan_bloodarrow
"
Sick build girl :)

TY! hope ppl will try it :)
Nice build! I wanted to try EK build. I came across your build so I'll give it a try.
Just a question. I'm a relatively new player, only a few weeks into the game, so I'm still not 100% sure of the passive trees. I notice that you've posted a tree for 92 level, but could you provide basic route for leveling? For example, should I start with Marauder area first or should I go ahead to Shadow/Ranger area first? Thanks and great build!
really nice build

But in the first steps of the travel i have really low damage , i change the Ek by Spectral throw has the same function or i need change something on the build ?
"
Crzpin wrote:
really nice build

But in the first steps of the travel i have really low damage , i change the Ek by Spectral throw has the same function or i need change something on the build ?

not realy, do u use hatred and herald of ash? you can use bouth with clarity if you need the DPS,

arctic armor is needed for the end game maps
"
angelbmw335 wrote:
Nice build! I wanted to try EK build. I came across your build so I'll give it a try.
Just a question. I'm a relatively new player, only a few weeks into the game, so I'm still not 100% sure of the passive trees. I notice that you've posted a tree for 92 level, but could you provide basic route for leveling? For example, should I start with Marauder area first or should I go ahead to Shadow/Ranger area first? Thanks and great build!

np, i will add leveling tree in the next day,

hope it will do the trick
Someone try in tempest league ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info