[2.0] Natharias' Incinerator: Clear most content for 5-15 chaos EZ

<<<CURRENTLY UPDATING>>>

THIS BUILD IS CHEAP, EFFECTIVE, AND EASY TO PLAY. There might be other "cheap" builds out there, but none of them are as effective as this one.

This build exploits:

Cybil's Paw Unique Claw: Life Gained on Spell Hit
Cybil's Paw gives 5-8 life for each enemy hit by spells you cast. Spells cast via CWDT are considered to be cast by you, so it gives you life as you take damage.

Cast When Damage Taken + Life Gained on Spell Hit
Cast When Damage Taken (CWDT) is a support gem that causes all linked spells to cast after you've taken a certain amount of damage, provided their required level is within CWDT's range.

Level 1 versions are used so that spells proc often and their damage is limited, so that reflect is not a problem.

Spells that hit multiple times are preferable over other spells. Here is a list of spells and support gems in order of importance:

Ball Lightning + GMP + CDWT. This is the best against mobs as it usually hits each enemy at least twice, giving 5-8 x 2 x 2 life. While skills no longer shotgun, it rapidly restores life.

Arctic Breath + GMP + Chain + CWDT. This can rapidly restore life but it is mainly used to Chill enemies, slowing them by 30%.

Firestorm + CWDT. This is used against both packs of enemies and single targets. Although not all fireballs will hit, enough hit one target to make it one of the best spells to be used.

Magma Orb + GMP + CWDT. is useful as a Ball Lightning replacement or as a supplement to it. It will strike a number of enemies suddenly, but will generally only hit each enemy once.

Shock Nova + CWDT. While it will only get a maximum of two hits on only a few targets, it strikes a sizable area instantly. This is especially powerful against mobs as it hits quite a few of them instantly.

Curses
Windscream boots are used to grant +1 maximum curses on enemies, allowing this build to place both defensive curses on enemies.

A level 1 CWDT can support gems that require up to level 36, so level five Temporal Chains and Enfeeble are used. While we want procs to occur often to regain life, curses do not do this. So we want curses to instead apply rapidly and often to maximize the coverage of the curse.

Enfeeble
A level 5 Enfeeble will cause enemies to deal 23% less damage, have 22% reduced accuracy, 25% reduced critical strike chance, and 25% reduced critical strike multiplier. 20% quality will grant an additional 10% reduced accuracy rating and 10% reduced critical strike chance.

A 5/20 Enfeeble will give 23% less damage, 32% reduced accuracy rating, 35% reduced critical strike chance, and 25% reduced critical strike multiplier.

A 5/23 Enfeeble would give 23% less damage, 33.5% reduced accuracy rating, 36.5% reduced critical strike chance, and 25% reduced critical strike multiplier.

Temporal Chains
A level 5 Temporal Chains will slow enemies by 22%. 20% quality will grant an additional 10% slow.

A 5/20 Temporal Chains will slow enemies by 32%.

A 5/23 Temporal Chains would slow enemies by 33.5%.

Corrupt Gems: Quality Over Level
Corrupting gems gives the possibility to obtain level 21 or a gem with 23% quality. Since gems must be level 5, the increased quality is preferred for both gems.

Temporal Chains 5/23 should be obtained before Enfeeble.

Curses alone reduce enemy DPS to:
(Keep in mind numbers are done in Microsoft Excel, so they won't match up exactly and I haven't rounded them at all)

(White, blue, yellow, and most unique)
Level 5 Gems: 60.06% DPS, reduction of 39.94%
5/20 Gems: 52.36% DPS, reduction of 47.64%
5/23 Gems: 51.2% DPS, reduction of 48.79%

(60% reduced effect of curses on map bosses)
Level 5 Gems: 82.8% DPS, reduction of 17.19%
5/20 Gems: 79.17% DPS, reduction of 20.82%
5/23 Gems: 78.63% DPS, reduction of 21.36%

(70% reduced effect of curses on act bosses)
Level 5 Gems: 86.95% DPS, reduction of 13.04%
5/20 Gems: 84.16% DPS, reduction of 15.83%
5/23 Gems: 83.74% DPS, reduction of 16.25%

Fortify
Fortify is a buff that can be gained by hitting an enemy with a supported melee attack skill. It reduces damage taken from hits by 20%.

Whirling Blades is used as a fast mobility skill to apply Fortify AND move around quickly.

The only disadvantage is that terrain can stop movement and holes and gaps cannot be crossed.

Arctic Armor
Arctic Armor is a reservation skill that causes you to take less physical and fire damage when hit, and leave a trail of chilled ground.

At level 20, AA grants 13% less physical and 12% less fire damage taken. Quality only increases the duration the chilled ground remains.

A 21/20 AA is desirable for this build, giving a total of 13% less physical and 13% less fire damage taken.

Enduring Cry Skill: Endurance Charges
Each E-charge gives 4% "flat" physical damage reduction and 4% fire, cold, and lightning resistance.

"Flat" means that it does not act like armor. It simply reduces the damage taken by 4% per charge.

This build obtains seven e-charges, which gives 28% reduced physical damage taken and 28% elemental resistance.

An e-charge support node is allocated to cause each charge to grant 0.2% life regeneration, giving a total of 1.4% life regeneration.

Life Regeneration
This build has:
10.2% life regeneration from passive nodes
1.4% life regeneration from 7 e-charges (each charge gives 0.2% life regeneration due to one passive)
1.65% life regeneration from a level 20 Vitality (1.7% with a 21 corrupted Vitality)

This gives a total of 13.25% life regeneration per second.

<<<Combined Defenses and Mitigation>>>
Initial hits:
Arctic Armor (13/12% less physical/fire)
Fortify (20% reduced damage from hits)
E-charges (28% reduced physical damage taken)

Subsequent hits (all of the above and this list):
Curses (enemies deal 13.04-48.79% less damage)
CWDT procing spells, each spell giving 16 maximum life for each target hit.
CWDT and AA chilling enemies, slowing them by 30%.

Upcoming Mitigation:
Lightning Coil
Cloak of Flame

Now for the build's cost and stats:

Build Cost: 5-15 Chaos Orbs
Cybil's Paw can be bought by Masters for 5 chaos orbs. Players will sell them for 1-5 chaos orbs.

Windscream can be traded for 3-5 chaos orbs with other players.

Tabula Rasa can be traded for 1 exalt. This item is optional.

Focus on these mods on gear in order of importance:
1. Life
2. Resistances
3. Strength
4. Applicable DPS increases (%fire damage, %spell damage, %projectile damage, cast speed)
5. Everything else

Strength is desirable over most other mods because it gives half of its value as life AND gives 0.5% applicable increased damage per point of strength.

Current Passives

Current Gear

On swap:

<<<Current Stats>>>

And finally, videos of gameplay:

<<<Videos>>>

Last edited by Natharias on Sep 2, 2015, 4:19:37 PM
Nat, the title of this thread is misleading and you should clarify it asap. People coming into this thread could easily fall under the illusion they can get *all* their gear for <1ex. That is obviously not the case. If they bother to do the math, it comes out to well over an ex. Just sayin.

As for the build itself, you're linking standard items. Stuff is generally pricier in temp leagues, so your title is even less relevant/accurate in that case. I like your idea of using Cybil's and lgoh with cwdt-linked spells, but it isn't anything new. Only a handful of builds can actually take advantage of Cybils, so the couple posts I've seen of yours that seem to talk so fondly of this build being so viable/cheap/defensively awesome, is really looking at it from a tiny microscope. The defenses you talk about are nice, but they A) aren't available to every class, and B) in this case require a very build-specific unique that many chars can't do anything with. As I don't think you're advocating all chars to suddenly respec into casters using Cybils/Incinerate, some retrospective might be nice.
For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
"
Peripherally wrote:
Nat, the title of this thread is misleading and you should clarify it asap. People coming into this thread could easily fall under the illusion they can get *all* their gear for <1ex. That is obviously not the case. If they bother to do the math, it comes out to well over an ex. Just sayin.

As for the build itself, you're linking standard items. Stuff is generally pricier in temp leagues, so your title is even less relevant/accurate in that case. I like your idea of using Cybil's and lgoh with cwdt-linked spells, but it isn't anything new. Only a handful of builds can actually take advantage of Cybils, so the couple posts I've seen of yours that seem to talk so fondly of this build being so viable/cheap/defensively awesome, is really looking at it from a tiny microscope. The defenses you talk about are nice, but they A) aren't available to every class, and B) in this case require a very build-specific unique that many chars can't do anything with. As I don't think you're advocating all chars to suddenly respec into casters using Cybils/Incinerate, some retrospective might be nice.

Problem with the wording under the Tabula, which is "optional". The only difference is most players would lose one effective support compared to mine, where I'm using a gem that doesn't drop any more.

I also don't know anyone looking for budget builds to farm in temporary leagues, especially when they're pressed for time. That's why I play Standard and not in the leagues.
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Peripherally wrote:

Problem with the wording under the Tabula, which is "optional". The only difference is most players would lose one effective support compared to mine, where I'm using a gem that doesn't drop any more.

I also don't know anyone looking for budget builds to farm in temporary leagues, especially when they're pressed for time. That's why I play Standard and not in the leagues.

Understandable. I didn't realize you were using old legacy IIQ gem too. Maybe put an indicator in OP stating "this build intended for Standard league"? Would make a lot more sense that way.
For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
Nice idea dude, realy nice. Ty for sharing :)!
so were is the passive skill tree?
Why not use a low level CWDT with a low level shock nova, linked with a high level CoH and a high level curse? it allows you to curse all mobs around you every time you're hit with a level 20 curse.
"
Peripherally wrote:
Understandable. I didn't realize you were using old legacy IIQ gem too. Maybe put an indicator in OP stating "this build intended for Standard league"? Would make a lot more sense that way.

Except it isn't Standard only. I'm currently using two legacy items, but neither make or break the build.

"
jokergod13 wrote:
so were is the passive skill tree?

See the "Current Passives" under "Build Cost: 5-15 Chaos Orbs" and above "Current Stats".

"
Reignbrandt wrote:
Why not use a low level CWDT with a low level shock nova, linked with a high level CoH and a high level curse? it allows you to curse all mobs around you every time you're hit with a level 20 curse.

Too many links and it doesn't give what the build needs. Shock Nova isn't as good of a spell for Cybil's Paw CWDT as its range is limited, and with CWDT and COH you'd only get one curse from that proc. CWDT + Curse + Curse gives you two curses at the cost of three sockets. The COH takes a minimum of four and only gives ONE curse.

Sure, the curse may be higher level, but it won't get much more duration and doesn't give that much more effect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info