[2.0.3] Blackdepp's Firestorm Witch (General Gravicius Cosplay)

i just ripped my cold witch, and this build caught my eye, is it viable in tempest league?
"
alexvsevil wrote:
Hey so I've been interested in Firestorm for a while and your build looks like a good place to start. I can provide some updates as I level and you can link (saves you time, helps curious folks.) Plus I enjoy reflecting or analyzing as I play (maybe getting feedback about less optimal gem choices etc too)

Anyway, lv1 Witch starting in Twilight Strand...gogogo!

Damn man that sounds great (:

"
Fancastic wrote:
I actually wanna try this .. can u plz devide this build for leveling ( like about progression for lvl 30 .. lvl 60.. )

As I stated in the first few sentences, this isn't a detailed build guide but more a showcase. But the next comment might help you:
alexvsevils leveling guide
Start: Take the elemental damage nodes on the left side of the Witch start and work your way up to Elemental Dominion.

15 points: Fire Walker & Cruel Preparation
24 points: Explosive Impact
33 points: Quick Recovery & Purity of Flesh
51 points: Light of Divinity, Discipline & Training, Sanctity, armor & life from Templar Start, Retribution, Elementalist.

I bought Fire Trap from Nessa after Hillock, used that until level 4 at which point I bought Flame Totem from Nessa. Used that until Brutus reward where I got Firestorm and started using them together. The clear speed with these two skills is great, which is why I didn't grab more damage nodes. Since the end game goal is a Fire skill, and the best leveling gems are Fire, it's super easy and convenient to level without having to respec later.

I prioritized life/armour in anticipation of act 3/act 4, where physical damage starts getting a bit sketchy. In act 2 Cruel now, with 1400 life, 250 es, 500 armour (28% phys reduction).
i equipped Ice Tomb instead of Thousand Ribbons at level 39 to gain a lot of armour, es and cold resist. this was around a4 normal where i needed physical reduction badly.

damage is 1200 with flame totem+added cold+added lightning and about 200 with firestorm+faster casting+spell echo+added cold.

after I pick up the rest of the 51 points goal I'll probably grab the fire cluster above Cruel Preperation.

will continue as I keep leveling!

"
Yassi wrote:
i just ripped my cold witch, and this build caught my eye, is it viable in tempest league?

Tbh I don't think this is the best build for tempest. It has a solid defense and a good amount of life but reflect is something this character can't deal with so well. Maybe a ruby flask will help with that. I played this character in standard only. But being HC viable depends also on the way the character is played. Anticipatory playstyle and stuff u know...
IGN - Blackdepp
Tnx for post. realy enjoying this build so far!
Hi, ive reached lvl 60+, feeling the killing speed is slowing down.. im easly maxed on the ress.. do you have any suggestion for a uniqe dmg item to replace a ress/life item ?
IGN - Blackdepp
hello,
What do you think about:
?

+bonus:
vaal detonate dead looks awesome because:
+ you use it one, KABUM all corps
+ its fire dmg

- need stack :<

Last edited by Satrew on Aug 4, 2015, 4:52:15 PM
Mokus might be a decent choise in some builds but I don't see the use for mine. We need the mana regen and resistances on the rare rings. The life is also very handy and I won't trade that for this little fire dmg. Or are you planning on something with the ignite status?

I also don't quite get why vaal DD would be that nice. You need corpses to trigger it and those you would have to either produce yourself by killing stuff (but then everything is already dead) or by casting desecrate (what would take you some time in which you could have killed stuff already).
IGN - Blackdepp
Ok, you have right, vaal detonate is funny but not so usefull as i think. I mean yes, vs tons mobs its good end fight skill but 1 vs 1 its usless...

Im not sure yet about ignite, test it actually but 2x res and dmg dont look so bad for me, only problem is with that hp... Hm its time to test :D
Last edited by Satrew on Aug 4, 2015, 8:02:43 PM
What makes your firestorm have like the black spikes around it? Mine just looks like fireballs falling from the sky. Yours is completely different
cash shop :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info