Phage's Restless Ward Righteous Fire Incinerator w/ Searing Touch

Build Introduction
2.0 Gave a massive buff to Incinerate when shotgunning was removed. However the base damage has been increased by nearly 100% resulting in incredible damage with the stage multiplier. It is no one of the most played skills currently in PoE offering amazing clear speed since and is safer since you no longer have to be right up next to an enemy to kill it.

This chest piece is what makes the build possible. With the flat regen the chest we can easily out regen the damage over time from Righteous fire. Giving many options to play around with weapons and uniques. Personally want to thank TheRestless for making such a fantastic multi-functional chest.

I chose Incinerate for its massive damage potential. Which is also known for its awesome scaling possibilities with Righteous fire. Also with the ability to run two handed staffs it has amazing scales with +gem levels

Blood dance is also added for some increased life regen and damage.

https://goo.gl/EEBQBi<<<<<<<<<<75 Cells map run

For gameplay and/or questions check my stream out. Happy to answer any question you may have. www.twitch.tv/phagetv
____________________________________________________________________________________

DPS
Herald of Ice/Fire

____________________________________________________________________________________

Buffed: RF + 4 Frenzy Charges

Pros
The damage is amazing.

A lot of added survivability. With 7 endurance charges since they give 28% physical damage reduction, and 28% all res. This gives my current build 40% Phys reduction and 83% with a granite.

Incinerate scales incredibly well into late game especially with +levels in your searing touch or +3 staff

Can be cheap depending on if you would rather run your active skill gem in the chest piece. Freeing up the possibilities of running a Doon Cuebiyari, a Doryani's Catalyst, a one/two rare wand/sceptre, and/or shield.

Cons
Can be tough to level since the chest piece is level 71. However you can just level with +# to fire gems sceptres and just use

or

I started as a Templar but you can also do this as a Marauder with little to no difference. However I believe that Templar is the most optimal setup edging out the Marauder choice.

Skill tree pathing is subject to player preference, but this is what I would recommend you use to level.

Bandits
Normal: Oak - 40 Max life.
Cruel: Kill all - Passive point
Merciless: Oak - For endurance charge

Leveling
Since this build requires you to get to be level 71 too really shine I recommend leveling with whatever you feel most comfortable with leveling. You will have good life and regen while leveling however damage will be pretty limited. What I would recommend is dual wielding +# to fire gems sceptre and offhanding a Dreadarc
This axe is an excellent offhand for leveling since Firestorm/Firetrap/Flame totem can proc its flammability on hit. You can switch out of this later for more damage in Merciless but for Normal and Cruel its an amazing addition to the leveling process.

Gear and Links

The links in my build are not finished. I still need to change out of the Evasion Gear so I can set up my Righteous Fire properly for added DPS at close range.

Videos
Coming soon
twitch.tv/phagetv
twitter.com/phagetv
Last edited by Phagetv on Jul 28, 2015, 12:32:02 PM
Looking good Phage, I eventually want to give this build a try myself, perhaps in Tempest! To any doubters out there, give The Restless Ward a fair shot! It's an amazingly versatile unique, just because it isn't lightning coil doesn't mean it's trash! ;)

I agree that Templar start is stronger simply because % mana regen > % armor and he gets more damage early on :)
Nice detailed build! I'll have to try it.
good job

nice synergies of passive and uniques

im playing an incinerate build also

would like to change to this later on
Build is extremely powerful! Nice write up :)
This is what I'm using for lvl 12-30 so far so good, handles everything with ease.
Spoiler
Most expensive item is tabula but i got that free.. everything else but atziri's foible was found. tooltip for incinerate is 259.9 flame totem sits at 206.2

Tree if interested:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUAA3UEswYOCfYLYQxfGmwcpyftQ8hPBFOlWHdboF8EaPJ8DoKbkSuaO52uogCnCKdVrj6vbMBmxPbGrtR81abhc-Qi6-7tPPAf?accountName=HyppyDyppy&characterName=Templacinerator

TL;dr so far build is gr8 leveling is a breeze, will update when I hit 60 and can wear my searing touch.
Last edited by HyppyDyppy on Sep 6, 2015, 9:31:10 PM
for me it just seems like a harder way to run rf, seems squishy :3
"
Fakepott wrote:
for me it just seems like a harder way to run rf, seems squishy :3

RF will make you squishier in the build cause the increased resistance isn't there. RF's main point in this build is to give a lot more damage like it used to in the past before RF burn builds. If there was something difficult that had a lot of damage and I didnt want to die i would turn RF off cause without it the build was almost impossible to kill.
twitch.tv/phagetv
twitter.com/phagetv

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info