[Races] Lets discuss races and the ideas behind it.

"
SlixSC wrote:
"
unsane wrote:
Chris stated in the podcast today that he had 5 people working full time going thru beta feedback.

And you believe that?

Why wouldn't i?
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707

maybe they went it through but didnt care
Last edited by janimauk on Jul 27, 2015, 3:20:36 PM
wow jani learned how to images
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
unsane wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
unsane wrote:
Chris stated in the podcast today that he had 5 people working full time going thru beta feedback.

And you believe that?

Why wouldn't i?

I don't know, maybe because it's hopelessly naive?
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
"
jstq wrote:
wow jani learned how to images

"
janimauk wrote:

maybe they went it through but didnt care

Yup.

Path of Exile Patches are trial and error and ignoring negative feedback.
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
unsane wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:
And you believe that?

Why wouldn't i?

I don't know, maybe because it's hopelessly naive?

Face, meet palm.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
unsane wrote:

Face, meet palm.

How's that facepalm? Do you believe anything companies tell you? Do you at least acknowledge that the profit motive and public perception are good enough reasons for lying, especially when you can easily get away with it? There is no way we can possibly fact check what Chris said, which is exactly what makes it such a good lie. How convenient.

I mean how implausible of a scenario are we even talking about here? They hired 5 random people to read and evaluate all the complex and detailed feedback given by beta testers, 5 random people who presumably don't know the game, have no understanding of the game mechanics, etc..

I mean let's assume this is true, it would certainly explain why almost none of the beta feedback was taken into account. Programming a bot to filter out feedback would have probably yielded better results than hiring 5 random people who don't even know the game.

And that's assuming what Chris' said is even true, which I don't believe for a second.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Jul 28, 2015, 9:54:15 AM
I've never really been a fan of the "turbo" style races. I tried Emberwake for the first time tonight, and it's not an exception. I didn't have fun with it, so I probably won't be doing it again. It seems silly that I'm having fun with all of the races except for the signature ones.
The purpose of having different mods such as added damage on races is to force people to change their strategies. You can't play an Emberwake the same way you would a 1 hour solo, or a Lethal, or an Ancestral and that makes it interesting.

It's not that innovative, we've had Turbo Immolation before and the strategy is pretty similar but it's something at least.

As for stress, it's only as stressful as you let it be. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a tense 1h or whatever and so I try to push for rank, other times I just want to shoot stuff so I take it easy - my rank ends up somewhere in the nether regions beyond 20th in class, but I still earn points from levelling and have a good time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info