[2.0] King's Hidden Potentialist - Poison Arrow (Cheapest build?)

What's up, everyone?

This is a guide of my (dead) HC poison arrow ranger! It's made around an interesting new unique jewel called Hidden Potential.

It gives (20 to 25)% increased Damage for each Magic Item you have equipped. We have 8-9 magic items equipped, which means - around 200 increase dmg from only one jewel! Wow!

Main advantage of this build is that it can be awfully cheap, but can also be invested in for even more damage.

+4000 life, +5000evasion, Acro and Phase Acro, hard to hit

Awfully cheap version

Two things required - 4/5 linked bow with +2 to bow gems / +1 bow and +1 socketed / +2 bow and +1 socketed gems. This really isn't that expensive, you can buy 5L white bows for only 1c or less on temp leagues, even less on standard. The other thing is the Hidden Potential jewel.

All other items are self found, just pick up magic and white items and transmute/aug them.

I would also recommend you to buy The Blood Dance Boots

Try and grab some Elreon -x mana cost jewelry!

Craft % Increased Damage Over Time mod on bow from Leo's workbench!

More expensive version

Three things required - 5/6 linked bow with +2 to bow gems / +1 bow and +1 socketed / +2 bow and +1 socketed gems, Hidden Potential and Drillneck quiver

All other items are self found, just pick up magic and white items and transmute/aug them.

I would also recommend you to buy The Blood Dance Boots

Try and grab some Elreon -x mana cost jewelry!

Craft % Increased Damage Over Time mod on bow from Leo's workbench!

Gems

For awfully cheap version, use Poison Arrow + Slower Projectiles + Concentrated Effect + Increased Effect + Empower for 5L

For more expensive version, use Poison Arrow + Slower Projectiles + Concentrated Effect + Increased Effect + Pierce + Empower for 6L

Other gems
You'll probably have problems with capping res, so you must take purity of elements.

Here are some things that will be useful ->

-Purity of Elements
-Vulnerability + Inc area of effect
-CWDT + Immortal call + Phase Run + Increased duration
-Enduring cry + Rallying cry + Abyssal cry + Increased area of effect
-Blink Arrow + Faster attacks
-Vaal Grace + Vaal Haste + Vaal Summon Skeletons
-Spell totem + summon skeletons + faster casting
-Decoy totem + Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance

(Pick whatever you like! You can play only with Purity and Vulnerability)

Skill tree

Level any way you like. I'd suggest flame totem (and poison arrow after lvl 40)

110 pts

As you can see, it's possible to play as Scion.

My gear

I just got new gear, so I didn't link anything, nor socketed any gems except attack, purity and vulnerability.

Awfully cheap version:

Pros

-Awfully cheap.
-Good clearer
-Could run mf gear.
-Fun
-HC viable

Cons

-Damage lacking in parties
-Slow boss killer
-Can't brag with GG gear

Video
Last edited by kralj87 on Jul 25, 2015, 12:09:27 PM
Has anyone tried something like this?
"
kralj87 wrote:
Has anyone tried something like this?

I'm currently doing almost the same build. If you get your hands on some good jewels you can skip the Corruption wheel. I think buying a +3 bow will result in more dps than the 20-something % increased damage you will get from going with a magic bow. All in all a very fun and agile build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info