[Tempest] Where are all these Lightning Coils are coming from?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3ejzyj/discussion_dupe_high_level_uniq/

Evening exiles, I want to bring your attention to one small problem we currently have. Right now in Tempest people are selling top tier uniqs from level 1 characters on fresh account as cheap as dirt.

Best example is Lightning Coils, over a course of one night there have been an increase of these from five to THIRTY FIVE.

http://poe.trade/search/akanariobarime

Prices on this dropped dead from 25ex to 6-7ex.

I advice you to do not buy any top tier uniques like rathpiths, coils, kaoms, shavs because they may be duped. It is not a speculation, it is a fact.

Now GGG will ban these new accounts (people already sold their exalts from duped items for cash) but the dupe will live. For over than two years guild stash tab dupe existed, people have been selling 30 shavronne's (all six linked) and got themselves banned but dupe still lives on.

Now economy of Tempest is ruined. No one has exalts enymore because all of them were spent on these uniqes; over the course of few hours price on Exalts went from 32-34 to 45c.

Good luck and stay safe.

Doomsayer.png
Last edited by Teplokot on Jul 25, 2015, 9:44:23 AM
Hope they have a way to keep track of stuff like this and act on it. Seems that cheaters always pick Saturday to come out of hiding.

It could very well be that they changed the drop rates on these items with 2.0 and we're just seeing more of them.

But I'll have to say, if you trade... you are already giving up the security of knowing that the items you play with are legit. If it bothers you to play with items some cheater made, you have to join a group of people who insist on creating an isolated economy or play solo.

This is exactly what the idea behind the private leagues was. I'd consider joining a group if there were mechanisms in place to verify compliance with the rules of the group. Until those tools are available, I stick to solo play.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jul 25, 2015, 10:16:24 AM
This is going to end well.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
But I'll have to say, if you trade... you are already giving up the security of knowing that the items you play with are legit.

In every gear dependent game, starting from Ultima followed by Ragnarok and Lineage and the modern age ARPG there have been dupes.

GGG told us stories about unique item IDs and all. Where are these unique IDs now?

Situation as is: legit people bought coils for 15ex each because it was affordable (compared to 25ex on poe.trade <_<). Soon they realized that there is tens of these coils on sale (cheaters have not even bothered with divining coils, they all are of same stats). Now when dupe is obvious legit people are trying to sell their duped coils for half the price, like 7ex just to save some currency in case of rollback.

As one guy told me in pm - Tempest is dead. If GGG do not roll back - Tempest is dead. If they do Rollback - Tempest is dead. People will leave the game after two weeks from the launch of the new expansion.

Best part of it: dupers are still selling their items in trade chat RIGHT NOW.

Last edited by Teplokot on Jul 25, 2015, 11:00:08 AM
Seriously... if this bothers you that much, you've got to go strictly solo. It would bother me too, but I don't play these games multi-player. I know the items I have are legit. So I'm not worried about Tempest being "ruined" by the creation of a few items.

I would not buy anything over an exalt at the moment, this is so fucked.
I dont get it, Duped Items? Somebody please explain this to me
I can only imagine they're going to have to do a server rollback or something drastic at this point.
"
FILM wrote:
I can only imagine they're going to have to do a server rollback or something drastic at this point.

And punish every single legit player? They know better than that.
It's going to be interesting how GGG handles this. In the meantime I'm holding buying anything overly expensive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info