Hippopotta's BM Suckwave Totem [2.0]

I wanna start by saying that i'm a very casual player, so while this build haven't undergone extensive testing i still feel its a solid build that deserves a 'guide' of sorts, seeing as i can't find any 2.0 BM SWT builds out there. It's my first character this season and I feel it's a very beginner-friendly build as it was very easy to level with and doesnt require any specific items to work fine in maps.

Gem combinations

SWT-Inc AoE / IIR-Iron Will-Added Fire-Faster Casting (I strongly recommend getting a 5L to get these gems linked. Doesn't have to be anything fancy. If you have a 6L, fill the last spot with either IIR/AoE or Conc

Less Duration-Lightning Warp

CWDT lvl 1-Summon Skeletons lvl 8-Frost Wall lvl 10-Molten Shell lvl 10

CWDT lvl 1-Frost Nova lvl 8-Chance to flee

Herald of ash-Reduced Mana-Vulnerability/Temp Chains-Inc AoE
Personally i played with Temp Chains up to the point where I got my empires grasp(note these arent required, but its a nice addition)

In my opinion you arent getting hit enough to justify having flame golem on cwdt.

Bandits
Oak[Life] - Oak[Phys] - Point[Don't need charges]

Gear

Jewels: Clear Mind(works great with BM) + Spire of Stone
I'm not displaying this to show off some sort of fancy gear. No, this is the shit im running with and im doing just fine.

Off/Def

unbuffed off

atziris

def

???
In terms of Empires Grasp. Well its definitely not a necessity but I like how it works. It's not going to be that insane black hole you saw on reddit a few weeks ago. The most important aspect is that they usually stay in the killzone instead of being pushed out, relieving me from most of my worries. I can just pop 2 totem and walk around looting stuff.

Carcass Jack/Divinarius would be a nice addition to this build but as of now its not in my budget and it really isnt a necessity.

Conc effect is a matter of taste i guess. I don't feel i need any more dps so to me the large area is more valueable.

Currently im running IIR instead of Inc AoE as i feel i generally don't need it in maps.

You don't have to worry about any mapmods, you can deal with pretty much anything. Be a man and don't ID maps.

This build is extremely cheap and doesnt require much to work.

The clearspeed is great and you don't struggle with higher level maps either.

Too lazy and don't care enough to make you a video or even a .gif. (You get a pic thats not even remotely related to the build.)

Last edited by Sixtyeight on Aug 23, 2015, 1:38:44 PM
I realize this is a softcore build, but If I was to do shockwave on a Hc league, as a marauder, I would run something like this: @ level 80 And i'd prolly use a Belly of the Beast to hit over 200% increased max life, or a Lightning Coil for more mitigation.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Took Edzillas advice and changed the build up a bit. Losing some armor but gaining some SP. Updated the OP
Hello Sixtyeight,

Looks like a solid and fun build, but some questions/suggestion:

- Why Spelldmg in Tree ? I thought spelldmg dont buff totems ?

- Screenshot of stats (defense, dmg)

I love totems, think I will go for this build^^
"
DiamondSnake wrote:
Hello Sixtyeight,

Looks like a solid and fun build, but some questions/suggestion:

- Why Spelldmg in Tree ? I thought spelldmg dont buff totems ?

- Screenshot of stats (defense, dmg)

I love totems, think I will go for this build^^

Hey! Sorry it took me forever to answer you. I've been in the middle of moving abroad + school just started =) had a fairly intense week.

To answer your questions

Spelldamage does in fact buff the 'shockwave' spell that the totems provide. Meaning they benefit from both raw spelldamage and physical damage, just like EK and a handful of other spells =)

Screens

unbuffed off

atziris

def
Last edited by Sixtyeight on Aug 23, 2015, 1:37:01 PM
Are you going to be using Doon Cuebiyari? It looks better than the dagger if your not doing crit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info