[2.2] (Updated) Dkodr's HS/GS Stun Guide

"
Take a look at the last video I posted, there I use a 527dps mace. You can see I have endurance charges up almost the whole time, and how warlords mark go off from time to time. Endurance charge on melee stun gives 1 charge pr. enemy stunned, so why you can't get more than 1 charge pr. pack is beyond me.
I don't use AOE gem as I have some AOE nodes from the passive tree (top left), I think it works fine with those so I can use a dps gem instead. But as with everything it boils down to personal preference.

Endurance Charge on Melee Stun will only give you 1 endurance charge every time you click the attack, whether you have multistrike or not, and it doesn't matter how many mobs you hit. When I go to a large pack of mobs and click my ground slam, I get 1 endurance charge, even though I hit like 10 mobs. Try it.

If you watch the beginning of your video, you'll see that when you hit that first pack of mobs your endurance charges incrementally go up to 6: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. It doesn't jump from 2 straight to 6. The reason you gain them so fast is because a) you're using faster attacks with your ground slam and I'm not, you're hitting more ground slams per second than me so accordingly you will gain endurance charges faster. And also b) you're playing on a 79 map where mobs don't die in one hit so you can get multiple endurance charges per mob. Ironically, I think reflect is more dangerous on lower level maps using IC combo because things die faster and it's harder to get more than once endurance charge per mob.

At around 1:47 in your video you get your Immortal Call, and your endurance charges jump straight back up to 6. I was wondering about that but then realized that's due to your Warlord's Mark going off. I admit now it's actually a good combo! When you take the damage to trigger the CWDT, the mobs you're facing get cursed and then when you kill them you get your endurance charges back. I will definitely be trying this.
If what you are saying is true, then the description on the gem itself is not working as I understand it? "Gain and endurance charge if you stun an enemy with melee damage!
I take that literally as if I stun 1 mob I get a charge. That means it treats it as 1 attack and not 1 hit. That again means having many attacks pr. second is the best to generate charges fast. Like u said.
Another option to generate charges is to have a much lower lvl CWDT thatn i have, then warlords mark would trigger all the time and give charges on enemy deaths. Drawback then would be less Imm.Call uptime.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
It's definitely 1 endurance charge per click, even if your click starts an attack that stuns multiple targets. There are several posts in the original discussion thread on the gem that says the same thing.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/528278/page/3

If you think about it, that's how power charge on crit works too. 1 spell = 1 power charge, even if that 1 spell crits on multiple targets.

BTW, thanks for the build. I used the free respec on a scion in standard, and I'm having tons of fun stun locking Voll. I am going to grab extra frenzy charges on the tree, and I have a low level CWDT that triggers blood rage, warlord's mark, and immortal call. IC triggers more than I'd like, but I'm pegged for max charges all the time.

Updated skilltree and gear, I am now using IAOE in my Ground Slam setup, it works really well with increased aoe as I can stun larger packs, and mobs that are farther away, it helps with the survivability, on behalf of the total damage.

Last edited by Dkodr on Aug 8, 2015, 1:56:52 PM

Would This mace be good enough to start with this build?
If yes should i craft reducd stun treshhold or inc. Stun duration on it?
I just need to dicide if i should 5L (mayb lucky 6L ^o^) it
or just buy one wich is just alittle bit better while 5L wich is quite to expensive for me^^

GL Tzucaza
Last edited by Tzucaza on Aug 6, 2015, 2:22:07 PM
"
Tzucaza wrote:

or just buy one wich is just alittle bit better while 5L wich is quite to expensive for me^^
GL Tzucaza

439 pdps. It's a borderline ok mace to use for stunning, but a 500+pdps one would be best for endgame. I would put reduced stun threshold on it, get 12%. If it's worth 6socketing and 5 linking you have to consider. If it's cheaper to buy a already linked one that's got more damage or to do it self you have to decide. Just make sure it can get reduced stun threshold, as it's vital to this build. Normally it takes like 150 jews and 80-120 fuses to 5 link an item. A good rolled Mahori Erqi is probably better to use than your tbh.
"
Dkodr wrote:
"
Tzucaza wrote:

GL Tzucaza

439 pdps. It's a borderline ok mace to use for stunning, but a 500+pdps one would be best for endgame. I would put reduced stun threshold on it, get 12%. If it's worth 6socketing and 5 linking you have to consider. If it's cheaper to buy a already linked one that's got more damage or to do it self you have to decide. Just make sure it can get reduced stun threshold, as it's vital to this build. Normally it takes like 150 jews and 80-120 fuses to 5 link an item. A good rolled Mahori Erqi is probably better to use than your tbh.

Ok
I think i will craft reducd treshhold than and will just play with a 4L single traget till i get the Money for a 5L Mahori. Shouldnt take that long and for the first couble maps (till 72 or so ) it should be good enough atleast for not bosses.

GL Tzucaza
Last edited by Tzucaza on Aug 6, 2015, 6:50:16 PM
Sounds like a plan. I would just test it out a little and c how it performs.
Have made 78 map with him and i highlight that his build is really efficient and strong.

Cyu buddy
Updated stats, gear and skilltree, added some info here and there + some links.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info