Petition to un-nerf revenants

Summoner is an extremely defensive spec. You want the clear speed of op builds on top of that. How does that add up?

Besides, other op builds' existence is never a good reason to keep yours.

+1
ggg ty messing up my build (atleast no more annoying noise from now on )
NO.

Specter damage and survival is directly related to performance of original monster. Revenants were OP as fuck. Every summoner that could use them was doing so and you all should be glad for the time it lasted.

Revenant's damage needed nerf and that is what happened. Summoners are collateral damage but it is justified because if Revenants were OP in killing players they would be OP in killing other monsters as specters. OP things are brought in line with the rest of game, aka nerfed.
Last edited by Baron01 on Jul 23, 2015, 10:19:01 AM
Oh please..

Revenants made any script-kiddie a hero. That was so easy to (ab)use that any clay-handed player could safely clear anything. Spectres are all that: they let bad players clear hard content.

2.0 is not for bad players. Theyve made that clear with lots.of changes. Removing one of the easiest and cheapest ways of clearing maps was quite expected. I still wonder what took them so long. And for peoppe upset:

If you were good players before this change youll manage. If you were bad players and OP spectres carried you over.. it is time to rethink a few things.
i just think it is rather awkward that they explicitly mentioned that they were not targeting them as specters.

Why bother saying that when it is not true. are they saying "oh we were fine with the clear speed , but we are going to nerf it any way because people dont know how to dodge a shotgun mechanic"

if they had just said that they felt they were doing to much damage period , i would have been fine with it.

feels like a slap in the face

"
sidtherat wrote:
Oh please..

Revenants made any script-kiddie a hero. That was so easy to (ab)use that any clay-handed player could safely clear anything. Spectres are all that: they let bad players clear hard content.

2.0 is not for bad players. Theyve made that clear with lots.of changes. Removing one of the easiest and cheapest ways of clearing maps was quite expected. I still wonder what took them so long. And for peoppe upset:

If you were good players before this change youll manage. If you were bad players and OP spectres carried you over.. it is time to rethink a few things.

LOL, some seriously smelly bait coming from this corner
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jul 23, 2015, 10:18:35 AM
The more I think about this the angrier I get.

This nerf effectively DESTROYS a popular build two weeks into the league.
What are people supposed to do?
Passive reset? LoL no, just buy 100 regrets!
Remember all that summoner gear you bought? Yeah, it's now worth half as much if you're lucky.
Oh, you've finally completed that set of q20 gems? Yeah, fuck that.

You know what this reminds me of?
Remember that big 2.0 patch D3 got before RoS. They changed Frozen Orb to be more akin to the Frozen Orb skill from D2 you know and love, i.e. fun to play. Then RoS came along and people flocked to that build, not because it was OP, but because it was fun.
Then, about two weeks into RoS, you got this tiny little patch note "Frozen Orb now working as intended"
Take a guess what happened.

It's not like we had a prolonged beta on the PTR or even the time between 2.0 and RoS to figure this out. No, let's wait until people geared up and then fuck them over. Sound familiar?
+1
Cant do this kind of shit mid seasonal! Farmed my gear, gems etc and now im fcked. You dont even give us a fcking reset or something!
Meanwhile every fkcing moron facerolls the game with Flame Totem or CoCyclone, but obv no reason to nerf them.
GGG Logic at its best.
Spoiler
"
lobex wrote:
"
I don't usually agree with the way that GGG nerf/balance things but... This time, i'll have to 'agree' with them.
And by "Agree", i'm not necessarily saying that they did the right thing.

The fact is:

Revenants AS A MONSTER, were too dangerous for ANY players, including summoners, melees, rangers, casters, newbs, pros, no lifers, etc.

This change was intended to impact globally the players in terms of survivability, so IMHO, asking for revert this change only to benefit a small portion of the game, means that you guys are being a little selfish.

But i'm not trying to offend anyone here. You guys just need to be reasonable sometimes,

For Example:

I've never had problems with Revenants in Maps, neither in Merciless.
But that doesn't mean that other players DO NOT have problems with them. So i can't go against the people that are suffering and call them "weak" because they can't resist an over-tuned mob. (I'm not saying that you guys are doing it also, it's just an example.)

Another example:

GGG Increased the Life and Damage of enemies and that was a buff to summoners because you guys USE them.
But, in other hand, players who can't achieve a nice dps, or get A LOT of defense mechanics, can't do well against those 2.0 mobs.

You see that GGG buffed a small portion of the game (not that much, but they did).

So why don't you guys ask to revert this one too ? We (and by We, i mean Us, AND THE DEVELOPERS) need to start to think on the player base as a whole.

Supposing that Revenants were never powerful as they were, you guys wouldn't being asking to make them powerful right now.

You would just try to use it, see it's average spectre, and then think: "meh, another spectre, cool.".

I do agree that GGG could have tried to nerf it in some other ways that wouldn't impact summoners this much.

This is EXACTLY the same case with Leap Slam. They nerfed Leap Slam (from what i know) to prevent Froggies and Goats AND Poison Maws
to leap into you off-screen doesn't giving the player a chance to stand against it. They did it right. They Nerfed the range of the skill. Great ! But... They nerfed the ORIGINAL skill. Not an instanced version for mobs only. So THAT was a mistake like this one. Because now Leap Slam is useless. The thing that made Leap Slam original and efficient AND special, was its range. They did a good and a bad thing at the same time.

Laziness ? Who knows. I don't work with them, but this is what it seems to me. So in this particular point of view, i agree with you guys.

I know that your intention is NOT to be selfish, but the way you're asking for changing, is.
(at least that's what i'm seeing, please, correct if i'm wrong.)
"
lobex wrote:

If they hadnt done this 2 weeks into a new league, and rather in beta, or at the start of a league giving people a heads up then im sure most people wouldnt of spent 2 weeks lvling up gems and character that would become mediocre at best.

If tomorow they took cyclone and said it can only hit 2 times per second and we reduced its damage by 30% i think you would find people who spent all their time this leage lvling those gems and that charictor in the forums asking why their character is now so weak.

Leapslam change was not made 2 weeks into a new league so people knew exactly what to expect for the forseable future of the league.

Hmm... Yeah, i see your point, i can't disagree with that also... =/

But i hope you could try to understand mine too. Thanks !
Dream with me !
Last edited by Hilldrake on Jul 23, 2015, 10:27:23 AM
I changed some stuff and some gems as i read angry african shouting on reddit that there still fine.

Well there not, there absolute totally crap and i am going back to flame sentinels. My zombies kill faster now than revenants and thats raise specte on a 5 link.

It's a disgrace that after 2 weeks in a league they do this and also i am so sick of again going back to flame sentinels or evangalist.

Serious for once after all these years pissed off.

Maybe give us a summon pit where we can summon what we like and that is viable to use and not go backwards in acts to be viable.

meh...

"

This nerf effectively DESTROYS a popular build two weeks into the league.
What are people supposed to do?

I guess summoners were not using specters before Awakening if nerfing 1 type of monster released in Awakening means specter summoner builds are now destroyed?

No, summoners were using specters before it was just different flavour-of-a-month monster that was used.

Nerfing monster type because it was way too strong and as a collateral damage reduce damage output of summoners is unfortunate but it is not end of the world. Summoners were doing fine before Awakening and will do fine post-nerf in Awakening.

Nobody likes to have their skills nerfed--this was seen during Awakening beta with many skills and builds. This nerf was necessary to remove disproportionately powerful monster type from killing players. Should GGG compensate summoners for reducing their damage output? I let GGG to decide but know that GGG did not compensate for nerfs in the past so why they should start now and only for summoners is beyond me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info