Petition to un-nerf revenants

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
yup. and that would be easily addressed if they just removed the inability for specters to scale up

hell if they removed just that stupid thing. then maybe id stop complaining about all the other silly things,

like the fact that if you switch weapons (while one weapon has + specters on it) you will lose that specter .. even if your off hand also has + specters.. that is really lame

or the necessity to farm maps for specters... yeah people complain about the grind .. but summoner have to grind for the right to have their skill be at top grindin efficiency for maximum grindage.

or the fact that they dont persist between log outs

or the fact most of the mob ai is as dumb as bricks and cant even use their abilities consistently

or the fact that the specter gem kind of conflicts with a core game mechanic which demands specializing gems for a skill that would require multiple sets of gems to function in an environment where replacing losses is a necessity.

pfft...

Good luck to you and others. I'm not willing to waste my time anymore.

GGG obviously doesn't give a shit.
Most of the community doesn't give a shit.
I'm tired of elitist-clubhouse wallet-warriors shouting from their ivory towers about how everything is fine, if you have *list of items that cost 3+ exalts*.
I'm even more tired about people completely missing the point of this thread, which is clearly stated in the op.

Nerfing something like this, which affects other parts of the game (in this case summoners) without doing ANYTHING to compensate for it TWO WEEKS AFTER PATCH RELEASE is just amateur level. There's no communication about it. It's like GGG is pretending everything's fine. It's been quite a while since I have seen such a retarded patching and balancing policy.

I'll just wait until 2.3 in D3 hits. While that game had and has many flaws, it's at least fun to play and I don't have to worry about seeing a patch like this. Maybe Blizz will one day figure out how to give WD's minions AoE without stupid carnevil.....eh whatever, monk is still fun.

I honestly tried. Sire is like 3+ exalts, 6 links are ridiculously expensive. God forbid I have an easy time making a character and enjoy playing it. We can't have that. PoE is too hardcore for that *rolleyes*

Revenants are fine , you're just using only defensive auras and you expect to own the content . Not happening bro .
R.I.P 4.B.
"
tryhardgg wrote:
Revenants are fine , you're just using only defensive auras and you expect to own the content . Not happening bro .

lol puts profile on private to avoid showing his characters, comes in thread to say everything is fine without even using a summoner most likely. Typical GGG fanboy .
"
andreicde wrote:
"
tryhardgg wrote:

lol puts profile on private to avoid showing his characters, comes in thread to say everything is fine without even using a summoner most likely. Typical GGG fanboy .

good thing that your profile is public, so i can see GREEEEED in action:

- your summoner has nonexistant defenses with both life and ES being low on gear and from passives
- your MF is quite well developed on the other hand
- you probably can farm low-mid end maps without problems
and yet you dare to complain?

there is NO OTHER build in the game that can do such stuff: has sh.. survivability and yet farm end content AND stack MF in place of survivability

this is what summoners' perk is: ability to outsource the damage intake to others. the price for that? slow clear speeds

and this is a fair deal that has been going on for ages with the (stupid) exception made for SRS. SRS should have its 'minion' tag removed and be called 'homing fireball'

people demanding that their pure glass cannons (<100% less +hp, joke ES, no AR/EV/block/etc) can farm at the same time that builds that were build properly and are at risk of dying have lost their spine
Okay with some dmg reduction, but think reducing the # of projectiles is over doing it
"
sidtherat wrote:

people demanding that their pure glass cannons (<100% less +hp, joke ES, no AR/EV/block/etc) can farm at the same time that builds that were build properly and are at risk of dying have lost their spine

except my *pure glass cannon* is 150% life 80% es with 1 -3 defensive cuses and 2 - 0 offensive curses with heavy investment into travel nodes and tree nodes.

ill say this again investing into minions IS our AR/EV/Block/endurance charges. just because srs kind of breaks the fucking mold and shits all over game balance like it has the runs doesnt mean everything is super happy fun time.

i have made both melee , bow and summoners WITH the same god damn item rarity values (100 - 200% with 20 ish iiq).

and they too can farm the low shit. faster than the summoner in many cases.. mostly because crit bow builds are still ridiculously good .

the only reason why I play summoner is because they are cheaper (to hell with buying well rolled weapons) and controlling underlings is fun. but holy shit stop pretending like summoner is the only mf class out there.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jul 31, 2015, 7:44:16 AM
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
andreicde wrote:
"
tryhardgg wrote:

good thing that your profile is public, so i can see GREEEEED in action:

- your summoner has nonexistant defenses with both life and ES being low on gear and from passives
- your MF is quite well developed on the other hand
- you probably can farm low-mid end maps without problems
and yet you dare to complain?

there is NO OTHER build in the game that can do such stuff: has sh.. survivability and yet farm end content AND stack MF in place of survivability

this is what summoners' perk is: ability to outsource the damage intake to others. the price for that? slow clear speeds

and this is a fair deal that has been going on for ages with the (stupid) exception made for SRS. SRS should have its 'minion' tag removed and be called 'homing fireball'

My summoner's life/ES is fine, I run with purity,discipline and wrath to compensate. Also I'm not sure how thatis pure glass cannon but ok lol. My cyclone friends have 75% block with crazy armor and 50k+ dmg per hit and clear much faster especially with vaal cyclone and the bow users are clearing through content before they can even see the mobs on the screen (some don't even know how the bosses look like because they kill them so fast). Once again I'll say, I don't mind the revenants nerf, I mind the fact they have not fixed the spectre gem to scale. I'd go with it in 2 ways:
1) The spectres scale depending on the map you are doing. 75 map will scale them to 75 , 68 map to 68.
2) The desecrate remembers the last revenant + its level that you summoned similar to animate guardian (should be cake to GGG, same principle as guardian)that way I don't have to look through 20 maps to find a decent level spectre.

If it was up to me, I would not even use the revenants since they look awful and make a horrible noise that pisses me off, but there is no other choice. Any other decent revenant is too low level/not viable in terms of clearing speed. I'd love to say use a chimeara and find a build around it instead of annoying bug fapping at 400 ms a second(aka revenant).
I have actually found that the nerf is not that bad if you put back the projectiles with LMP run wrath aura with a guardian with leercast and dying breath buffing the dmg most anything with projectiles rips the content apart. Sire of shards is also a fantastic option for revenants. They are not dead as a spectre IMO. This is my experience on the way up and threw a few maps. You have to understand as a long time summoner those are still better then the last option bubble boys from the last 2 major patches. Just the fact that other spectre's are even considered let alone better then them is a huge step foward. Summoner builds don't have to be #1 clear speed in order to outlast other characters. Im speaking from a HC point of view here. I suggest before you jump on the train try some of the stuff that I said and they will be almost as strong as before they took a small nerf in my opinion and balanced out how op they actually were.

PS-I have been making summoners since the beginning of open beta. This is more viable then any other option I have had before as a summoner unless you count SRS.
Last edited by Acidxx7r1p on Aug 3, 2015, 12:56:55 PM
+1 wtf...
Now i will loose my bet for sure against my mates, because their build is WAY FUCKING more overpowered than mine and i invested tons of time farming low level maps to get the right levels to barely survive a fucking goat jumping on me... gtfo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info