The 2.0.0g Update Has Been Deployed!

"
"
GreatWhite47 wrote:
Lol @ people crying over maps. So so glad I hit 99 a few days before 2.0. Basically get fucked to everybody else that wants a high level and doesn't have either a steady group to do high level maps with or a shitload of currency to burn. I don't think some people realized just how much currency was needed to level past 95 solo pre 2.0. Now with 2.0 being live just lol. Apparently even reaching 90 is now a ''struggle'?

hardcore game for hardcore gamers 420 blaze it

Says he's 99 with private profile seems legit

FullFlaver
Level 99 Ranger
Standard League
"
GrildCheesus wrote:
God I love reading QQ after patches. Makes my day.

Are you even part of the audience that high level maps were intended for? Serious question.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Just to clarify, the ''get fucked'' portion of my 1st post was intended to be coming from GGG. It's them who don't want too many people leveling into the high 90's. Kind of dumb seeing as how mapping for 29 hours a day is 1 of the only defined endgame goals in PoE. Other things are usually goals that players set out for themselves like having a collection of rare items for example.

I just don't get it tbh. Top of the ladder will always be filled with people buying maps from 3rd party sites, rich players who can afford to buy 78's in bulk and the dedicated few who either go it alone or again run with a group. Now they want only those people to top the ladders and they'll call it making the game harder?

Anyway back to playing other games. Trove is pretty fun if anyone is wondering.
IGN: Inshiterate
So this is art? Awful lousy way to make coin
Last edited by GreatWhite47 on Jul 23, 2015, 7:16:43 PM
"
GreatWhite47 wrote:
Just to clarify, the ''get fucked'' portion of my 1st post was intended to be coming from GGG. It's them who don't want too many people leveling into the high 90's. Kind of dumb seeing as how mapping for 29 hours a day is 1 of the only defined endgame goals in PoE.

it's not dumb, it's a meta change. consider youself lucky you got a easier time leveling up.

"
GreatWhite47 wrote:
Top of the ladder will always be filled with people buying maps from 3rd party sites

everybody else beside you who is getting to 100 is doing rmt because ...?

strong claim btw. any proof to bolster it up?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
GreatWhite47 wrote:
Just to clarify, the ''get fucked'' portion of my 1st post was intended to be coming from GGG. It's them who don't want too many people leveling into the high 90's. Kind of dumb seeing as how mapping for 29 hours a day is 1 of the only defined endgame goals in PoE.

it's not dumb, it's a meta change. consider youself lucky you got a easier time leveling up.

"
GreatWhite47 wrote:
Top of the ladder will always be filled with people buying maps from 3rd party sites

From my limited experience on this forum, when person X sees (perceived) unattainable item/achievement from person Y, the default answer is RMT.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
vio wrote:
"
GreatWhite47 wrote:

"
GreatWhite47 wrote:

Meta change sure but not necessarily for the better. Just my $0.2 since I invested a lot of time and had a lot of fun playing PoE. Changing the map system like this is a move in the wrong direction. You might not agree and GGG might not agree but thats how I feel. Sucks because I was looking forward to leveling another character into the high 90's but now it'll just require more currency in game via trading. If this is what GGG wants then they should just come out and say we want this game to be trade simulator 2k15. (I love trading btw, I just don't use it as my main source of income or choose to spend the majority of my time prowling trade chats)

Also I didn't say everybody but many people are aware that RMT'ing maps is a thing. Spend time in global and talk to people in game. This isn't new and quite frankly im surprised my comments havent been moderated yet. Can't even make jokes about RMT nevermind point out whats happening. GGG knows this as well which is why they moderate RMT related things in the first place. There are people playing this game that don't even know what RMT (real money trading) stands for. Can you imagine if some of those players found out just how deep the RMT rabbithole goes? People pay their mortgages by botting in games and selling off currency. On the other end of the spectrum somebody will buy everything he/she needs to propel himself above everybody else. I personally do not care that people RMT. I have the free time to achieve close to everything I want and I have in the past few months of playing. GGG's solution to slowing down the road to a lv95+ character for players is bad. Just making it cost more money is a lazy fix. Players more dedicated than I will still achieve a high level the legit way and in a timely fashion. Nothing wrong with that at all but after all the hype for act 4 and 2.0 it's just a bit disappointing to see this is how they chose to deal with players hitting 100 too fast.

The new boss fights for example are quite fun. Maybe they could have released an uber version of them (or 1-2 of them) that players could farm for exp? But then GGG is faced with a new problem where these fights get out of control and players start racking up massive amounts of exp because the FOTM build is demolishing said boss. Not like thats a problem though seeing as how they nerfed divination card droprates...

Basically introduce new ways to farm exp and maybe they wouldn't have to nerf map drops. Or don't. Maybe it's that time in PoE's life where GGG wants to shift focus from the guys playing all day and cater to people who don't have thousands of hours to piss away. That's fine too but without a clear explantion im left scratching my head. What was it they said? Something about restricting high level maps to elite players? That just translates to players with currency to burn. Go kill uber atziri with blue gear on a 4L. That's pretty elite right? Now go run a few hundred maps and document how many times you stop and enter trade chat to re-up on 77+ maps
IGN: Inshiterate
So this is art? Awful lousy way to make coin
NOTED

I've back from holiday and started play but looks Iwill not have same chance for items/lvling than pll who started a few days bdfore me. This killing fun. I will wait fot betsr times or will change game.
"
GreatWhite47 wrote:
(I love trading btw, I just don't use it as my main source of income or choose to spend the majority of my time prowling trade chats)

Trading?!? What, where, how is trading in this game. I cannot call the constant spam in trade channels trading, nor using third party software/sites/forums out-of-game trading.
I play PoE since about 1.5 years and I could never sell anything in any form remotely close to normal trading. Well, maybe except when coincidentally someone on a chat I happen to be at the time, requested something that I happen to have and dispose of. Even then is so complicated that it hurts.
Of course, I can see how someone who really want to trade profitably can do it, but then its a completely different game they need to play (scouring chats, multitasking windows, forums,alternate softwares and plugins, currency tables and whatnot) so if u want to "trade" u need to double the time you have allocated for PoE.
I hope the QoL changes that we were gifted in 2.0 will not evade some sort of valid trading in game system..
K thx bye.

Btw, my standard chars have a stash of 100+ folders of stuff accumulated from different leagues/races etc which I never bother to sort/sell/trade due to the lack of a user friendly trade system...
Last edited by Zenshii on Jul 24, 2015, 11:32:03 AM
"
Are you even part of the audience that high level maps were intended for? Serious question.

Yes. My goal however is and never will be level 100.

"
mapping for 29 hours a day

I can only WISH I had 29 hours in my days.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info