[2.0]HC/Tempest Rain of Chaos Crit Firestorm budget build

With the changes to Firestorm's quality I decided to try out a firestorm build. Currently in 2.0 firestorm and flame totem are the two best gems to level with as a caster. An unlinked flame totem without any passives can easily carry you to early Merci.

This build is life and ES based, taking Zealot's Oath for constant energy shield regen. I use both heralds to further buff the damage to firestorm, but that makes this build extremely susceptible to elemental reflect and extremely weak to "blessing of elements" and other resistant mobs. The 100% fire to chaos conversion makes this build immune to reflect and shreds through any ele-res mobs and bosses.

Newly ripped into Standard Core from a Haku mission. It purely due to user error, though I would advise against trying to tank multiple falling rocks without anything to re-supply endurance charges.

The uniques required for this build are:

Playstyle
Spoiler
This build relies heavily on managing Endurance charges. Enduring Cry lets us have a massive burst of life regen, which is converted to ES because of Zealot's Oath.

The Kingsgaurd lets us get used to managing Enduring Cry/Endurance charges by providing a free flask when charges are used or expired. We link Cast when Damage taken with Immortal call to help us consume charges to make us immune to physical damage while healing back health.

The Restless Ward synergies well Zealot's Oath by providing additional regen per endurance charge.

Bandits
N-Oak
C-Kill
M-Alira

My Gear
Spoiler

As you can see, my gear is only enough to cap my resistances, which only cost about 10c in total.

Skill Tree Shadow/Witch Start
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBBAcEswVCBx4HYwj0DdEOSBEtEVARlhZvFvMabBslHNwfxyBuIvQkqiY8JpUqCyt4LJwtiy-dMtE1uTbpOlg8BUGWRUdFfEWdSVFJsUuuTLNQMFVLVcZd8l8qYeJjQ2SdaPJqQ2wLbRlwUnDVfIN_xoPbidOMNo8aj_qTJ5Uul5ea4J1jogCksacrp5Sus7Q4tQTAVMBmy73Q9dWm18_ZW9-K42rkIuUZ5Y7pAuvk6-7r9e9874jwH_DV8h3z6vfB-Tf79Q==
The skill tree can be changed for more damage by taking the "Explosive Impact" wheel or "Fire Walker" arc.

Leveling
Spoiler

Abberath's Horn is a super cheap leveling wand that increases the damage dealt by firestorm and flame totem.

The Cloak of Flame helps mitigate incoming phys damage and is an easy best in slot chest until you reach 60s.
Last edited by Sickso on Jul 23, 2015, 1:06:50 PM
Any help for a newbie player, what does:

Bandits
N-Oak
C-Kill
M-Alira

mean?
Last edited by raptheory on Jul 22, 2015, 9:59:48 PM
"
raptheory wrote:
Any help for a newbie player, what does:

Bandits
N-Oak
C-Kill
M-Alira

mean?

In normal difficulty, you help Oak for +40 Maximum life
In cruel difficulty, you kill all the bandits for a skill point from the NPC Eramir
In mericless difficulty, you help Alira to get a +1 to maximum power charges
ty
Thx for the build ;)
im stupid
Last edited by ogsduthee on Jul 27, 2015, 6:28:55 PM
I really like this build idea, but I don't understand, which of the three chest pieces is best to use? Infernal Mantle, Kingsguard, or Restless Ward? And if you run Discipline and the two heralds while using Infernal Mantle, wouldn't that put you at a constant state of low mana and make you extremely susceptible to spell damage due to the 100% increased spell damage taken while on low mana property?
"
Calliddus wrote:
I really like this build idea, but I don't understand, which of the three chest pieces is best to use? Infernal Mantle, Kingsguard, or Restless Ward? And if you run Discipline and the two heralds while using Infernal Mantle, wouldn't that put you at a constant state of low mana and make you extremely susceptible to spell damage due to the 100% increased spell damage taken while on low mana property?

Any of the three can be used to level, but we use the Infernal Mantle as our end game chest. Discipline gives us an effective addition to our "life" pool, and heralds provide a boost in damage. The 100% increased spell damage taken would apply for any ranged spellcasting mobs, or reflect. Because we have 100% Fire->Chaos conversion, we are immune to reflect. Vaal Discipline is used to mitigate damage when you feel necessary.
So you take 100% dmg from spells? seems rippy
well if i would say there could be some points relocating.

i se like a few i would change like the totem dmg skill?

would go with this build slightly changed but fun idea still

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA2VsbJUuu6QLfim0ZPV9SU5f0l5WnKzW5EVAfxy2LLJwreND1QZYFQq6zakPAVAj0UDAgbkyzXyrr5AQHVcaD2zpYU1JFnZrg6-58gxEtogAEs8BmRUcy0fAfaPLvfDwF98EabONqFm8kqjbp1abkIrUEjxoc3CY8FvMvnZMnbAsi9Emx18_5N--ISVHw1ZUuBx4Rln_G8h1knev1j_pjQw3RDkhwUonTcNVd8qSx5Y6dY4w2JpVh4lVLy70HY4V9a7cpT6Evvorv69Af
Last edited by Masterempun on Sep 23, 2015, 6:18:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info