[2.0]Violet Shock; a shockingly chaotic Voltaxic Rift build

Nice build man!

Very tempted to make a new build and I always liked voltaxic, hoping I can make it work this patch.

Curious to know if anyone has done the 10frenzy charge build and what the result is.
It's a pretty unique build I give you that. I really dislike the idea of travelling so many nods to get the lightning damage and Blood Magic, but since I am having such a terrible time with mana as a Ranger I'll definitely give it a shot.

Going to post my in thoughts here later.

Keep it update, keep it coming. :)
"
Bidumandias wrote:
It's a pretty unique build I give you that. I really dislike the idea of travelling so many nods to get the lightning damage and Blood Magic, but since I am having such a terrible time with mana as a Ranger I'll definitely give it a shot.

You can try leave out BM and use Thief's Torment (mgoh) + mana regen amulet and of course flasks
"
Bidumandias wrote:

Hey:]

yeah i know that feeling and yes i do need a lot of spare nodes to get there but i currently have 5k hp at lvl 84 and i clear maps very fast this way so i'm fine with it haha only thing i can currently do is upgrade my hp. i hope you like the build!
IGN inspectorgadgetz
"
naderni wrote:
Nice build man!

Very tempted to make a new build and I always liked voltaxic, hoping I can make it work this patch.

Curious to know if anyone has done the 10frenzy charge build and what the result is.

Thank you for commenting! i have not yet tried the 10 frenzy build, no currency to do so but i hope you can try out my build i really like it :] if you have any tips for me i sure will take them into consideration!
IGN inspectorgadgetz
Bump for interests
IGN inspectorgadgetz
got lucky with some sales so I decided to buy a 6L voltaxic and experiment my own build.

going RT and IR here is some dps in map. Using SA for packs and TS for single target. All blood magic with 5frenzy charges+blood dance no life/mana issues.

Spoiler

Shock chance on SA is 50%, on TS 32%, 17k armor with jade on. Still work in progress but Im pretty happy with the outcome now.
Split arrow better than LA then?

I'm doing this build on tempest atm with a 5L voltaxic for frenzy and 6L for LA.

My tooltip DPS isn't that amazing, only around 4k with 4 frenzy charges up for my GMP Chain LA but it does seem to clear packs just fine.

Decided to go with IR instead.

Level 77 atm with 5.8k HP and about 5k armour.

My current level 77 tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAA5YFLQ48EQ8UcRZvGJEaOB0UIWAkqiW8Jy8ppS19MgkyiTWSNuk6UjpYOtg7KDwtQKBEnka3SshTu1WpVcZX4lnzWlJeE2BDYVJmnmxGbj1uqnGFcg9ybHKpdPF2rHfleu97w3zZffV-r4IHgpuDCYNfg8yGYI9GkFWbXZuhogComqyYrKqxQrWFtfK3PryfvoDBtMT2xq7Mt89-02_Vddi92XzbT9-_4MPhc-Nq6hjtIO9O71Dyl_cy99f46_rS_go=

What do you guys think?

The only problem I seem to have is that my single target DPS seems a bit lackluster.
MFJonesHC
Last edited by MFJones on Aug 10, 2015, 8:49:07 PM
Hello, I'm trying this build out as CI using the Soul Strike quiver, the -40% recharge rate only subtracts 80 es/second regeneration currently (don't know why, must be the way its calculated) so theres virtually no drawbacks to this, and ES recharges practically instantly.

I linked my HoT to blind and curse on hit - temporal chains (for now anyway) and it really allows you to evade every other hit and recharge ES.

I'm wondering what you guys think I should use for a single target skill, for bosses/solo rare mobs. I'm thinking of trying out one or two of the ES on hit jewels. Lightning arrow, barrage, or some other skill? (main skill)-FA-WED-ALD-Blind-(Life Leech? I dunno for 6th)

I'm thinking Blind in the single target 6L because HoT wont proc without trash mobs, and I really like it with ES recharge.

My AoE 6L is Lightning Arrow-GMP-FA-WED-ALD-Innervate currently.

I'm debating about using the Hungry Abyss jewel for some life leech fun(and rolling leech on rings/quiver I'm right near GR/VP so why not), and Eldritch Knowledge in my int areas until I can get some really nice lightning/chaos dmg, ES recharge/Increased ES, ES on hit jewels.

Thoughts? About anything about the build. So far I'm having a blast with it, and I really like playing CI :)

Passive tree around 85ish

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAl5dFfOUZtDj79Yw2fjOkkROeXfKZmutjES8rCrb3tUjndG1swQD1S746EHvbGgMeH0EGIxa_6NbDOiLqKjgaj_ba-wkZisSilwaExZu1DkgRlhnXrTOTlX_GflknqYhCwcX0cUNUHdnsGBXXLL9WY4auL2_ZE3C7X2rQ0I_6ytO-ipMnoS-0DCpTsnBilQ186rqDCUZx4Ygdqv5JbRki9GwL6QL-s1crvYLfihsl2VtLrqcrNbkRUB1PLR9MszsN7-vQHxEP3YzZX-ASjRl-ry19wbTvULWF

After that I'll get the lightning cluster by the two 30str/dex nodes then maybe the Method to the Madness chaos dmg or another jewel socket.

For clearing packs I feel split arrow+chain is better.

For single target I myself prefer GMP+tornado shot, somehow I just dont like frenzy....

Anyway that is just my personal preference.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info