Innervate Support Gem Question

Hey all, so I've been using the Innervate gem a bit recently because the idea of the shock and onslaught is really appealing to my build, but I had a few questions about the gem that I'm having trouble answering for myself. I was hoping someone more knowledgeable might be able to tell me a few nuances about the gem.

1. Do you have to kill a shocked enemy with the supported skill to obtain onslaught? Or can you just apply shock with innervate and then kill the shocked enemy with a different ability? My best guess right now is the former but I'm hoping for the latter because otherwise innervate is actually a bad gem for my build :[

If it's the latter then shock duration is probably running out before I'm killing enemies, which is a separate problem that I'll just have to address or work around with my build.

2. Is there some sort of particle or aura I can look for to verify if the enemy I've blasted has been shocked? I have a hard time telling between my elemental equilibrium effect, the freeze/chill on my cold snap, and my elemental proliferation circles >_>

3. Does the shock duration of my innervate scale with damage dealt even though it's supporting cold snap, rather than a lightning skill? Or does it simply end after 60ms because I have no lightning damage on my ability?

Thanks!
-Nasreth
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
1. Yes, you need to kill a shocked enemy with the skill you got innervate linked with. It doesn't matter what you used to apply shock.

2. It has sparks all over, if you're polluting the screen too much with visuals you probably won't see it.

3. If you did no lightning damage or you did less than 1% of target health it won't be shocked.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
1. Yes, you need to kill a shocked enemy with the skill you got innervate linked with. It doesn't matter what you used to apply shock.

2. It has sparks all over, if you're polluting the screen too much with visuals you probably won't see it.

3. If you did no lightning damage or you did less than 1% of target health it won't be shocked.

Not the answer I was hoping for... but thank you anyways! Guess I'll have to find something else to link to my cold snap since innervate is clearly a waste with my build. That's too bad, it looked so promising.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info