[2.0] Non-Crit Double Strike Build Planner

Hello my fellow exiles,

As I was leveling with my duelist in tempest league, eventuelly some day reaching a point to use flicker strike ([2.0.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition! - Thanks to KorgothBG for this guide) I was using Double Strike on the way with melee splash and it was great fun!

As I found a jewel on the way with
6% aspd when holding a shield
11% incr melee damage
13% incr melee phys damage when holding a shield
I knew I had to make a build for this.

I tried putting together some practicable gem combinations:

Helmet [4] blood rage + incr duration + vengeance + life gained on hit
Shoes [4] tempest shield + chain + curse on hit + warlord's mark/vulnerability
Gloves [4] hatred + herald of ash + haste/grace/determination + enlighten
1h Weapon (AXE) [3] Immortal Call - CWDT - Incr. Duration
Shield [3] Leap Slam - Endurance Charge on Melee Stun - Faster Attacks
Chest [4-6] double strike + melee physical damage + melee splash + multistrike [+ fortify] [+ faster attacks / + added fire damage]

I'd use Faster Attacks over added fire damage to have a swap option for single target (melee splash out, added fire damage in). Wouldn't work with faster attacks due to different colors.

And this is where it all starts.
I am currently facing a lot of questions regarding the skill tree setup I should go for.

This is the current state of my skill tree:

- Plan is to go down the duelist path to go for iron reflexes first.
- Next would be following the pathing to Resolute Technique, grabbing what's needed on the way.
- Unsure when to go for the scion life wheel and the awesome attack speed nodes nearby.
- 2 Jewel slots included - only skilled, when needed.
- "Lust for Carnage" in Marauder section would be optional if there's not enough life leech on the gear to maintain Blood Rage.
- Currently +21% Block Chance (nodes + tempest shield)

Questions:
- Any thoughts on the skill gem setup?
- Is it worth grabbing the endurance charges?
- Will I need some -% mana reservation nodes together with enlighten to run the aura setup?
- Did I skill enough +%life nodes?
- Should I get rid of some other nodes to be able to skill "Command of Steel" right to the duelist starting point? Would be +4% Block chance and include some precious Dex/Int points on the way.

I am open for suggestions, hoping to make this a worthy guide.

Plus I plan on updating here while leveling as soon as I started playing a new character for this setup, presuming a somewhat final build version.

Let the discussion begin, I appreciate any participation/thoughts/help! ;)

Cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info