HotW submission - Wraeclast 1950

Year 1950~1960ish. Before (or after, i dont really read the game lore) Dominus and the like messed everything up, Wraeclast had been a prosperous land. People had started driving cars and building roads, and even the most hidden of places had become accessible. Once elusive forests and beaches became much easier to reach, and this hideout is my take on how Wraeclast would have looked during such an industrial revolution.

The hideout was made in Warbands league. There are no lvl 8 decorations in the hideout whatsoever, and it relies heavily on improvisation, which i hope people will like! Also i want to say thanks to everyone who shared masters so this would be made in such a short time span!

youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GicFR5vruF8

album link: http://imgur.com/a/wC0eD

This hideout isnt really a "hideout" in that sense of word, because it doesnt feel very safe. You appear in the middle on the road, with cars going in both directions. The main road goes through three tunnels, one inside the hideout, and two that are just partially in the hideout. The off-road leads to a little parking lot, where people park their cars in order to walk around and enjoy the beach, which is accessible through a little path that starts from the main road as well. A well can be reached directly from the main road, although there is no path leading to it.

Most cars are relatively simple and function only as transportation devices for a person or two, while some are a little larger and have trailers. Almost every car has an actual function, because all the crafting benches have been hidden inside the cars, even the map device. Cars also function as stash and guild stash.

Hope you enjoy the hideout! Any feedback would be lovely as well!
Last edited by hideouts on Jul 21, 2015, 1:56:26 AM
This is really nice! I haven't seen one quite like this. I have one tiny suggestion: with really tall trees, I recommend using them at the back of rooms so that they don't obstruct the eye of the viewer. Other than that, really nice work! Clean and simple, yet unique.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
This is really nice! I haven't seen one quite like this. I have one tiny suggestion: with really tall trees, I recommend using them at the back of rooms so that they don't obstruct the eye of the viewer. Other than that, really nice work! Clean and simple, yet unique.

oooo hello there! thanks for kind words, glad you liked it! i wanted to make something unique, and well, after i got the initial idea, it wasnt that hard!

and yeah, i put that many trees to make it feel darker and more...foresty, if that word even exists (if not, it should exist)! like when i was little and traveled between towns a lot, i loved tunnels because there were many many trees and was dark and comfortable and i could sit there for hours :)
great idea
Love the cars
good job
Cool idea. I use a very similar design for the train in my hideout:

http://imgur.com/Yrc6vh7

If you want to keep the "tunnel" look but make it a bit easier to see try using some fellshrine ruins (160.000 favor from catarina 8) the nr. 4 or 5 is a nice combo of ruins, path and tree.
Path of Hideout fanatic.
King Arthur and the Exiles of the Round table:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l1OZlysRNY
The Cults of the Dragon and the Colossus:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QcSK9UCIzE
Last edited by Jernsaxe on Jul 23, 2015, 5:22:05 PM
This one I like, nice work OP
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
thanks for the kind words guys <3

also @jernsaxe: i tried to avoid the fellshine ruins because i have a plan for them in my next hideout project...if they fix leo xp that is :(
This is a really cool looking hideout! Very simple and yet so unique & beautiful... and the feel of it being like.. this dark, forgotten passage in the depths of the forest where traders used to smuggle stuff from the black market.

I´d say Catarina should be more... hidden. Sort of like a place in the forest that you accidently find and regret that you´ve found it, should be more ¨spooky¨. The problem with that is that there´s not really much space to play with it since you´ve used all the space pretty well.

Good job!

P.S: Also, it would be nice to put a link in the description of the video that goes back to this thread for more info, etc.
Kick names & take ass!
Last edited by Zambuze on Sep 20, 2015, 8:17:28 PM
awwww thanks! <3 i wanted it to be simple but cute yes!

and will put a link in the youtube video, i was kinda in a rush when i made the topic so i forgot to do it then, was like 1-2 weeks in the warbands league when i finished it :p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info