So far im going with:
Elemental Proliferation
Faster Casting
Chance to ignite

I have room for two more. Trying to decide between:
Fire Penetration
Increased area of effect
Added lightning damage

I'm leaning towards increased aoe and light damage. I'd pick up the shock passive nodes.

Basically I want to quickly shoot single hard hitting fireballs that burn everything nearby.
IGN: HotnessEverspleen
You definitely want lesser multiple projectiles, and faster projectiles. Those two are almost required to be able to consistently hit targets. And lesser multiple does significantly more damage when you can get two or three fireballs to hit the same target.

Other than that I am planning to use crit chance, fire penetration, and something else in the end.
"
Secksy wrote:
I have room for two more.

You should plan your build around a 4L. 5/6L are extremely rare and expensive, so avoid planning for them unless you already own one.
i already have an lmp fire witch.

I am simply looking for the best option from the skills i listed.

I don't want to focus on crits, and a lot of my damage is coming from burns. It is more damage to spread a burn from a single target hit hard by 1 proj than using lmp in my situation.
I would go for lightning and aoe with static blows. Proliferating shocks alongside burns is a good thing. But again, that's for some theoretical time when you have a 5/6L. The current game can be completely cleared with only a 4L, and is balanced for such.
I found a 5L white ES robe in act 2 ruthless.

Then tried using an orb i had never used before (one that says it adds sockets) and it went down to a 2 socket non linked.
Dumbest thing I have done so far.
I can get linked sockets, plus..prior to that point I will prioretize my skills, taking the order of:

Fireball>Chance to Ignite>Elemental Prolif>Added Lightning>Increased Aoe>Faster Casting

I'm now curious if Elemental equilibrium with in effect make every enemy hit effectively have a -25% resist to fire and lightning.

Sucks about the links man.:(

The easiest way to find them for me so far, is to join open parties and back track their zone picking up their missed drops. Scavenging. I have gotten soooo many chroms and lots of nice links from it.
Last edited by Secksy on Feb 12, 2013, 12:57:20 AM
"
Secksy wrote:
I'm now curious if Elemental equilibrium with in effect make every enemy hit effectively have a -25% resist to fire and lightning.

I think you read elemental equilibrium wrong:

"
Path of Exile wiki: Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +25% flat Resistance to that Element and -50% Resistance to other Elements.

I think it would be +25% resist to fire and lightning and -50% resist to cold. Just a heads up so you don't gimp yourself to get something that doesn't work like you think it will.
Don't meant to butt in here but you all seem knowledgeable. The singe fireball sounds interesting. If one were to go for multiples though is LMP definitely the choice over GMP? Thanks!
IGN - Dapper_The_Strapper
"Stripper with a strap-on"
wouldnt it be..

fire hits: +25 fire - 50 all else.
Then light hits: +25 light -50 all else.

equating to -25 light and fire -50 cold?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info