the ele immune CI tank

the idea :
chaos inaculation-immune to chaos.
get 75% all res.
saffell's frame- 4% all max res.
Incandescent Heart gives off a bit more than 5% effective max res.
fortify stacks on top of that.

the math:
say i take 30000 ele damage.
Incandescent Heart- 30000*0.75=22500
resistances- 22500*0.25=5625
fortify- 5625*0.8=4500

i am only hit with 6.6% of the initial dmg

extras:
i could also use arctic armour- 12% fire mitigation- 4500*0.92=4140
corrupted amulet +1% max res
Ruby/Topaz/Sapphire flask +10% max res to corresponding damage type
Divination Distillate +6% all max res
legacy saffell's have 5% all max res
the 3 purities
and so on...

phys def:
chaos golem
fortify
armour

for attack, ice crash is probably the best choice with all the ele clusters next to the templar. the hatred aura could also help, and would boost the dps significantly.
the links are: ice crash, faster attacks, fortify, weapon ele, and both melee phys on full life and plain melee phys.
the weapon of choice would be Doryani's Catalyst, for obvious reasons, but Cameria's Maul, a mace introduced in the awakening, is a cheaper choice until lvl 75, as it gives cold damage and has plenty of good modifiers.

the overall cost of this build is very cheap, saffell's sell for a chaos, Incandescent Heart sells for 3 exalts for a 5-link, doryany's costs 3 exalts for a good ele roll, i dont know how much cameria's maul sells for, but i think it is pretty cheap. all in all, 7 exalts at the most.

for flasks- all ele flasks, a granite and divination distillate, with your choice of affixes.
other gear just needs high res and some dex to run hatred and use faster attacks.

tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUADF8NfBXXGFYYXRpsHKcc3Cj6KU8svzCXMok5ijqdOzs8BUNjQ8hG10qYTwRRdFHmU6VWY1cpV8lX4lnzW6BgZWZUaHRo8mn-a9lxTXGFcg9yqXdTd-V8DnxLfNl-WX7Hf8aCm4LHhXuGrouMjHaO6Y8akyeUXJRvlKCWdJrPna6ePJ7Fn9-hL6KjppmnCKdVrKqt8a9stAy2hrcxuJO-isBmwcXE9sauytPMZtpi2t3kIuWL6hjquuvu7BjsOOzL7SDvfPH-9zL3wfnb-d356P_T

4 jewel slots on tree. the best affixes: weapon ele/cold, increased armour/ES, and mace phys(maybe attack speed?)

this is my first thread and first build, feel free to critique and i hope you enjoy.
This build will likely not work because you didn't deal with physical damage. You will end up with maybe 4K ES maximum and a rhoa charge will one shot you. Yes you will be immune to elemental but that's only half the game.

i still have armor, fortify, arctic armour and chaos golem
and granite flask
I've built this before in hardcore as a COC in bloodlines. Be interested to see if new fortify, AA and endurance charges make the difference. I ended up dieing to the museum whipper.
and i thought i was the first to think about this build...
do u have any other idea on how to improve it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info