WIP-(2.0) Life Based Phys DW Spectral Throw - 47k gmp ST

Lightning coil is easier to equip now that you can craft lightning resist in jewels
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Hi, I wanted to try a spectral throw build, but have some questions before i try your build

1. Are all the uniques needed to run the build effectively? Are there some cheaper opions for the gear? (Maybe only a 4L Belly and some rares or cheaper uniques)
2. Did you level with spectral throw from the beginning or when did you start using it?
3. Which items are the most important?
4. Bandits?
5. Can you make a skill tree progression? (Like 20 points, 40, 60 and so on)

Hope you can help :)
None of the uniques are necessary, just really, really helpful. The reason I use a belly is because its like a rare on steroids, with a lot of life. A rare chest with high evasion and resists is just as good.

I used a lot of skills while leveling, including spectral throw, which I must say is total shit while leveling. Just level ST in an offhand slot and level however you see fit until around level 70, by which time you should be ready to use it.

In terms of uniques, most important is Bino's due to high crit chance, and more importantly, the super high life regen it gives. You can then get another cheaper dagger, but I find that dual wielding Bino's gives the best return.

Bandits: Oak, Kraityn, Kraityn

I'll make a tree progression when I get the time to write up a proper guide. Until then, just go for all the life and regen nodes, spec into any utility(mana) nodes you need. Get all the phys and aps nodes whenever you feel you need more dps. Spec into proj speed nodes when you begin using spec throw. Finally in the end take all the crit and crit multi nodes.

Good luck!

P.S. I know the info is quite lacking, but I really want to find the best balance of dps and defense before writing up something final.

P.P.S. I am a total idiot and forgot to get the 2 extra skill points from a4 normal and cruel. These I then put into the proj nodes at duelist start. This took me to 51k gmp dps. I promptly died to reflect so I did some more shuffling around in the tree and removes some frenzy charges to get phase acro, and now my max dps is about 46k gmp, and I expect to reach 55k in 4 levels(not likely lol) and when all my gems are 20/20.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
I saw in your profile you have accuitys. Do you have any problems with surviveability or reflect? How much hp do you have?
Last edited by piedro on Aug 3, 2015, 9:19:04 AM
Well,the gloves are a new addition and totally not needed. However if you can get them it's pretty nice to have. They aren't needed to manage reflect and totally a luxury item. Most of our life recovery comes from bino's.

I have about 4.8k hp, which is on the low side. However, that's to be expected, since we remain entrely on the right side of the tree.

On a side note, I've switched to reave. Better clear speed.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
this build still works?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info