So instead of a troll-mantle now we have a troll-mjonier

This is GGG's way of telling all of us to not take PoE so seriously. It's just a video game.

"
FadeXF wrote:
"
This is GGG's way of telling all of us to not take PoE so seriously. It's just a video game.

Really? Then make a self found league with drop rates on currency and uniques that favor the player... it's just a video game.

They'll only do things that fall within the standards of what the GGG brass considers fun. SFL for them, isn't fun. Gag items are.

Not for me to decide :)
@FadeXF

Your faulty logic is thinking that the existence of this item manipulates your chances of finding/chancing a mjollnir.

That is the real troll in this scenario, you yourself.

All the information is out there, how loot distribution works, how items are rolled and formed before coming into existence.

Your chances of chancing a mjollnir are still the same as prior to the creation of this unique.

your inability to comprehend this fact, or unwillingness to educate yourself enough on this system so you can cope with it is your own doing and is what leads to these illogical and retarded emotional states.

If the game asigns "Unique rarity tier 1" --> "gavel base type" a mjollnir is brought into existence for the player.

If the game asigns "unique rarity tier 3"(which i assume this new gavel will be in, either 2 or 3) ---> "
gavel base type" this new gavel is formed.

Unique rarity tier comes prior to base-type.

Hope that helps you somewhat understand the illogical rationale behind your projected expectations of having "less chance" to create/find a mjollnir.

If not, honestly i can't be arsed but laugh at this thread and some people's responses.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
The ultimate troll which i find funny is that people haven't realized that this gavel is basically 80% free IIR% if build around in the current content on weapon slots.

The troll is convincing people it's a troll item while it is in reality a very solid MF item in it's current form.

For which i applaud the creator, this thread alone proves his success. And the price range for these things on XyZ is probably exactly what he was aiming for.

Cheap early league gear to start making money with.

Hmm 40% iir on the one ailment that's a free cull effect. I wonder, such troll.

Whatever, have at it. The creator must be happy with his success. Can't really blame GGG or the creator for faulty or irrational logic that's on the beholder.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
FadeXF wrote:
"
FadeXF wrote:

There's still that sensation - that raw gaming experience - of seeing a unique THE UNIQUE YOU WERE LOOKING FOR FOR THOUSANDS OF GAMING HOURS drop in the upper tier only to have a shitty gaming "fuck - that sucks" experience. It's not fun.

I agree, making assumptions isn't fun, neither is being irrational.

But again, that's not on GGG to fix. They don't dictate how you control yourself or how you exercise your mental prowess.

Peace,

-Boem-
Is it true, or isn't it? That eventually more unique items will share a base type? Before you argue on the side of Charan, please, answer this. Until then you are ignoring the logical foundation of this conflict.
"
innervation wrote:
Is it true, or isn't it? That eventually more unique items will share a base type? Before you argue on the side of Charan, please, answer this. Until then you are ignoring the logical foundation of this conflict.

It's irrelevant, because the bigger illogical jump is the assumption that everybody finding this item will experience the "i am trolled" sensation.

It's quite evident that will not be the case.

It's similar to how some people call "the goddess bound" a troll item because it's a tier 1 drop, so they make the assumption they just wasted a tier 1 drop for an item not highly desired. While other people actively pursue a goddess bound.

This is similar to this thread, except that instead of the same "item base" becoming the source of the illogical rational, it is the rarity tier that becomes the base for the assumption being made.

Peace,

-Boem-
who gives a fuck what item base a unique has?!?! fucking identify it and then get a boner ffs!
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
FadeXF wrote:
"
[Removed by Support]

I get angry at having the Shavs vs Trollmantle finally resolved after years of discussions - only to now have them add another exact replicate. This is even worse in my opinion because of 2 things: 1) GGG should already have learned this lesson from past results and 2) the guy intentionally added the item with the explicit purpose to wreck other player's gaming time/experience. Fuck: they don't even let us post in the forums under those conditions and worse... but it's ok to wreck someone's actual in game gaming experience? Hypocrites.

And as far as my personal life goes: I am married - same girl for the last 15 years - have a son who is 5 - both my wife and I have jobs - 2 cars - 2 car garage on our own home. But you know: thanks I guess for the assumptions and attempts to troll?

Ha, I was reported.

You're getting bent over a videogame, that doesn't pay your bills. (Made a assumption based on a lack of twitch logo)

I found roughly a dozen uniques before finding one even remotely useful. Did you read a thread created by me getting upset, nope. My first five uniques were redbeaks and the lvl 1 rings with the chaos damage.

Just think about the hundreds or rares each of us vendor food every day. Everyone of those rares are troll items. I keep a few for changeouts for resist purposes. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't even keep a full page of gear.

This game is designed to make you chase a carrot on a stick. So troll items must exist. You're just upset that someone was willing to spend $1,000 just to troll players.

I think the guy that made the mace should get a award. Because he pulled it off brilliantly.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
Edit: accidental duplicate post.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
Last edited by DorenAlexander on Jul 19, 2015, 2:41:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info